Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things that drive you nuts.

I can't do word association tests.

"Tree"

"Maple, grain, varnish, squirrel, coconuts".
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • pablo

(06-19-2019, 08:10 AM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: I can't do word association tests.

"Tree"

Wow, GS. Sounds like you really have the hots for your mother.

Show ContentSpoiler:

For me, small talk. I hate it. I don't give a shit about the weather. Why does so much weather discussion need to go on? If you want to talk to me about something other than the weather, why bring up the weather first?
The following 5 users Like vulcanlogician's post:
  • Fireball, Alan V, TheGentlemanBastard, GenesisNemesis, Tartarus Sauce

Lovely weather we're having today, hey?
The following 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post:
  • Vera

(06-19-2019, 08:22 AM)vulcanlogician Wrote:

"Tree"

Show ContentSpoiler:

For me, small talk. I hate it. I don't give a shit about the weather. Why does so much weather discussion need to go on? If you want to talk to me about something other than the weather, why bring up the weather first?

Mom was butt ugly.

But
(06-19-2019, 08:43 AM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:

"Tree"

Show ContentSpoiler:

Mom was butt ugly.

Yeah that explains a lot about me too.
"Talk nonsense, but talk your own nonsense, and I'll kiss you for it. To go wrong in one's own way is better than to go right in someone else's. 
F. D.
The following 1 user Likes Mark's post:
  • Gawdzilla Sama

Misplaced apostrophe’s.  

Restaurants that put nasty dressings/mayonnaise/yogurt/sour cream, etc., on menu items without noting that practice.  

Musicians who won’t shut the fuck up when the conductor is talking.  It only makes the conductor go on for longer, people!

Julie.
god, ugh
The following 5 users Like julep's post:
  • Vera, Mark, Jenny, GenesisNemesis, Marozz

When I was in the Navy I used to get food at the Enlisted Club at the base in Sicily. The cook put mayo on everything. I finally got fed up with that and they had to call the Shore Patrol on me. Bad news for them, two of the SPs were allergic to eggs and couldn't eat there. The vigaro hit the mixmaster and the guy was instructed to listen to the customers.
The following 1 user Likes Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • julep

People throwing their trash in our alley.

People blocking the rows in the grocery store.

Aggressive ignorance.

Shameless lying.

Crowds in general.
The following 7 users Like Alan V's post:
  • Mark, GenesisNemesis, Unsapien, mordant, Old Man Marsh, vulcanlogician, M.Linoge

Incurious people drive me nuts.  Those who have no interest outside of their little world are beyond my comprehension.  Who, what, why, when, where and how don't enter their brains.   "Hummm, I wonder...."  Consider   isn't the emoji for these people.
                                                         T4618
The following 3 users Like Dancefortwo's post:
  • jerry mcmasters, GenesisNemesis, Szuchow

Improper tube squeezing. (yes wife, I'm looking at you)

People who are chronically late.
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 
The following 4 users Like brewerb's post:
  • Jenny, Alan V, Unsapien, outtathereligioncloset

Musicians who can't groove. One reason my partner and I are doing a number of his songs, rather than mine or more good covers, is that his sense of time is not good on material outside his wheelhouse. All you have to do is count 1-2-3-4, y'know? C'mon now. Buy a metronome and do your homework already.

People who drive below the speed limit in the fast lane. If you're not even going to hit the speed limit, get your ass to the right.

And also on the topic of driving, people who get on the freeway doing 30 mph. If you want to die, that's your business. You don't have the right to get me killed just because I'm behind you, though.
On hiatus.
The following 7 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • julep, Mark, Alan V, skyking, Marozz, Unsapien, Deesse23

People who come off as entitled.
The following 5 users Like Jenny's post:
  • brewerb, GenesisNemesis, Thumpalumpacus, Old Man Marsh, outtathereligioncloset

(06-19-2019, 08:17 PM)Jenny Wrote: People who come off as entitled.

^^^ This soooooooo much.

(you owe me now)
The following 3 users Like brewerb's post:
  • Jenny, Fireball, Old Man Marsh

(06-19-2019, 08:25 AM)Phaedrus Wrote: Lovely weather we're having today, hey?

I kind of wanted to make a thread about it.
Is this sig thing on?

People who don't even say hello when they approach me with an offer of help, and when I refuse, they keep on at it. Even asking me my address because their iat is parked just a few yards away.

People who respond to my "hello" with "do you need help?" or "do you believe in God?", and not a "Hi, there" or "good afternoon" or whatever else.

Really, really talkative people who have a hushed voice.

My caffeine sensitivity. I like energy drinks, but for the taste, not the energy. Panic

I'm 43 and graying like crazy. I am also in plaid and slacks. Do I really look like my name is "bro?" Mind your superlatives if you don't know a person.
Is this sig thing on?
The following 5 users Like c172's post:
  • Gwaithmir, skyking, Dānu, Unsapien, Old Man Marsh

My sister has a habit of humming or singing show tunes during our weekly Mahjong games, which really gets on my nerves. I usually have to tell her to knock it off, but she'll do it again the following week.  Hmm
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)
The following 2 users Like Gwaithmir's post:
  • Alan V, Unsapien

A couple of days ago, I had finished doing an intense workout outside.  As I was beginning my cool down by walking around,  a man came up to me and started talking about what I did during my workout and about how he is training for some kind of cross fit competition; he also remarked that I was out of shape because I was very sweaty and breathing hard (he also kept drilling me about how old I was but I decided not to tell him; I don't ask people about their age and appreciate it when people reciprocate).  The problem with me talking with him is that I was exhausted and my focus was on recovering from my workout, not talking.  I definitely found this experience to be irritating, but I don't think the man meant any harm by it.
The following 1 user Likes Kernel Sohcahtoa's post:
  • Jenny

Air Ratchets.

(there always has to be one asshat)
The following 2 users Like brewerb's post:
  • Gawdzilla Sama, Fireball

You are so nice, kernel. He had earned a " step right along" from me.
The following 2 users Like skyking's post:
  • Gawdzilla Sama, Jenny

"Tree"

Show ContentSpoiler:

So...how about those [insert local sports team]?
The following 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post:
  • Gawdzilla Sama

People who complain about political correctness but actually only want their own political correctness.
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” -Carl Sagan.
The following 7 users Like GenesisNemesis's post:
  • Tartarus Sauce, Gawdzilla Sama, julep, Fireball, Unsapien, Old Man Marsh, Jenny

(06-20-2019, 03:03 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote: People who complain about political correctness but actually only want their own political correctness.

"Give me my freeze peach, but ban black men from kneeling on the football field and prohibit people from burning the American flag."
[Image: giphy.gif]

(06-20-2019, 03:40 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:
(06-20-2019, 03:03 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote: People who complain about political correctness but actually only want their own political correctness.

"Give me my freeze peach, but ban black men from kneeling on the football field and prohibit people from burning the American flag."

And "freeze peach is the most important thing but we support a president who wants to screw with the first amendment"
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” -Carl Sagan.
The following 2 users Like GenesisNemesis's post:
  • Tartarus Sauce, Gawdzilla Sama

Anti-SJW: "Everybody needs to stop being so politically correct and stop handing out participation trophies to people!"

Also Anti-SJW: Gets politically correct over calling people out for blatant racism while defending participation trophies for treasonous, secessionist losers.
[Image: giphy.gif]
The following 2 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Gawdzilla Sama

People who complain about political correctness are often just wanting to be able to slur other people again.
The following 2 users Like Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Gwaithmir