Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Music That Reflects Your Persona Or Journey In Life

Music That Reflects Your Persona Or Journey In Life
(04-01-2019, 01:19 AM)c172 Wrote:
(04-01-2019, 12:57 AM)brewerb Wrote: I stopped musically evolving in the 1990's. I guess it would mostly be late 60's, 70's and 80's rock with new wave and punk thrown in on the side.

I've been evolving musically, and personally, my whole 43 year life. Not saying that's a good or a bad thing. Just that I've felt the need to reinvent myself a lot to be a more evolved person. 

I grew up with very few friends, due in part to my disability, and in part to moving around a lot in high school. As a result, in elementary and middle school, I took no interest in what my peers were listening to. I hung out with the teachers, parent volunteers, and other social outliers like myself. So, therefore, I started listening to what the adults (besides my "cool mom") were listening to. One of the popular stations across all demographics was smooth jazz/new age, so that's what I liked. 
To Be Cont'd...

I had to continue in a reply because I think there's a link limit per post. Anyhow, I did slowly evolve, and start loving freeform radio stations (some college, some not). Stations like KEXP (Seattle), KUOI (Moscow, ID), KDHX (St. Louis), etc. 4Stations that might consider following a block of punk with a block of klezmer. 

fast forwarding to nowadays, I am still a musical eccentric, but don't much listen to the stuff of my childhood. I listen to 80's/early 90's pop, indie, drone, ambient techno, old jazz and others. The aforementioned 80's/90's pop/rock is likely what I would have liked if I had socially evolved more typically. 

So, as it is now, here is some stuff I currently like:

ETA: Help. No clue how to condense what I replied to. Hide tags seem not to work.
Is this sig thing on?
The following 1 user Likes c172's post:
  • brewerb

Messages In This Thread
RE: Music That Reflects Your Persona Or Journey In Life - by c172 - 04-01-2019, 01:29 AM