Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HTC Vive any good

HTC Vive any good
Hey all,

I am considering getting a HTC Vive
Disclaimer I have done a good amount of research, especially comparing the Occulus Rift and the HTC Vive.
And while both have their pros and cons, I am currently leaning towards the HTC Vive.
At 500$ I wanna make sure my potential investment is realllllly worth the money.

So I wanna ask the AD hive mind if any of you has either of the two and how your opinion is about it.
Also important to me, as I can't find a whole lot is this, how do I get games, is there some type of community hub, etc?
I saw on the HTC Vive website, there are a few games they have, but the stuff I have seen in videos, I am not sure where to find them and how to get them. 
I know some of my steam games are compatible because they are listed in the VR section.
But other than that? For example this music game with light sabers, I would love to play that but not sure how to get it etc. Anyway getting ahead of myself as I don't even have the VR thing yet. 

Now you.
2+2=4

HTC Vive any good
[Image: dunno.gif]
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

HTC Vive any good
(05-01-2019, 09:21 PM)leerob Wrote: Hey all,

I am considering getting a HTC Vive
Disclaimer I have done a good amount of research, especially comparing the Occulus Rift and the HTC Vive.
And while both have their pros and cons, I am currently leaning towards the HTC Vive.
At 500$ I wanna make sure my potential investment is realllllly worth the money.

So I wanna ask the AD hive mind if any of you has either of the two and how your opinion is about it.
Also important to me, as I can't find a whole lot is this, how do I get games, is there some type of community hub, etc?
I saw on the HTC Vive website, there are a few games they have, but the stuff I have seen in videos, I am not sure where to find them and how to get them. 
I know some of my steam games are compatible because they are listed in the VR section.
But other than that? For example this music game with light sabers, I would love to play that but not sure how to get it etc. Anyway getting ahead of myself as I don't even have the VR thing yet. 

Now you.

There are much better VR headsets now  .... The samsung oddessey+ is better than both the occulus and the Vive  ... even the vive pro which is twice the price.

I have the occulus and the oddyssey, but there may be even better headsets as I bought the oddysey last year  ...

Go here .... MRTV  .... he lists every headset ... even ones not yet released to the public.

HTC Vive any good
(05-01-2019, 10:38 PM)madog Wrote: There are much better VR headsets now  .... The samsung oddessey+ is better than both the occulus and the Vive  ... even the vive pro which is twice the price.

I have the occulus and the oddyssey, but there may be even better headsets as I bought the oddysey last year  ...

Go here .... MRTV  .... he lists every headset ... even ones not yet released to the public.

Thank you, that's actually very interesting. The Odyssee was 300$ last year I think? Right now it is back at 500$ but it seems to have very good reviews so far. 
I also started looking into this youtube channel, will keep listening to the guy for a bit.
2+2=4

HTC Vive any good
(05-01-2019, 11:35 PM)leerob Wrote:
(05-01-2019, 10:38 PM)madog Wrote: There are much better VR headsets now  .... The samsung oddessey+ is better than both the occulus and the Vive  ... even the vive pro which is twice the price.

Thank you, that's actually very interesting. The Odyssee was 300$ last year I think? Right now it is back at 500$ but it seems to have very good reviews so far. 
I also started looking into this youtube channel, will keep listening to the guy for a bit.

It was only $300 for black friday sales ....  But MRTV does lots of in depth stuff ... and he is known to be totally unbiased as he is not sponsored  ...  Winking
The following 1 user Likes madog's post:
  • leerob