Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for advice for a trip through the south

Looking for advice for a trip through the south
(08-14-2019, 09:04 PM)Alan V Wrote: The Greenville County Museum of Art in Greenville, South Carolina is close to Greer, and has a major collection of art by Andrew Wyeth.  There's even a special exhibit of his work on display there until September 15.

https://gcma.org/see/

One of my cousins lives between Greer and Greenville.  They took us to Greenville for lunch when we were out for the eclipse.  The way the river runs through that town is just stunning.  I took these photos there.

[Image: 35991788054_5fd3280e1b_c.jpg]

[Image: 35991773554_6a825b25f3_c.jpg]

[Image: 36429746740_a7889c8e02_c.jpg]

In the last photo, that's my cousin Russell beside Lia in the middle while his wife Lisa and I are standing on the outside. They're both all-in to some fundamentalist religion, but he was the worst with his long, long story of finding his faith. There was no way to turn it into a conversation, he just wanted to tell the tale. She doesn't seem as bad. Plus she is a great gardener and they both play card games as do Lia and I so we managed to have a pretty good time anyway.

Don't tell me you live near there too? Small world!
"Talk nonsense, but talk your own nonsense, and I'll kiss you for it. To go wrong in one's own way is better than to go right in someone else's. 
F. D.
The following 5 users Like Mark's post:
  • Alan V, Gawdzilla Sama, Vera, jerry mcmasters, Aegon

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking for advice for a trip through the south - by Mark - 08-14-2019, 09:24 PM