Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I "Nailed it!" :D

Probably a big problem you will have will be finding competent employees...hope you hit on a few good ones, it really matters.

(05-23-2019, 12:26 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote: hope you hit on a few good ones, it really matters.

Um, I think that if she's lucky enough to find competent employees, the last thing she should do is start hitting on them Angel
“We drift down time, clutching at straws. But what good's a brick to a drowning man?” 
The following 4 users Like Vera's post:
  • jerry mcmasters, Joods, brewerb, TheGentlemanBastard

(05-23-2019, 12:29 AM)Vera Wrote:
(05-23-2019, 12:26 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote: hope you hit on a few good ones, it really matters.

Um, I think that if she's lucky enough to find competent employees, the last thing she should is start hitting on them Angel

Hmmm.  No wonder we couldn't keep employees.
The following 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post:
  • Joods

(05-22-2019, 06:57 PM)TheGentlemanBastard Wrote: Tonks, I don't know how much doing a Groupon or something like it would cost, but I would seriously recommend an online promotion of some kind if your budget can support it. As far as I know, it's the most affordable targeted marketing you can get.

Being as I have had to take a second job just to make ends meet, doing something like that really isn't affordable right now. I spoke to the lady next door who owns the hair salon and she told me what worked and what didn't. Being as this is a small town, word of mouth seems to be what works, so I have to just be patient and let this work in its own time.
      Christianity: 
God meddles in the affairs of humans in a small part the Earth for 1500 years, giving one tribal society rules to live by.
He stops all direct contact for the next 2,000 years, leaving us with a metaphorical set of instructions.
The following 3 users Like Joods's post:
  • brewerb, TheGentlemanBastard, Fireball

I think a huge sign outside the store saying "Atheists served for free!" would be a great idea to get things going. You're welcome.

(05-23-2019, 12:50 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote: I think a huge sign outside the store saying "Atheists served for free!" would be a great idea to get things going.  You're welcome.

Oh my no..... this is a small Pennsylvanian town - very religious area. Three things I don't talk about with the locals... religion, politics and sex. Sometimes it's just better to keep one's mouth shut about things like that.
      Christianity: 
God meddles in the affairs of humans in a small part the Earth for 1500 years, giving one tribal society rules to live by.
He stops all direct contact for the next 2,000 years, leaving us with a metaphorical set of instructions.

(05-23-2019, 12:53 AM)Joods Wrote:
(05-23-2019, 12:50 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote: I think a huge sign outside the store saying "Atheists served for free!" would be a great idea to get things going.  You're welcome.

Oh my no..... this is a small Pennsylvanian town - very religious area. Three things I don't talk about with the locals... religion, politics and sex. Sometimes it's just better to keep one's mouth shut about things like that.

(JK) Smile
  • Joods

(05-23-2019, 12:55 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote: (JK)

Does this stand for Jerry Kidding? Consider
“We drift down time, clutching at straws. But what good's a brick to a drowning man?” 
The following 2 users Like Vera's post:
  • jerry mcmasters, Joods

(05-23-2019, 01:34 AM)Vera Wrote:
(05-23-2019, 12:55 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote: (JK)

Does this stand for Jerry Kidding?  Consider

IT DOES NOW.

Dance
  • Joods

(05-23-2019, 12:46 AM)Joods Wrote:
(05-22-2019, 06:57 PM)TheGentlemanBastard Wrote: Tonks, I don't know how much doing a Groupon or something like it would cost, but I would seriously recommend an online promotion of some kind if your budget can support it. As far as I know, it's the most affordable targeted marketing you can get.

Being as I have had to take a second job just to make ends meet, doing something like that really isn't affordable right now. I spoke to the lady next door who owns the hair salon and she told me what worked and what didn't. Being as this is a small town, word of mouth seems to be what works, so I have to just be patient and let this work in its own time.

Sounds like you're already getting better advice than I can give. Big Grin

Give 'em hell girl!

ETA:
Holy hell, but Groupon is expensive. Not up front. They don't charge anything to run a Groupon ad, but they take 50% of the retail price, after discount. You'll get 25% if you run a 50% off Groupon. Forget I mentioned those greedy bastages!
[Image: Bastard-Signature.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes TheGentlemanBastard's post:
  • Joods