Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's me again mathilda

It's me again mathilda
(08-07-2019, 06:18 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(08-07-2019, 03:06 AM)Inkubus Wrote: Drich and I have had many a conversation. Some good, some shite. I'm surprised you arn't aware of this given your knowledge of his track record.

Not sure why you'd draw that conclusion. Knowing he's an asshole doesn't mean I follow all his contacts.

well that's the thing I'd say a great number of people don't have bad experiences with me. I do generate alot of likes and followers when dealt with honestly and fairly. I often time simply reflect what or who it is you bring to the discussion.

It's me again mathilda
(08-07-2019, 06:48 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:
Quote:What would a random visitor with no background knowledge make of this post?

Fyi, im not bickering in an intro thread, i just was polite and stated a fact. As a random visitor i would wonder what everyone else is bickering about, probably starting with youDeadpan Coffee Drinker

This is his intro thread, and thats all i am gonna say here.  

Over and out

same as my intro to AF 6 years ago, same as my intro to CF.com 5 years before that. and every other atheist website google has paired me with. Same name same flower same intro same purpose. Why? because in the beginning I had 15 years of intense study under my belt and as much in the real world experience dealing with the hurting poor and afflicted. now add another 11 years with questions and demands only atheist could come up with. From richard carrier to crowder,voiture, epicurius to things like the annotated bible, and almighty science her self. I have been through is and answered all of it even if it was not liked or accepted through the power and grace of God.

So yeah.. i might have a thing or two to share.

It's me again mathilda
(08-07-2019, 07:09 AM)Mathilda Wrote: Welcome to the forum Drich.
thank you again for pointing me in the right direction and giving me a chance. i know we have had our fair share of hot button topics
The following 1 user Likes Drich's post:
  • Mathilda

It's me again mathilda
(08-07-2019, 07:21 AM)OakTree500 Wrote: Welcome aboard duder!

you know rick is really future morty right?
  • OakTree500

It's me again mathilda
(08-07-2019, 09:09 AM)SYZ Wrote: G'day mate, and welcome to the forum.              Sun

howdee doo sport! (im using it in its proper context ) thanks for the welcome!
  • SYZ

It's me again mathilda
(08-07-2019, 10:38 AM)Chas Wrote: Why do you bother?  Huh 
Your religious proselytizing has not gained you any converts and your opinions will garner little or no respect here.

It is obvious that you are a troll.  Just look at the title of your post - it is intentionally provocative.

aweeman that hurt chaz I thought me and you could be buddies again.. I know you don't like the jesus, but i was hoping to hear some of the sagely wisdom you use to bring to the threads..

I'm glad to see you decided against those hair plugs, (i know they say it looks natural but the hair color does not change so it looks bad when you go grey® too bad the shampoo didn't work either..) 

I will keep the jesus'n on a leash when you are around so as to not make your head hot (bad for growth) but one things for sure you do have a most awesome and righteous beard. best beard on the web site and that includes better than my own!

If you don't mind I want to take your avatar shot to my barber and tell him to make my beard look like that!

It's me again mathilda
(08-07-2019, 10:50 AM)Mathilda Wrote:
(08-07-2019, 10:38 AM)Chas Wrote: Just look at the title of your post - it is intentionally provocative.

Ah that's because there was a problem getting registered  girl blushing

Entirely my fault that one.

Actually it was way better than my original, thanks for making me rewrite it i knew I could do better!

(beside who has anything against ray stephens? how is he provockative? unless you call streaking provocative..)

It's me again mathilda
(08-07-2019, 01:24 PM)Dānu Wrote: [Image: choppa-predator.gif]

is this jorge?

Is your name danu? I'm dan too!

It's me again mathilda
(08-07-2019, 01:27 PM)adey67 Wrote: Shock Weeping Weeping Weeping Weeping Weeping Weeping Weeping Weeping Weeping

I don't know who you are, but I guess you know me?!?!?

It's me again mathilda
(08-07-2019, 05:31 PM)Mathilda Wrote: I didn't say you would get bored. Just that I am assuming some of the other Christians from AF did. But I could be wrong.

