Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Graduated today

Graduated today
Congratulations! Smile
And kudos to you for graduating without any student loans.

-Teresa
There is in the universe only one true divide, one real binary, life and death. Either you are living or you are not. Everything else is molten, malleable.

-Susan Faludi, In the Darkroom
The following 1 user Likes Tres Leches's post:
  • Fireball

Graduated today
(05-20-2019, 11:59 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote: If you read my response

Why would I wanna do this?

[Image: giphy.gif]
“We drift down time, clutching at straws. But what good's a brick to a drowning man?” 
The following 1 user Likes Vera's post:
  • Tartarus Sauce

Graduated today
(05-21-2019, 03:16 AM)Vera Wrote:
(05-20-2019, 11:59 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote: If you read my response

Why would I wanna do this?

It's how ideas are communicated, do you want to live in a world where nobody can communicate ideas? What would have been the point of going to college in a world like that?

Plus, it can't be that big a detour from your daily stalking routine, anyway. Winking

Graduated today
(05-20-2019, 11:59 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:
(05-20-2019, 12:35 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(05-20-2019, 12:04 PM)brewerb Wrote: Future welcome to the heartland. Do not travel west by land. Nebraska is closed!

And drop down to St. Louis  if you start missing civilization.  Winking

St. Louis is considered part of civilization? When did this happen? Tongue

It was determined by people from Iowa. Homeland Security is looking into how they got into the US.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Tartarus Sauce

Graduated today
(05-20-2019, 03:06 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:
(05-19-2019, 11:09 PM)brewerb Wrote: Congrats!!!

What the degree in? 

(please not religious studies, please oh please oh please)

Lol what would be wrong with religious studies? It approaches the topic of religion from a sociological perspective, not a theological one. 

I majored in political science and minored in sociology.

You're going the wrong direction, geographically. All of us poli sci majors are in DC. Come thru.
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]

The following 1 user Likes Aegon's post:
  • Tartarus Sauce

Graduated today
(05-21-2019, 01:38 PM)Aegon Wrote:
(05-20-2019, 03:06 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:
(05-19-2019, 11:09 PM)brewerb Wrote: Congrats!!!

What the degree in? 

(please not religious studies, please oh please oh please)

Lol what would be wrong with religious studies? It approaches the topic of religion from a sociological perspective, not a theological one. 

You're going the wrong direction, geographically. All of us poli sci majors are in DC. Come thru.

I’d love to move back to the DC area at some point in my life, but I’d rather not compete in that job market right out of college. Plus, as somebody who is passionate about politics, this is actually the perfect time to move out to Iowa given that the primary season will be heating up soon.

Graduated today
(05-21-2019, 06:02 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:
(05-21-2019, 01:38 PM)Aegon Wrote:
(05-20-2019, 03:06 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote: Lol what would be wrong with religious studies? It approaches the topic of religion from a sociological perspective, not a theological one. 

I’d love to move back to the DC area at some point in my life, but I’d rather not compete in that job market right out of college. Plus, as somebody who is passionate about politics, this is actually the perfect time to move out to Iowa given that the primary season will be heating up soon.

Whatever floats your boat. It is insanely competitive, i'm lucky that my former internship had a job opening just as I decided to move here.

As long as you pick the right candidate to work for, you're on your way to being a White House staffer! If you pick the wrong one... I don't know, I guess you'll go bankrupt? Wink
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]