Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvel movie discrepancy

Marvel movie discrepancy
I'm watching Dark Phoenix and Xavier introduces himself to Jean after her parents have died.

But in a previous movie, X-Men: The Last Stand, Xavier and Magneto visit Jean at her parent's house.

Facepalm

Marvel movie discrepancy
(06-26-2019, 06:28 AM)Phaedrus Wrote: I'm watching Dark Phoenix and Xavier introduces himself to Jean after her parents have died.

But in a previous movie, X-Men: The Last Stand, Xavier and Magneto visit Jean at her parent's house.

Facepalm
To be fair, X-men have THE WORST case of this, mainly due to varying timelines and that some things were "easter eggs" that then later didn't get thought about in other movies.

For example: Dark Phoenix is set in the "New" timeline, post Days of future past's change. The explanation seems to be that, for some reason, this has completely re-written a lot of events; births/deaths/events, to what you see now.

In other movies however:

Xmen2 has a cameo from "Hank Mccoy" on a TV screen. This is the character "Beast". He is in full Human form and talking about mutant rights. However, Beast also shows up in Xmen3, and is in full "best mode" permanently. This is because it was designed as a little nod/wink for fans, but then later played out to needing him in the third movie.

Angel is in X-men3 in his 20's, set roughly "in the late 2000's" in the old timeline, yet he is also in X-Men Apocalypse [in the 'new' timeline] around the same age in the 1980's. 

Bolivar Trask is in X-men 3 and is a 6ft black dude. He also appears in Days of Future past as a White male Dwarf, which can be argued is both the current and 'new' timeline as events had not "changed" yet.

XMen Origins Wolverine is set in 1979, and features a Patrick Stewart Cameo, where he is walking + bald. Yet in the events of DOFP, set in 1975, he has long hair [which he loses in Apocalypse] and is wheelchair bound by the end of that movie

And so on and so forth...

X-Men is [or was] not "marvel", as in made by them. They were done by Fox who are TEEEEERRRIBLE at this stuff. In saying that Xmen 1 + 2, The Wolverine, First Class and Days of Future Past are good. The others....not so much. 

Fox's Movie division is now owned by Disney, who has secured the rights to X-men, Fantastic Four and a few other things Fox purchased off them many years ago, so I'll patiantly await them to reboot it and do a good job.
The following 1 user Likes OakTree500's post:
  • Phaedrus

Marvel movie discrepancy
"Yee know not your plot from a hole in the ground."
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Phaedrus

Marvel movie discrepancy
For the X-verse, somebody on a podcast I listen too once said: "If you pretend every single one is in a different universe than the last one, it's fine"
The following 2 users Like OakTree500's post:
  • Phaedrus, Gawdzilla Sama

Marvel movie discrepancy
Yep. Judging a movie by where it "fits" in canon is (rabid) fan tyranny.
  • Phaedrus

Marvel movie discrepancy
(06-26-2019, 10:21 AM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Yep. Judging a movie by where it "fits" in canon is (rabid) fan tyranny.

I agree.  It is too much to expect from a comic book.  Save it for GoT.
"Talk nonsense, but talk your own nonsense, and I'll kiss you for it. To go wrong in one's own way is better than to go right in someone else's. 
F. D.
The following 1 user Likes Mark's post:
  • Gawdzilla Sama

Marvel movie discrepancy
They have various timelines going at any one time anyway, so "you pick 'em" rules.
  • Mark

Marvel movie discrepancy
Yep, no argument here.
"Talk nonsense, but talk your own nonsense, and I'll kiss you for it. To go wrong in one's own way is better than to go right in someone else's. 
F. D.

Marvel movie discrepancy
Did some random person pick up Thor's hammer again?
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 

Marvel movie discrepancy
(06-26-2019, 03:41 PM)brewerb Wrote: Did some random person pick up Thor's hammer again?

He wasn't some random dude! He was the most boring person on Earth!

Marvel movie discrepancy
(06-26-2019, 03:51 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(06-26-2019, 03:41 PM)brewerb Wrote: Did some random person pick up Thor's hammer again?

The Demonic Dentist?
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 

Marvel movie discrepancy
(06-26-2019, 04:07 PM)brewerb Wrote:
(06-26-2019, 03:51 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:

The Demonic Dentist?

Never heard of him.