Your right they could have died i guess.

I should hope though they weathered their season in the forge strengthing what they believe and have moved on to whatever God would have them do.

For me it seems I've got a little more to do.

It's me again mathilda
(08-07-2019, 05:35 PM)Drich Wrote:
(08-07-2019, 12:12 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(08-06-2019, 11:16 PM)Inkubus Wrote: Or they may take an instant dislike to the dirty trick that is well poisoning and hit the back button.

It's not a dirty trick when there's a track-record. Drich has poisoned his own well to anyone who knows him. A n00b can backspace as they wish, or ask why. It's not my problem.

well well well.
We where on well water till literally yesterday.. what a huge difference one day and a water softener can make.

or you can just keep returning to the old well rather than drink from the treated water..

(08-07-2019, 05:45 PM)Drich Wrote: well that's the thing I'd say a great number of people don't have bad experiences with me. I do generate alot of likes and followers when dealt with honestly and fairly. I often time simply reflect what or who it is you bring to the discussion.

It's an intro thread. I can't say any more without breaking the rules here.

Suffice it to say your last chance with me was loooong in the past.

Buh-bye.
On hiatus.

It's me again mathilda
(08-07-2019, 05:24 PM)Drich Wrote:
(08-06-2019, 11:08 PM)julep Wrote: Good luck, sport.  I’m sure you will have fun while you’re here, however long that turns out to be.

Thanks fruit cup!

Math says i will get bored, because the peeps here don't like talking to people who may or may not be awesome sauce when it comes to talk about some jesus.. and Deessee seems to be proving her right already..

Plus your neg rep and I don't even know who you are/where.
Neutral is not negative.
god, ugh
The following 2 users Like julep's post:
  • Dom, Szuchow

It's me again mathilda
(08-07-2019, 05:07 PM)Drich Wrote:
(08-06-2019, 09:00 PM)Alan V Wrote: "Bio: been answering questions about God and the bible on line since 2008. Primary focus is with atheists and providing them with the truth and providing clarity so they can make informed decisions about God."

got a feeling we will be nice friends since we share so much in common already!

And I have a feeling you will be so ironic that I won't know when to take you seriously.

(08-07-2019, 05:32 PM)Drich Wrote: Just making sure you have the right information.

Many even say I am the best tool atheism has against the church, and to a point that can be said, because I rightly divide religion and tradition from what the bible says. Most of you don't even know 2/3 of your beliefs are not even bible based. i bet your whole foundational understanding of what christian is (A freewill/ morality based religion) is incorrect.. In fact the bible says nothing about any of that.. again all tradition and religion. but that is a discussion for another time.

I like accuracy, but I'm not confident you will always have the last say on it.

Religion, tradition, and the Bible are all interesting subjects in themselves, and I don't mind that you try to keep them separate.  However, all are critiqued by atheists, so I wouldn't count on you scoring many points because we are critiquing one thing when you say it's another category.  They all fall under religious beliefs of various sorts.

But as you say, that's another discussion.
The following 1 user Likes Alan V's post:
  • Drich

It's me again mathilda
(08-06-2019, 10:59 PM)Inkubus Wrote:
(08-06-2019, 09:13 PM)Deesse23 Wrote: Welcome... To my ignore list

What would a random visitor with no background knowledge make of this post?

Lots of history here, most best forgotten.  Confused
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce

It's me again mathilda
(08-07-2019, 06:54 PM)julep Wrote: Neutral is not negative.

Matthew 12:30 Angel2
“We drift down time, clutching at straws. But what good's a brick to a drowning man?” 
The following 1 user Likes Vera's post:
  • julep

It's me again mathilda
(08-07-2019, 06:53 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(08-07-2019, 05:35 PM)Drich Wrote:
(08-07-2019, 12:12 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: It's not a dirty trick when there's a track-record. Drich has poisoned his own well to anyone who knows him. A n00b can backspace as they wish, or ask why. It's not my problem.

well well well.
We where on well water till literally yesterday.. what a huge difference one day and a water softener can make.

or you can just keep returning to the old well rather than drink from the treated water..

