Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Halloween Thread

The Halloween Thread
My kid talked me into getting a hot dog costume for our kitty. I warned her that the cat would kill us in our sleep but she didn't care.

[Image: htvPyZ3.jpg]
There is in the universe only one true divide, one real binary, life and death. Either you are living or you are not. Everything else is molten, malleable.

-Susan Faludi, In the Darkroom
The following 3 users Like Tres Leches's post:
  • Mark, Phaedrus, TheGulegon

The Halloween Thread
Sadly this is the last year of trick or treating for my daughter. She'll be 14 and in high school next year and I told her she'll be too old. We'll give out candy instead which I love doing and still celebrate Day of the Dead.

This is part of her loot - we weighed it and she got 5 pounds/ 2.3 kgs!! She did get a whole candy bar. The homes that give out whole candy bars are legendary in kid-world. Big Grin

[Image: 7YVBk7u.jpg]
There is in the universe only one true divide, one real binary, life and death. Either you are living or you are not. Everything else is molten, malleable.

The following 4 users Like Tres Leches's post:
  • Mark, Phaedrus, jerry mcmasters, TheGulegon

The Halloween Thread
(11-05-2019, 02:53 AM)Tres Leches Wrote: This is part of her loot - we weighed it and she got 5 pounds/ 2.3 kgs!! She did get a whole candy bar. The homes that give out whole candy bars are legendary in kid-world. Big Grin

My little brother always stocks up on whole candy bars and gives those away.  We have never gotten anybody at our house. We're the only inhabited house in the middle of the block on our side so that might have something to do with it.

Now begins the part of Halloween I always liked best: the child hides their loot and the parents have to find it steal some.  Never gets old.
"Talk nonsense, but talk your own nonsense, and I'll kiss you for it. To go wrong in one's own way is better than to go right in someone else's. 
F. D.
The following 2 users Like Mark's post:
  • Phaedrus, Tres Leches

The Halloween Thread
(11-05-2019, 03:06 AM)Mark Wrote:
(11-05-2019, 02:53 AM)Tres Leches Wrote: This is part of her loot - we weighed it and she got 5 pounds/ 2.3 kgs!! She did get a whole candy bar. The homes that give out whole candy bars are legendary in kid-world. Big Grin

My little brother always stocks up on whole candy bars and gives those away.  We have never gotten anybody at our house. We're the only inhabited house in the middle of the block on our side so that might have something to do with it.

Now begins the part of Halloween I always liked best: the child hides their loot and the parents have to find it steal some.  Never gets old.

Your brother is probably legendary in his neighborhood with those whole candy bars. Big Grin

Your house is a little isolated and I'm not too surprised you don't get any trick or treaters. You could wait outside your door with a table and a bowl of candy if you were so inclined, though! Big Grin

One of my coworkers gives out glasses of wine on Halloween to parents as they're walking around with their kids.

-Teresa

The following 1 user Likes Tres Leches's post:
  • Mark

The Halloween Thread
Submitted for your consideration.

"Talk nonsense, but talk your own nonsense, and I'll kiss you for it. To go wrong in one's own way is better than to go right in someone else's. 
F. D.
The following 3 users Like Mark's post:
  • Phaedrus, Tres Leches, TheGulegon

The Halloween Thread
Dat cat put with some silly shit.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]
The following 2 users Like Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Phaedrus, Mark

The Halloween Thread
(11-05-2019, 12:21 PM)Mark Wrote: Submitted for your consideration.

Big Grin
I LOVE that video. I watch it over and over and it never gets boring!

-Teresa

• Mark

The Halloween Thread
Strut it if you got it.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]

The Halloween Thread
(11-05-2019, 09:06 PM)Tres Leches Wrote:

Big Grin

-Teresa

It cracked me up when I saw it on Fb I'm not sure if I even commented before going to youtube to look for it.  Were you the one who posted it?  Major belated kudos if I ran off without commenting. 
  Smile
F. D.
The following 1 user Likes Mark's post:
  • Tres Leches

The Halloween Thread
Snapchat filter scaring kids.

The following 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post:
  • Tres Leches

The Halloween Thread
(11-05-2019, 11:24 PM)Mark Wrote:
(11-05-2019, 09:06 PM)Tres Leches Wrote:

Big Grin

-Teresa

It cracked me up when I saw it on Fb I'm not sure if I even commented before going to youtube to look for it.  Were you the one who posted it?  Major belated kudos if I ran off without commenting. 
  Smile

Yep, I posted it yesterday! And I'm still watching it  Big Grin

-Teresa

The following 2 users Like Tres Leches's post:
  • Phaedrus, Mark

The Halloween Thread
(11-05-2019, 02:47 AM)Tres Leches Wrote: My kid talked me into getting a hot dog costume for our kitty. I warned her that the cat would kill us in our sleep but she didn't care.

Oh, don't kid yourself, kitty cares.  This aggression will not stand.  While you sleep, kitty plots your demise...
The following 3 users Like jerry mcmasters's post:
  • Phaedrus, Mark, Tres Leches

The Halloween Thread
Exasperated mom scolds dad who is way into Halloween

Quote:Sabrina Zimmerman couldn’t mask her horror when she was driving home and spotted her husband, Evan Zimmerman, dressed as Michael Myers from the 1978 slasher film "Halloween."

