Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pizza Thread

Pizza Thread
(05-02-2019, 12:24 AM)Fireball Wrote: Pizza Hut Meat Lover's pizza with crushed red pepper. But I haven't one in decades.  Huh I love hasenpfeffer too, but same deal- decades.

And what's with that vat of sauce they give you with spare ribs, anyway? I want to taste that sweet succulent meat, not some saucy adulterant. Best ribs I ever ate were at Longhorn's on Merritt Island in Florida. Literally melt off the bone tender. Dayam. And NO sauce, thankyouverymuch. Hmm. ribs for lunch tomorrow, if I live through my carving class.

...I don't think I've ever had ribs from a pizza place. Wings, but no ribs.
Don't mistake me for those nice folks from Give-A-Shit county.

Pizza Thread
We just had a large cheese tonight.  Neither of us care for over-engineered pizza.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 2 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus, Old Man Marsh

Pizza Thread
(05-02-2019, 01:05 AM)Minimalist Wrote: We just had a large cheese tonight.  Neither of us care for over-engineered pizza.

This -- when it comes to pizza, less is more.

Fuck you, Yngwie.
On hiatus.
The following 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Old Man Marsh

Pizza Thread
(05-02-2019, 12:38 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:
(05-02-2019, 12:24 AM)Fireball Wrote: Pizza Hut Meat Lover's pizza with crushed red pepper. But I haven't one in decades.  Huh I love hasenpfeffer too, but same deal- decades.

And what's with that vat of sauce they give you with spare ribs, anyway? I want to taste that sweet succulent meat, not some saucy adulterant. Best ribs I ever ate were at Longhorn's on Merritt Island in Florida. Literally melt off the bone tender. Dayam. And NO sauce, thankyouverymuch. Hmm. ribs for lunch tomorrow, if I live through my carving class.

...I don't think I've ever had ribs from a pizza place. Wings, but no ribs.

OK, lumped too much in there and changed restaurants mid post. Longhorn's is not a pizza place, it's a barbecue place.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
The following 1 user Likes Fireball's post:
  • Old Man Marsh

Pizza Thread
Found 1 pound packages of ground lamb at the store today and decided it's time to stock up on freezer pizzas. Naan, olive oil and a bit of Greek seasoning, sprinkling of cheese (cheddar and mozzarella this time), Greek seasoned lamb, onions, mushrooms, some sliced Anaheim peppers and more cheese on top. Four pizzas for $20 and minimal effort vs. four crappy Tombstones for $20. No-brainer to me. And, it only takes about a half pound of lamb so the next four I make will only be ~$14. Big Grin

I did pick up an actual freezer pizza today too. Detroit deep dish BBQ pulled pork with bacon and green onions. It's one of the very few freezer pizzas I'll buy so, of course, Kroger's going to quit carrying them. Angry
[Image: Bastard-Signature.jpg]
The following 3 users Like TheGentlemanBastard's post:
  • Old Man Marsh, Dānu, Thumpalumpacus

Pizza Thread
My favorite is sausage and anchovies, but I like all kinds, though I lean toward garbage pizzas. Everything has a purpose. I had a cheap 4 meat pizza that I slathered with hot sauce and jalapenos last night and it was very good. It all depends on what my needs are at the time. Last night, I just needed a quick bit of comfort food, and it was that. In the past I've ordered a lot of delivery pizza, but have eliminated that part of my budget in order to make ends meet. Frozen pizza is a poor second, but it's better than no pizza at all.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

Pizza Thread
When I was drinking hard as a young man I would get a small pizza, fold it over, and much it like a calzone. Good stuff.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Old Man Marsh