Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Witcher (tv series)

The Witcher (tv series)
I've only ever played Witcher 3, but I enjoyed it.

When the television show comes to Netflix, I'll give it a watch.

Quote:Geralt of Rivia, a solitary monster hunter, struggles to find his place in a world where people often prove more wicked than beasts.

Also, Henry Cavill makes a sexy Witcher.
[Image: sec_37751568-0ef2.jpg?quality=90&strip=a...C338&ssl=1]
[Image: henry-cavill-hair-the-witcher-netflix-1541016849.jpg]

The release date is 2019, supposedly, but there's still no set date.
The following 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

The Witcher (tv series)
Aha I'm waiting for it but Cavill as Witcher isn't what I deem good choice.
There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.

Socrates.

The Witcher (tv series)
Fans of the game will love the series

Quote:Netflix’s The Witcher is specifically an adaptation of Andrzej Sapkowski’s books and not the CD Projekt Red video games. Lauren Schmidt Hissrich, however, who’s written both The Umbrella Academy and Daredevil for the streaming giant and is the series’ executive producer has promised that fans of the games will still find plenty to love in this episodic representation of the stories and characters.

While we already knew the series would remain faithful to the original source material, this is great news for fans of the games, an audience that’s likely larger than those whose entry point into this universe were the books. And so far, everything we’ve seen of the upcoming adaptation truly does look fantastic.

The Witcher (tv series)
Official trailer:

[Image: safe_image.php?d=AQB6LuYiESuXpFRZ&w=540&...PrxQjaSHRe]

The Witcher (tv series)
Scut Farkus all grown up?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRXojBsKcuSflMfgV3DiNg...gTktEtxw&s]
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 
The following 1 user Likes brewerb's post:
  • Phaedrus

The Witcher (tv series)
It is now available on Netflix.

The Witcher (tv series)
Just finished part one of the RPG game series. Never seen a game in which you were able to bang so many chicks from simple townsfolk to: Druids, Witches, Elves and Vampires.....yes fucking Vampires....or is it fucking fucking Vampires? girl blushing . Oh, sorry, i forgot the queen cursed to be a Strigoi. Girl_yes2

How do i know? Dont ask.... Modest
R.I.P. Hannes
The following 3 users Like Deesse23's post:
  • Phaedrus, Szuchow, GenesisNemesis

The Witcher (tv series)
(12-20-2019, 12:54 PM)Deesse23 Wrote: Just finished part one of the RPG game series. Never seen a game in which you were able to bang so many chicks from simple townsfolk to: Druids, Witches, Elves and Vampires.....yes fucking Vampires....or is it fucking fucking Vampires? girl blushing . Oh, sorry, i forgot the queen cursed to be a Strigoi. Girl_yes2

Wasn't it based on a story of revenge about the dead wife of the main character or am I confusing this story with that of another game?

The Witcher (tv series)
(12-22-2019, 05:54 AM)epronovost Wrote:
(12-20-2019, 12:54 PM)Deesse23 Wrote: Just finished part one of the RPG game series. Never seen a game in which you were able to bang so many chicks from simple townsfolk to: Druids, Witches, Elves and Vampires.....yes fucking Vampires....or is it fucking fucking Vampires? girl blushing . Oh, sorry, i forgot the queen cursed to be a Strigoi. Girl_yes2

Wasn't it based on a story of revenge about the dead wife of the main character or am I confusing this story with that of another game?

Nope

Its about a mutated character, who is devoid of emotions (a common theme), and is educated to be a demon/witch/whatever hunter. Its a series of books from a polish(?) author *looks at comrade cat* and iirc there is a (polish?) TV series about it.
R.I.P. Hannes

The Witcher (tv series)

Ooops, sorry, i forgot one thing: Hookers!

After finishing a quest you even get free-fucks-for-life granted from the top-hooker. You can show around your token and any hoker will serve you for free. The boss hooker (Carmen), by the way, is engaged to the boss of the town guard, who is a werewulf* in return (the only one in the game).

Hey, werewulf....yeah, you cant fuck werewulfs in this game. Damn this game sucks. ROFL2

*heres the kicker: his dubbing voice is the one for House M.D. Dance
R.I.P. Hannes

The Witcher (tv series)
(12-22-2019, 07:56 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:
(12-22-2019, 05:54 AM)epronovost Wrote:

Nope

Its about a mutated character, who is devoid of emotions (a common theme), and is educated to be a demon/witch/whatever hunter. Its a series of books from a polish(?) author *looks at comrade cat* and iirc there is a (polish?) TV series about it.

Yes it started with series of books by Andrzej Sapkowski, then there was crappy tv series and now Netflix made another series which too does not look good.
There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.

Socrates.
The following 1 user Likes Szuchow's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

The Witcher (tv series)
Nobody complaining about the CGI yet?
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]

The Witcher (tv series)
Started watching the first episode, and there's already female nudity within the first ten minutes. xD

The Witcher (tv series)
(12-24-2019, 10:54 AM)Phaedrus Wrote: Started watching the first episode, and there's already female nudity within the first ten minutes. xD

My guess: You are binge-watching now. Winking
R.I.P. Hannes

The Witcher (tv series)
I only ever played the Witcher III game, so watching this series is teaching me a great deal about these characters I simply didn't know.

The Witcher (tv series)
(12-24-2019, 12:37 PM)Phaedrus Wrote: I only ever played the Witcher III game, so watching this series is teaching me a great deal about these characters I simply didn't know.

Is the game any good? I was torn a bit on the first part, because of lack of weapons and armor.
R.I.P. Hannes

The Witcher (tv series)
(12-24-2019, 12:50 PM)Deesse23 Wrote: Is the game any good? I was torn a bit on the first part, because of lack of weapons and armor.

It is a really good game. I have an even better appreciation for it now that I'm watching the series. In fact, I might just replay it.
The following 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

The Witcher (tv series)
There's already going to be a second season, but according to imdb it will not be available until 2021.

The Witcher (tv series)
Yeah, does look like there's a few post-production things to be done.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]

The Witcher (tv series)
Watching this series, it's obvious it takes place well before the Witcher III game.

I pretty much know Ciri's and the bard's past, but I didn't know that Yennefer was deformed. I suppose she uses magic to hide that fact. I also wasn't aware that she was part elf.

The Witcher (tv series)
(Disclaimer, I've only played the first 35 hours of The Witcher 3, so I'm not heavily invested in the series per se, but I did enjoy TW3 a lot). Wasn't particularly impressed with the first episode, but that's partly because I'm tired of various tropes, including the whole "main character is destined to save the world" thing. Hard to care about that when it's already been done countless times. If I don't care about that aspect then I'm not sure I could enjoy the show.
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” -Carl Sagan.
The following 2 users Like GenesisNemesis's post:
  • Szuchow, Phaedrus

The Witcher (tv series)
Yennefer's transformation = amazing. What she went through, what she put herself through, the wonderful person she becomes makes so much more sense now.

The Witcher (tv series)
And I'm guessing the confusion surrounding Ciri has to do with her ability to travel through time.

Unless the show is depicting two distinct timelines, Geralt in the past and Ciri in the future, whereby Geralt will eventually meet up with Ciri via the natural passage of time.

The Witcher (tv series)
Royce Pierreson has a nice tushie.

The Witcher (tv series)
Finished the series, now to wait an entire year for the next season.