(08-07-2019, 05:45 PM)Drich Wrote: well that's the thing I'd say a great number of people don't have bad experiences with me. I do generate alot of likes and followers when dealt with honestly and fairly. I often time simply reflect what or who it is you bring to the discussion.

It's an intro thread. I can't say any more without breaking the rules here.

Suffice it to say your last chance with me was loooong in the past.

Buh-bye.

Weeping say it aint so thump.. I might even be willing to vote for a democrat (local election sanitation director)

It's me again mathilda
(08-07-2019, 08:31 PM)Vera Wrote:

Matthew 12:30  Angel2

thankfully we have a life time to decide.

It's me again mathilda
(08-07-2019, 06:09 PM)Drich Wrote: I don't know who you are, but I guess you know me?!?!?

You're a talking sunflower, right?   Sun
The following 1 user Likes Alan V's post:
  • Drich

It's me again mathilda
[Image: giphy.gif]

Or is this what passes for humour in Xtianland? Consider
“We drift down time, clutching at straws. But what good's a brick to a drowning man?” 

It's me again mathilda
(08-07-2019, 08:31 PM)Vera Wrote:

Matthew 12:30  Angel2

Ole Matty had a hard time getting his Babble quotes right. 
He's quoting (incorrectly) .... Isaiah 42:3 :
"A bruised reed he will not break, and a smoldering wick he will not snuff out. In faithfulness he will bring forth justice;"

Just like he screwed up in his misquote of Jeremiah. 
"Why does Matthew quote the wrong prophet? When Matthew indicates that Judas betrayed Jesus for thirty pieces of silver, he notes (as by now we expect of him) that this was in fulfillment of Scripture: “Then was fulfilled what had been spoken through the prophet Jeremiah, ‘And they took the thirty pieces of silver…and they gave them for the potter’s field” (Matthew 27:9-10). The problem is that this prophecy is not found in Jeremiah. It appears to be a loose quotation of Zechariah 11:3.” [Bart Ehrman, Jesus, Interrupted: Revealing The Hidden Contradictions In The Bible (And Why We Don’t Know About Them). New York: HarperCollins, 2009, pp. 50-51]

Matthew is the disciple chosen by Jesus who was formerly a tax collector (what I’d call an ancient-day IRS employee), but he was consumed with Jesus fulfilling the Old Testament Scriptures. At every chance he got, he never failed to let his Gospel readers know that Jesus’ action “was to fulfill the words of the prophet” (Matthew 1:22-23; 2:15, 23; 4:14-16).

No one who has ANY intellectual honesty can "decide" to do or believe anything they fundamentally believe is not true. The main-line religious communities acknowledge that. It's only Fundamentalists that promote intellectual dishonesty. 
Test

It's me again mathilda
(08-07-2019, 05:20 PM)Drich Wrote:
(08-06-2019, 11:05 PM)Inkubus Wrote:
(08-06-2019, 07:37 PM)Drich Wrote: Look up ray stevens is you didn't get that.

Anyway I was a member before the destruction of the old website, and been at AF.org since. was told of the reboot/grandreopening of this one and well here I am.

New website new people and opportunities!

Hay Drich how's it chillin?

May the R134a be with you.

you know they stopped making r134a it is now 1234 yf seriously..

Despite that like a villain on penicillin reading a Mcmillan (textbooks publisher) with my good friend Dillion in a pavillion.. Thumbs Up

[Image: statue-in-the-jardin-des-tuileries-paris...B8052N.jpg]

It's me again mathilda
(08-07-2019, 08:39 PM)Alan V Wrote:
(08-07-2019, 06:09 PM)Drich Wrote: I don't know who you are, but I guess you know me?!?!?

You're a talking sunflower, right?   Sun

Took that pic on one of my darkest days.. that one grew taller than the house we lived in at the time.
  • Alan V