Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The wacky things people believe

Came across this gem someone posted in an FB group.

Quote:If you want to be smart at something, you should pick an area of interest that you have the potential to know and control your words, and also something you can be really good at. This post is about why I believe that science and technology are very poor choices.

If an intelligent alien race came and revealed themselves to our species, all of the leading science and technology professionals and academics would jump to the back of being far less intelligent than even the dumbest of the aliens.

I could probably get Sheldon Cooper to agree with me. He once said he would jump at the opportunity to be an extra terrestrial’s pet, because the learning opportunities would be tremendous (also he says he likes having his belly rubbed).

My areas of interest are rhetoric, religion and the human animal (human nature) which led to me knowing my self. I believe I would be a lot smarter than these theoretical aliens about what it means that we are human, unless they only came here to eat us... but either way, I believe they should think of me as a peer.

Really advanced aliens would probably use religious shitwits as lab specimens.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 3 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • Phaedrus, Jenny, Dancefortwo

That rap is music!
The following 4 users Like no one's post:
  • Gawdzilla Sama, Phaedrus, SYZ, Fireball

That setting fire to your handbag can encourage veneration of a god, or bless and
sanctify others, or act as a reminder of the "sweet-smelling presence of the Lord".

[Image: 20151102T0518-153-CNS-POPE-ALL-SAINTS.gif]
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 2 users Like SYZ's post:
  • Phaedrus, Fireball

Some of my cousins believe that cell phones give you brain cancer. I asked them how they knew this.

"I read it on Facebook."
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]
The following 3 users Like Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Phaedrus, GenesisNemesis, Tres Leches

Posted by someone on that FB group:

Quote:To say that women can never be responsible for being raped is to say that they are not intelligent enough to be held accountable for their own safety

Are you saying that they're not smart enough?

(05-11-2019, 12:27 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Some of my cousins believe that cell phones give you brain cancer. I asked them how they knew this.

"I read it on Facebook."

And people wonder how Putin interfered in the election!
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 2 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • mordant, brunumb

(05-11-2019, 05:19 AM)Phaedrus Wrote: Came across this gem someone posted in an FB group.

Quote:If you want to be smart at something, you should pick an area of interest that you have the potential to know and control your words, and also something you can be really good at. This post is about why I believe that science and technology are very poor choices.

If an intelligent alien race came and revealed themselves to our species, all of the leading science and technology professionals and academics would jump to the back of being far less intelligent than even the dumbest of the aliens.

I could probably get Sheldon Cooper to agree with me. He once said he would jump at the opportunity to be an extra terrestrial’s pet, because the learning opportunities would be tremendous (also he says he likes having his belly rubbed).

My areas of interest are rhetoric, religion and the human animal (human nature) which led to me knowing my self. I believe I would be a lot smarter than these theoretical aliens about what it means that we are human, unless they only came here to eat us... but either way, I believe they should think of me as a peer.

So basically this dimwit's life choices are dictated by the hope that and alien race comes along, and that if such thing happens said aliens will be more interested in the earthlings that are ignorant of science and technology.  There's a lot of implausability going on there.

(05-11-2019, 12:27 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Some of my cousins believe that cell phones give you brain cancer. I asked them how they knew this.

"I read it on Facebook."

QED, atheist cousin.
"Talk nonsense, but talk your own nonsense, and I'll kiss you for it. To go wrong in one's own way is better than to go right in someone else's. 
F. D.

(05-26-2019, 02:38 PM)Phaedrus Wrote: Posted by someone on that FB group:

Quote:To say that women can never be responsible for being raped is to say that they are not intelligent enough to be held accountable for their own safety

WTF?
"Talk nonsense, but talk your own nonsense, and I'll kiss you for it. To go wrong in one's own way is better than to go right in someone else's. 
F. D.
The following 1 user Likes Mark's post:
  • Fireball

(05-26-2019, 02:38 PM)Phaedrus Wrote: Posted by someone on that FB group:

Wow! That's literally one of the vilest things I've ever read. If ever someone needed castration that's that person (and I use the word person extremely loosely).
“We drift down time, clutching at straws. But what good's a brick to a drowning man?” 
The following 1 user Likes Vera's post:
  • Tres Leches

(05-27-2019, 03:50 AM)Vera Wrote: Wow! That's literally one of the vilest things I've ever read. If ever someone needed castration that's that person (and I use the word person extremely loosely).

Someone who knows him should take a screenshot and show it to his future girlfriend.
The following 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post:
  • Vera

(05-11-2019, 05:19 AM)Phaedrus Wrote: Came across this gem someone posted in an FB group.

I was going to say that a 12 year old probably came up with this word salad but that would be an insult to most 12 year olds.

-Teresa
There is in the universe only one true divide, one real binary, life and death. Either you are living or you are not. Everything else is molten, malleable.

-Susan Faludi, In the Darkroom
The following 2 users Like Tres Leches's post:
  • Phaedrus, Mark

(05-27-2019, 04:26 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:
(05-27-2019, 03:50 AM)Vera Wrote: Wow! That's literally one of the vilest things I've ever read. If ever someone needed castration that's that person (and I use the word person extremely loosely).

Someone who knows him should take a screenshot and show it to his future girlfriend.

He should have it tattooed to his forehead and be made to wear a scarlet "R" for rapist sympathizer.

-Teresa
There is in the universe only one true divide, one real binary, life and death. Either you are living or you are not. Everything else is molten, malleable.

-Susan Faludi, In the Darkroom
The following 1 user Likes Tres Leches's post:
  • Phaedrus

Quote:I have noticed how a lot of atheistic men here are so ashamed of their own gender.
They hate themselves for being men.
How did that happen? Did your daddies ignore you? Or did your mommas chop off your balls? Or maybe you were bullied at school for being gay?

The cringe these atheist "men" display is real. I have never noticed such low self-esteem in all my life and the many communities I know.
Which fuzzy flurry leftist hellhole do you lot hail from? Cali?

(05-11-2019, 05:30 AM)Minimalist Wrote: Really advanced aliens would probably use religious shitwits as lab specimens.

Surely earth is better for something more important than practicing their proctology?
F. D.
The following 2 users Like Mark's post:
  • Phaedrus, Fireball

[Image: jthm-2.jpg]
Don't mistake me for those nice folks from Give-A-Shit county.
The following 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post:
  • Phaedrus

That I have any fucks to give. [Image: Gagged.png]