Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Banned Commentary Thread

Banned Commentary Thread
(07-06-2019, 05:23 PM)Vera Wrote:
(07-06-2019, 02:21 AM)Dancefortwo Wrote:
(07-05-2019, 03:55 AM)Phaedrus Wrote: I have not had much interaction with him, but the pattern does seem to be that he only posts when he has been drinking.

I saw the wall of "TROLL" text and decided to go elsewhere.  On the plus side it was easy to read....kinda repetative, but easy to read.

The walls of inanities does scream Earfuck but rape comments (if there were such)... who was the bozo who kept telling me I sound like a rape victim and was banned (apparently he's left such an impression I can't for the life of me remember his name... like, not a clue  Dunno )

Hehe, I remember that, but also forgot his name.  Tongue
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 1 user Likes Dom's post:
  • Vera

Banned Commentary Thread
(07-06-2019, 05:44 PM)Dom Wrote: Hehe, I remember that, but also forgot his name.  Tongue

So weird! He was a racist too, I think... might or might not have been a teacher or am i thinking of someone else...

Fuck it, I'll go the TFTSNBN archive Snoopy saved and look him up!
“We drift down time, clutching at straws. But what good's a brick to a drowning man?” 

Banned Commentary Thread
Interesting that Nogba would come back to apologize for anything, even if only to flaunt the single account rule. Did he ever admit/gloat that he was a straight up troll? I wonder what he did in particular to get banned other than being a trolly troll trolling in a no-troll zone.
"Talk nonsense, but talk your own nonsense, and I'll kiss you for it. To go wrong in one's own way is better than to go right in someone else's. 
F. D.

Banned Commentary Thread
(07-15-2019, 10:17 PM)Mark Wrote: Interesting that Nogba would come back to apologize for anything, even if only to flaunt the single account rule.  Did he ever admit/gloat that he was a straight up troll?  I wonder what he did in particular to get banned other than being a trolly troll trolling in a no-troll zone.

That's the weird thing, he didn't get banned, his account is open. I did ban the sock account...
The following 3 users Like Dom's post:
  • brewerb, Thumpalumpacus, Mark

Banned Commentary Thread
(07-15-2019, 10:41 PM)Dom Wrote:
(07-15-2019, 10:17 PM)Mark Wrote: Interesting that Nogba would come back to apologize for anything, even if only to flaunt the single account rule.  Did he ever admit/gloat that he was a straight up troll?  I wonder what he did in particular to get banned other than being a trolly troll trolling in a no-troll zone.

That's the weird thing, he didn't get banned, his account is open. I did ban the sock account...

If he's working enough different forums he may have forgot his password.
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 
The following 2 users Like brewerb's post:
  • Dom, Thumpalumpacus

Banned Commentary Thread
Huh?   What_I_Miss

He was banned?  I posted one thing on that thread. He was just another tiresome theist making the usual theistic claims with no evidence,  so I went elsewhere.
                                                         T4618

Banned Commentary Thread
(07-16-2019, 02:37 AM)Dancefortwo Wrote: Huh?   What_I_Miss

He was banned?  I posted one thing on that thread. He was just another tiresome theist making the usual theistic claims with no evidence,  so I went elsewhere.

I didn't read it all but the guy was pretty unintelligible, only partly because of the language issue.  I also made one post and am not particularly disappointed not to have gotten a response.  I actually enjoy talking to intelligent believers, but this wasn't one of them.
"Talk nonsense, but talk your own nonsense, and I'll kiss you for it. To go wrong in one's own way is better than to go right in someone else's. 
F. D.

Banned Commentary Thread

He wasn't banned. He started making socks and the socks were banned. His actual account is still fine.

Banned Commentary Thread
(07-16-2019, 02:58 AM)Dom Wrote:

He wasn't banned. He started making socks and the socks were banned. His actual account is still fine.

This is the second site that I have been a member of that tolerated people making socks and the original member not getting banned. I don't count TFTSNBN for the Marine helicopter pilot guy making a sock, because he said he was going to do it, ahead of time. Moms was pretty lenient, in that case. Still, isn't it right there in the rules and regs that establishing a sock account was sufficient to get you kicked out forever?  Huh

The other site had a "person" who was so offensive that almost everyone had the turd on ignore. He doxxed a mod and had a sock account but still didn't get banned. Maybe I just don't understand some sorts of tolerance.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.

Banned Commentary Thread
I agree that any member who creates a secondary account—which is
subsequently banned—should also have their original account banned.
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 1 user Likes SYZ's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus

Banned Commentary Thread
Hehe, I never thought I would be called out for not being strict enough!  Old Lady

There is a scenario where he lost his password and for some reason can't retrieve it. Many have started socks for that reason, but usually their original post as sock reads: "Help. I forgot my password!" Mods deal with it then behind the scenes and the sock's first post is never approved to be public.

So there is one scenario where we don't swoop in on sock creators. I gave him the chance to find his password or address us in a post. It is still possible that he doesn't know how message boards work in that regard. As the situation stands, he hasn't logged into his original account and he obviously wanted to continue the conversation. So, I am still guessing he lost his password.
The following 2 users Like Dom's post:
  • Alan V, julep

Banned Commentary Thread
OK, I can see that as a case. Guess I missed that part.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
The following 1 user Likes Fireball's post:
  • Dom