Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mafia Game #7 Sign-Ups—Fruit Mafia

Welcome to

Fruit Mafia!

[Image: xw7gWhE6Qt-2.png]

This will be a standard game with standard roles (the theme is purely for fun and has zero effect on gameplay). It will be a fully open setup in that I will announce which roles are being used for the game immediately after they're RNGed. Here are the possible roles that may be RNGed:

Possible Roles For Town

Vanilla Townie
Town Cop
Town Doctor
Town Jailkeeper
Tracker
Innocent Child
Vigilante

Possible Roles For Scum

Goon
Encryptor
Rolecop
Roleblocker
Tracker

I can run the game with anywhere between 7 and 14 players. I'm hoping for at least 9 but 7-8 is still workable if necessary.

Black bold text=mandatory player slots. Blue bold text=additional player slots.

Player 1: Aliza
Player 2: Revenant77x
Player 3: Paleophyte
Player 4: Phaedrus
Player 5: Mathilda
Player 6: Smercury44
Player 7: Assassin
Player 8: Aroura
Player 9: Lastpoet
Player 10:
Player 11:
Player 12:
Player 13:
Player 14:

I'll post the standard game rules once we have enough players and have decided on a start date.

This game is also intended to be newbie friendly.

Here's a standard definition for each of the possible roles:

A Vanilla Townie is a member of the Town that has no special abilities or power role at all.

A Town Cop is a member of the Town who has the ability to investigate someone each night. In the morning, if the Town Cop is still alive, they will be contacted by the GM and informed whether the person they investigated is Town or scum.

A Town Doctor is a member of the Town who has the ability to protect someone each night ... but they may not target the same person two nights in a row. The person targetted is immune to night kills for the night.

A Town Jailkeeper is a member of the Town who has the ability to put someone in jail each night ... but they may not target the same person two nights in a row. The person targetted is immune to night kills but any other night actions they take are also prevented. So it can also be used to target scum to stop their night kill.

A Town Tracker is a member of the Town who has the ability to track someone each night ... and they are absolutely welcome to target the same person two nights in a row if they wish to. In the morning, if the Town Tracker is still alive, they will be contacted by the GM and informed who the person targetted performed a night action on. If the person targetted didn't perform any night actions at all then the Town Tracker is told "no result".

An Innocent Child is a member of the Town who has the ability to announce in the day that they are an innocent child. When they make such an announcement they must announce it in bold ... and the game mod will then inform everyone that the innocent child is definitely a member of the Town and not scum.

A Vigilante is a member of the Town who, like scum, may perfom a night kill at night. At night they must tell the GM who they wish to target at night to kill ... and unless the action is prevented somehow then that person will be dead by the morning.

A Vigilante does not have to take a night action at all if they don't want to. They may choose to shoot someone or not shoot someone. Sometimes it may be best not to, as it is possible that they may accidentally kill another member of the Town. A vigilante can be both a pro-town and Anti-town role depending on who is killed. ... so use the ability wisely.

A Goon is a member of the Scum who has no abilities besides a factional night kill. A faction night kill is a night action that whole scum team performs. Only one member of the Scum may perform a factional night kill ... but all members of scum have the ability. A Goon is a member of scum that has no other abilities.

An Encryptor is a member of the Scum who encrypts all the Mafia chat which means that as long as the encryptor remains alive then they and their scumbuddies may chat in the day phase as well as the night phase. As soon as the encryptor(s) is dead then scum may only talk at night again as usual.

A rolecop is a member of the Scum who has the ability to investigate a Town member at night in order to know what their ability/role is. In the morning, if the Role Cop is still alive, the GM will inform them what the ability/role of the player they targeted is.

A Mafia tracker is a member of the Scum that has the exact same ability as a Town Tracker does.

A Roleblocker is a member of the Scum that works just like a Town jailkeeper in that it blocks all the night actions of the person targetted ... the only difference being that the person is not protected. It simply blocks that actions of the person targetted and it doesn't put them in jail or protect them in any way.

Let the sign-ups commence!
My Argument Against Free Will Wrote:(1) Ultimately, to control your actions you have to originate your original nature.

(2) But you can't originate your original nature—it's already there.

(3) So, ultimately, you can't control your actions.

Me! It's my turn to play!
The following 1 user Likes Aliza's post:
  • EvieTheAvocado

Somebody has to get lynched day 1.  Might as well be me.
The following 3 users Like Revenant77x's post:
  • EvieTheAvocado, Aliza, Smercury44

Sign me up.

Just curious, but shouldn't you have included a Fruit Vendor amongst the PRs? Tongue
The following 2 users Like Paleophyte's post:
  • Aliza, EvieTheAvocado

(02-15-2019, 02:03 AM)Paleophyte Wrote: Sign me up.

Just curious, but shouldn't you have included a Fruit Vendor amongst the PRs? Tongue

Imma be watching you, Paleo. You have managed to roll what? 50% games as scum? I think you're paying the Mob Bosses off. I think you like it.

