Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky Derby 145

Kentucky Derby 145
Omaha Beach, the favorite, scratched due to breathing problems. 

https://www.kentuckyderby.com/
Is this sig thing on?

Kentucky Derby 145
(05-04-2019, 03:36 PM)c172 Wrote: Omaha Beach, the favorite, scratched due to breathing problems. 

https://www.kentuckyderby.com/

With the 75th anniversary of D-Day coming up that's just flat out funny.

Apologies to the horse
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]

Kentucky Derby 145
Country House wins after a DQ. 65-1.
Is this sig thing on?

Kentucky Derby 145
I thought that said Country Horse.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”

Kentucky Derby 145
I see Trump is not happy with the Kentucky Derby result. He blames political correctness for having the result overturned Tongue . I saw the race and Maximum Security did veer out at the the turn, hampering other horses in the process. A controversial but a correct decision.
The following 2 users Like Marozz's post:
  • jerry mcmasters, Bucky Ball

Kentucky Derby 145
(05-05-2019, 05:43 PM)Marozz Wrote: I see Trump is not happy with the Kentucky Derby result. He blames political correctness for having the result overturned Tongue . I saw the race and Maximum Security did veer out at the the turn, hampering other horses in the process. A controversial but a correct decision.

When it was being disputed I was thinking a disqualification would be the best thing that could happen to the derby, just to keep it in the news a bit and give it some buzz.
The following 2 users Like jerry mcmasters's post:
  • Marozz, c172

Kentucky Derby 145
Too bad we couldn't disqualify The Orange Shitgibbon for getting help from Tovarisch Vladmir!

Talk about being out of your lane!
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 1 user Likes Minimalist's post:
  • Dancefortwo

Kentucky Derby 145
(05-05-2019, 11:00 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:
(05-05-2019, 05:43 PM)Marozz Wrote: I see Trump is not happy with the Kentucky Derby result. He blames political correctness for having the result overturned Tongue . I saw the race and Maximum Security did veer out at the the turn, hampering other horses in the process. A controversial but a correct decision.

When it was being disputed I was thinking a disqualification would be the best thing that could happen to the derby, just to keep it in the news a bit and give it some buzz.

Yeah. It'll be interesting to see how this affects the other two TC races. Plus, it was just the right move (though I didn't realize it at first. All I saw was a vague encroachment that might have been the beginning of a breakdown...but it wasn't. But I was never aware of who encroached where, or how specifically).
Is this sig thing on?
The following 1 user Likes c172's post:
  • Bucky Ball

Kentucky Derby 145
(05-06-2019, 02:37 AM)Minimalist Wrote: Too bad we couldn't disqualify The Orange Shitgibbon for getting help from Tovarisch Vladmir!

Talk about being out of your lane!

Lol, ya know, I don't know who hates Fuckface McBoneSpurs more, you or I,  but I'll tell ya one thing... a horse in the White House would produce less shit than the Shitgibbon that occupies it presently.   Nod
                                                         T4618
The following 1 user Likes Dancefortwo's post:
  • Minimalist

Kentucky Derby 145
(05-06-2019, 02:52 AM)c172 Wrote:
(05-05-2019, 11:00 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:

Yeah. It'll be interesting to see how this affects the other two TC races. Plus, it was just the right move (though I didn't realize it at first. All I saw was a vague encroachment that might have been the beginning of a breakdown...but it wasn't. But I was never aware of who encroached where, or how specifically).

I think it was a correct call. The disqualified horse was on the rail, and did kind of veer right when the crowd roared at the quarter pole, on the turn, at end. He was frightened. The inexperienced jockey and the fact that they are all 3 year olds (pretty young, ... the jockey called the horse a "baby" ... "he's just a baby". 10 furlongs is too long for spring 3 years olds, (and the Belmont is even worse, ..  a mile and a half), .. abusive some say. I think it was a case of the failure of the jockey to control his horse. He wasn't expecting what happened. But it was also in part due to the fact that the size of a crowd and the big noise was new to all of them. Two years in a row of slop is ridiculous. There should be some provision that the race day is moved if it's raining. It's so dangerous to be running like that in the rain. One mis-step or accident and they all go down. Time for racing to change it's ways.
Test
The following 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post:
  • c172

Kentucky Derby 145
LOL... I always thought a "kentucky derby" was the cap the kids at KFC wore.
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.

Kentucky Derby 145
(05-06-2019, 08:37 AM)SYZ Wrote: LOL... I always thought a "kentucky derby" was the cap the kids at KFC wore.

The Colonel Frontier Drive-ins required cowboy hats.

[Image: 03ab9aca1d3e173007c85808755b5f8c.jpg]
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • SYZ

Kentucky Derby 145
yea hitting a horse half to death is sport