Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McFlurry... WTF is this?

McFlurry... WTF is this?
I'm confused about what a McFlurry is. McDonalds sells sundaes and shakes, so what's a McFlurry? Is a McFlurry like a Wendy's Frosty?  Huh
The following 1 user Likes Aliza's post:
  • KittyAnn

McFlurry... WTF is this?
Perhaps a McFlurry is a low-calorie blizzard?
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”

McFlurry... WTF is this?
It's whipped soft serve ice cream with whatever mix-ins they have.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McFlurry
Is this sig thing on?
The following 2 users Like c172's post:
  • Aliza, leerob

McFlurry... WTF is this?
(04-02-2019, 05:35 AM)c172 Wrote: It's whipped soft serve ice cream with whatever mix-ins they have.

I googled it, I just don't understand what it is. Do you drink it or eat it with a spoon?

Also, that wikipedia article says that McDonalds also has soft serve cones. I did not know that.

McFlurry... WTF is this?
(04-02-2019, 05:31 AM)Minimalist Wrote: Perhaps a McFlurry is a low-calorie blizzard?

Hah! I've never had a blizzard, but I've seen them advertised on TV. They're from DQ, right? They're from DQ. I just Googled. Big Grin

McFlurry... WTF is this?
Oh, yeah. They serve those upside down, no? And I believe that's essentially the same thing. Panic
Is this sig thing on?
The following 1 user Likes c172's post:
  • Aliza

McFlurry... WTF is this?
(04-02-2019, 05:40 AM)Aliza Wrote:
(04-02-2019, 05:31 AM)Minimalist Wrote: Perhaps a McFlurry is a low-calorie blizzard?

Hah! I've never had a blizzard, but I've seen them advertised on TV. They're from DQ, right? They're from DQ. I just Googled. Big Grin

Yeah, the McFlurry is a cheap, knock-off Blizzard. Micky-D's hasn't had an original idea since the marketing scam that was the McD-L-T. [Image: Eye_Roll.gif]
[Image: Bastard-Signature.jpg]
The following 2 users Like TheGentlemanBastard's post:
  • Aliza, KittyAnn

McFlurry... WTF is this?
Brain freeze?
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 

McFlurry... WTF is this?
Hehe Big Grin who cares, the basis that I love them ... mixed ice cream with something ... like with m&m's or Snickers or whatever....yummy yummy
[Image: 683_01_4876.jpg]
Elmyra- i'm gonna hug you and love you and squeeze you into itty bitty pieces...until you die!!!

McFlurry... WTF is this?
(04-02-2019, 05:39 AM)Aliza Wrote:
(04-02-2019, 05:35 AM)c172 Wrote: It's whipped soft serve ice cream with whatever mix-ins they have.

I googled it, I just don't understand what it is. Do you drink it or eat it with a spoon?

Also, that wikipedia article says that McDonalds also has soft serve cones. I did not know that.

Spoon.
god, ugh
The following 1 user Likes julep's post:
  • KittyAnn

McFlurry... WTF is this?
(04-02-2019, 02:02 PM)julep Wrote:
(04-02-2019, 05:39 AM)Aliza Wrote:

Spoon.

So basically this is a sundae but instead of toppings, the stuff is mixed within.

McFlurry... WTF is this?
It's McDonald's. That's all I need to know.
On hiatus.
The following 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • SYZ

McFlurry... WTF is this?
(04-02-2019, 05:39 AM)Aliza Wrote: Also, that wikipedia article says that McDonalds also has soft serve cones. I did not know that.

McD's. caters to kids, so yeah, they'll have ice cream.

"Eat your unidentifiable fish-like sandwich or you don't get the frothy ice cream!"
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]

McFlurry... WTF is this?
(04-02-2019, 02:56 PM)Aliza Wrote:
(04-02-2019, 02:02 PM)julep Wrote:
(04-02-2019, 05:39 AM)Aliza Wrote: I googled it, I just don't understand what it is. Do you drink it or eat it with a spoon?

Spoon.

So basically this is a sundae but instead of toppings, the stuff is mixed within.

If toppings exclude sauces like hot fudge or butterscotch, yes.  Like a sundae, it is intended to be eaten with a spoon rather than a straw.  

I have bought my son quite a few, and spoons always are provided.   Personally I don't care for ice cream with candy inside it (texture mix is offputting).  My son prefers the DQ version, but DQs are much thinner on the ground in Mass. than McDs.
god, ugh
The following 2 users Like julep's post:
  • Aliza, KittyAnn

McFlurry... WTF is this?
I can't believe that people are having an apparently serious discussion about the chemical slops and plastic foods
McDonald's defrauds a gullible public with.  You'd be better off just getting a daily, all-in-one intravenous injection
of fat, salt, sugar, and cholesterol.  Quicker, cheaper, more instant, and possibly save any vomiting and/or diarrhea.

—Needless to say, I despise the company and its insidious marketing techniques, treatment of its employees, blatant
misrepresentation of its foodstuffs, use of animal meat factories and battery hens, and its willful ignorance of climate
degradation and lack of any social conscience.

Living in a remote country town, McDonald's is the first place I reach whenever I drive to the nearest large town, so
I invariably make use of their toilets (being an old bloke with an insistent bladder LOL).  The place has an overpowering
stench of stale grease, which tends to make me hold my breath as long as I can walking through the front of store.

And as someone once said, you'll actually get more sustenance by eating the cardboard containers McDonald's serve
their food [sic ] in.    And it'll taste better too LOL.
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.

McFlurry... WTF is this?
(04-02-2019, 04:42 PM)SYZ Wrote: I can't believe that people are having an apparently serious discussion about the chemical slops and plastic foods
McDonald's defrauds a gullible public with.  You'd be better off just getting a daily, all-in-one intravenous injection
of fat, salt, sugar, and cholesterol.  Quicker, cheaper, more instant, and possibly save any vomiting and/or diarrhea.

—Needless to say, I despise the company and its insidious marketing techniques, treatment of its employees, blatant
misrepresentation of its foodstuffs, use of animal meat factories and battery hens, and its willful ignorance of climate
degradation and lack of any social conscience.

Living in a remote country town, McDonald's is the first place I reach whenever I drive to the nearest large town, so
I invariably make use of their toilets (being an old bloke with an insistent bladder LOL).  The place has an overpowering
stench of stale grease, which tends to make me hold my breath as long as I can walking through the front of store.

And as someone once said, you'll actually get more sustenance by eating the cardboard containers McDonald's serve
their food [sic ] in.    And it'll taste better too LOL.

I haven't eaten at a McDonalds since I was a kid. I can call up the taste of a McDonalds's sundae and one of their cheese burgers from the depths of my long term memory, but aside from that, I have no McDonald's experience to draw from.

It was suggested to me by one @Tartarus Sauce that he should go get a McFlurry, and when I googled it, I was horrified to learn the calories and sugar in one serving of a McFlurry. 890 calories and 124 g of sugar.

McFlurry... WTF is this?
For an adult or a child older than 4 years, a 12 fl oz serving of McFlurry provides
31%  of their daily calorific intake, plus 45% of their daily saturated fat intake.
At the same time it provides only 1% of their daily fibre requirement.

So... next time you wanna swallow 18 teaspoonsful of sugar in one fell swoop,
just pop into your local diabetes supplies store.     Thumbsdown
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 1 user Likes SYZ's post:
  • Aliza

McFlurry... WTF is this?
A cash cow.

McFlurry... WTF is this?
A flurry compared to a blizzard. They didn't think that one through.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Aliza