“There’s something about Michael with the white face and the way he walks,” Evan, 36, told TODAY Parents. “He creeps people out more than anybody.”

• TheGulegon

The Halloween Thread
(11-06-2019, 03:31 AM)Phaedrus Wrote: Exasperated mom scolds dad who is way into Halloween

Quote:Sabrina Zimmerman couldn’t mask her horror when she was driving home and spotted her husband, Evan Zimmerman, dressed as Michael Myers from the 1978 slasher film "Halloween."

“There’s something about Michael with the white face and the way he walks,” Evan, 36, told TODAY Parents. “He creeps people out more than anybody.”

She better put up with it.  Or he'll fucking stab her.
The following 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post:
  • Phaedrus

The Halloween Thread
(11-06-2019, 03:35 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:
(11-06-2019, 03:31 AM)Phaedrus Wrote: Exasperated mom scolds dad who is way into Halloween

She better put up with it.  Or he'll fucking stab her.

If I saw this guy coming I'd definitely hide behind the chainsaws.
F. D.
The following 3 users Like Mark's post:
  • Phaedrus, Tres Leches, jerry mcmasters

The Halloween Thread
(11-06-2019, 03:27 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:
(11-05-2019, 02:47 AM)Tres Leches Wrote: My kid talked me into getting a hot dog costume for our kitty. I warned her that the cat would kill us in our sleep but she didn't care.

Oh, don't kid yourself, kitty cares.  This aggression will not stand.  While you sleep, kitty plots your demise...

Yeah, it was my kid who didn't care about my kitty homicide warning. She wanted the costume even if the cat murders us. Maybe it's worth it to her?  Smile
The cat still gives us side eye after the hot dog costume and if we dress the kitty in an outfit like in the YouTube catwalk videos my kid and I might as well immediately change our identities and go into hiding.  Big Grin

-Teresa

The following 3 users Like Tres Leches's post:
  • Phaedrus, Mark, jerry mcmasters

The Halloween Thread
As we were trick or treating on Halloween there was a man dressed as a scary clown holding red balloons skulking around in front of a home. I think he was supposed to be from Stephen King's "It"?
He was a little too into his role though. I had a weird feeling when he approached us and started talking to us in a "scary" voice. He ran an entire block to sneak up behind some young kids and jump at them.
Also, this was the same neighborhood that the Golden State Killer lived in for 30+ years before he was arrested last year. We trick or treated down his street before he was caught but I've no idea if we knocked at his home or not. I'm glad he's gone.

-Teresa

The following 2 users Like Tres Leches's post:
  • Phaedrus, Mark

The Halloween Thread
Queer Halloween Party

Some of my favorites:

[Image: 001_wehocarnival.jpg]
[Image: 003_wehocarnival.jpg]
[Image: 022_wehocarnival.jpg]
The following 2 users Like Phaedrus's post:
  • Tres Leches, jerry mcmasters

The Halloween Thread
(11-06-2019, 04:52 AM)Tres Leches Wrote: As we were trick or treating on Halloween there was a man dressed as a scary clown holding red balloons skulking around in front of a home. I think he was supposed to be from Stephen King's "It"?
He was a little too into his role though. I had a weird feeling when he approached us and started talking to us in a "scary" voice. He  ran an entire block to sneak up behind some young kids and jump at them.
Also, this was the same neighborhood that the Golden State Killer lived in for 30+ years before he was arrested last year. We trick or treated down his street before he was caught but I've no idea if we knocked at his home or not. I'm glad he's gone.

-Teresa

It was my one night a year to get drunk and wear a mask and run around like a crazy asshole and not get arrested.  Give me a break, willya?
The following 2 users Like jerry mcmasters's post:
  • Phaedrus, Tres Leches

The Halloween Thread
(11-06-2019, 05:57 AM)Phaedrus Wrote: Queer Halloween Party

Some of my favorites:

[Image: 001_wehocarnival.jpg]
[Image: 003_wehocarnival.jpg]
[Image: 022_wehocarnival.jpg]

Meh.  Needs more lesbians.
The following 2 users Like jerry mcmasters's post:
  • Phaedrus, SYZ

The Halloween Thread
(11-08-2019, 03:02 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:
(11-06-2019, 04:52 AM)Tres Leches Wrote: As we were trick or treating on Halloween there was a man dressed as a scary clown holding red balloons skulking around in front of a home. I think he was supposed to be from Stephen King's "It"?
He was a little too into his role though. I had a weird feeling when he approached us and started talking to us in a "scary" voice. He  ran an entire block to sneak up behind some young kids and jump at them.

-Teresa

It was my one night a year to get drunk and wear a mask and run around like a crazy asshole and not get arrested.  Give me a break, willya?

Well, you sure as heck didn't look like your avatar in that scary clown outfit.  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin 

-Teresa

• Phaedrus

The Halloween Thread
[Image: 73319492_1012589709083793_76815809247979...e=5E4B790F]
  • jerry mcmasters

The Halloween Thread
[Image: 74604705_1662522430550624_85387368251900...e=5E5C68EF]

The Halloween Thread
[Image: 74634386_1663802487089285_41321050266486...e=5E484A28]

The Halloween Thread