Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the best sandwich in the world?

What state?
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]

There was a deli next to my office and every Thursday he would make a roast turkey.  So you could get hot, roast turkey, with mayo, some gravy gravy and onion, on a hero roll for $5.  Today he'd probably have to charge $20 for the same thing but it was fantastic.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”

vera Wrote:I'm partial to something we call princess in Bulgarian, basically, minced meat on bread (with or without our traditional yellow cheese), in the oven. As luck would have it, I finally saw some prepackaged minced meat in the supermarket yesterday (when I went out for comfort food in the form of donuts... though I've only managed half a donut so far. They be full of chocolate, man!) and pounced, and duly made some princess sammiches today, accompanied by my homemade pico de gallo of sorts.
https://www.foxvalleyfoodie.com/loose-meat-sandwich/

Remind me of these. Loose meat sandwiches are similar to a Sloppy Joe, but without sauce.
Is this sig thing on?
The following 1 user Likes c172's post:
  • Dānu

I like taco sandwiches.

One jar of salsa.
One pound of lean ground sirloin.

Brown the meat. Add the salsa. Simmer for five minutes.

I put it on a hamburger bun with taco cheese, taco sauce, chopped onion, and lettuce.

I keep taco meat in the freezer, in half pound servings. Good on tortilla chips, etc., and taco salads.
The following 1 user Likes Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Dānu

(05-04-2019, 11:19 PM)Fireball Wrote: Went to a local...ish sporting goods store to get a scope with an adjustable objective lens for my rifle. Trying to shrink my groups a bit more. Without AO, I'm suspecting parallax is giving me some fits, since I'm not shooting where the objective lens is tuned for. 

While we were at that mall, my wife and I went to the "Lazy Dog" restaurant. I had a walnut chicken salad sandwich which was one of the best sandwiches I've eaten in a long time. Had that and a bowl of chicken tortilla soup. 10/10 would do it again.

We've got a Lazy Dog close enough to visit, but far enough to keep us out of bankruptcy. Everything I've tried from there has been amazing, but their fried deviled eggs... I've stopped there on the way home from eating 'til I'm about to burst at another restaurant, just to order those to go... for later.Drool
[Image: Bastard-Signature.jpg]

(05-04-2019, 11:41 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: What state?

California, but it appears that TGB has seen them in Colorado(?).
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.

(05-05-2019, 12:09 AM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: I like taco sandwiches.

One jar of salsa.
One pound of lean ground sirloin.

Brown the meat. Add the salsa. Simmer for five minutes.

I put it on a hamburger bun with taco cheese, taco sauce, chopped onion, and lettuce.

I keep taco meat in the freezer, in half pound servings. Good on tortilla chips, etc., and taco salads.

I worked at a place where we had a taco wagon stopped by about break time.  My favorite was sliced beef and salsa, served on a torta, a large soft bun, with pico de gallo and piles of shredded lettuce tomato and onion.  A kind of open faced sandwich of sorts.  Texmex food that was truly tasty.
I am a sovereign citizen of the Multiverse, and I vote!

(05-04-2019, 11:49 PM)Minimalist Wrote: There was a deli next to my office and every Thursday he would make a roast turkey.  So you could get hot, roast turkey, with mayo, some gravy and onion, on a hero roll for $5.  Today he'd probably have to charge $20 for the same thing but it was fantastic.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”

(05-05-2019, 01:06 AM)Fireball Wrote:

Yes, Colorful Colorado has a couple.

Here's a location map from their site:
[Image: map.png]
[Image: Bastard-Signature.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes TheGentlemanBastard's post:
  • Fireball

(05-05-2019, 01:06 AM)Fireball Wrote:

Illinois and Nevada, that I found on Google.

Check out the menu at Dogs n Frys, about a mile from me.

[Image: K68IuZT_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium]
Don't mistake me for those nice folks from Give-A-Shit county.

when the tomatoes are fresh out of the garden and sweet,
BLT!

anytime

Monte Christo
The following 2 users Like skyking's post:
  • c172, Gawdzilla Sama