... Me? I'd pay them off to be town.
  • Paleophyte

60% 3 games of 5 so far. I'm eagerly awaiting the "What are the odds?"/"Paleo always rolls scum!" arguments.
The following 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post:
  • Aliza

(02-15-2019, 03:18 AM)Paleophyte Wrote: 60% 3 games of 5 so far. I'm eagerly awaiting the "What are the odds?"/"Paleo always rolls scum!" arguments.

Bizarre. All the more reason to be suspicious of you.
  • Paleophyte

Eight words: A small sample size does not mean much.
My Argument Against Free Will Wrote:(1) Ultimately, to control your actions you have to originate your original nature.

If you wanna know why I emphasize this so much ... it's because I play a lot of poker.

I legitimately got a royal flush while playing poker today. And the game was Texas Hold 'Em Poker.

In Texas Hold 'Em the odds for getting a royal flush is 43,316 to 1. I've seen a royal flush about 6 times over the years (and I'm not including seeing it on TV or YouTube. I'm talking about hands I've either played in or I've witnessed at a table I've played in) ... just let that sink it. THAT is sample size.

(I've been playing poker since I was 15. I'm 30. So for half my life (off and on, of course ... and only played for money since I was 18)).

What's even more amazing is I drew a royal flush with my favorite Texas Hold 'Em hand ... Jack Ten suited (JTs). Which makes the odds even more crazy.

Today was my lucky day. And not just in poker Wink

If only I was playing for real money, eh?

Oh wait, I was! Gambling isn't legal in most states but, luckily, I'm not American Big Grin

The following 1 user Likes EvieTheAvocado's post:
  • Smercury44

@Shai Hulud, let's go! Let's get your name on the sign up sheet.
  • Smercury44

@Aliza Aw man. No comment on my poker-related shenanigans?

Aliza and Tarty sitting in a tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G. Wait, did I say this out loud (oh wait, no I didn't. I typed it up in text form. I didn't SAY it out loud. Oh shit, better cross this out anyway ... "because reasons" (at least I didn't type "F-U-C-K-I-N-G", whoops, too late!)).

The following 1 user Likes EvieTheAvocado's post:
  • Aliza

(02-15-2019, 04:21 AM)EvieTheAvocado Wrote: @Aliza Aw man. No comment on my poker-related shenanigans?

Aliza and Tarty sitting in a tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G. Wait, did I say this out loud (oh wait, no I didn't. I typed it up in text form. I didn't SAY it out loud. Oh shit, better cross this out anyway ... "because reasons" (at least I didn't type "F-U-C-K-I-N-G", whoops, too late!)).

I don't know anything about poker. I've heard the term "royal flush" before, but I have no idea what it means. I'm also uninterested in googling it to find out.

Whatever gene is necessary to spark people's interest in gambling just didn't come with my base operating system. I know nothing of gambling.
  • EvieTheAvocado

I agree 100%, Tarty does taste like peanut butter on toast.

(02-15-2019, 04:55 AM)EvieTheAvocado Wrote: I agree 100%, Tarty does taste like peanut butter on toast.

We're like peas and carrots. Not peanut butter and toast.  Tongue

....Hey, weren't you just about to add Paleophyte to the signup list?

Lol apologies for missing Pale's sign-up despite kudosing his post.

I blame beer, lol.

Get right on it.

I guess I'll play.
The following 4 users Like Phaedrus's post:
  • Aliza, Paleophyte, Revenant77x, Smercury44

(02-15-2019, 03:44 AM)EvieTheAvocado Wrote: Eight words: A small sample size does not mean much.

The uncertainty in a measurement that can be attributed to sampling size alone is inversely proportional to the square root of the number of samples. 1/sqrt(5) = 0.447, so at the 95% confidence interval the error on me drawing scum 60% of the time is +/-89% at an absolute minimum. The other 5% of the time I'm bribing the Mob Bosses.

(02-15-2019, 05:16 AM)Phaedrus Wrote: I guess I'll play.

Would this be your first game or have you played on AF or somewhere else?

Yay! Dance

(02-15-2019, 05:24 AM)Paleophyte Wrote:
(02-15-2019, 03:44 AM)EvieTheAvocado Wrote: Eight words: A small sample size does not mean much.

The uncertainty in a measurement that can be attributed to sampling size alone is inversely proportional to the square root of the number of samples. 1/sqrt(5) = 0.447, so at the 95% confidence interval the error on me drawing scum 60% of the time is +/-89% at an absolute minimum. The other 5% of the time I'm bribing the Mob Bosses.

With a small sample size results means basically nothing.

(02-15-2019, 05:24 AM)Paleophyte Wrote:

That was really hot, Paleo. Say it again.  inlove Flirt
The following 2 users Like Aliza's post:
  • Smercury44, Paleophyte

(02-15-2019, 05:24 AM)Aliza Wrote:

Would this be your first game or have you played on AF or somewhere else?

I've played a few games over at AF.
The following 2 users Like Phaedrus's post:
  • Aliza, Smercury44

Sign me up please.
The following 3 users Like Mathilda's post:
  • Smercury44, Aliza, EvieTheAvocado

[Image: C7-BC90-BB-4-D6-B-4-A9-D-B8-F4-8-BA9-F75-C71-E7.jpg]
[Image: 320-C6-ED7-97-CD-4-AB2-A60-A-759-A45-FB7-FE8.jpg]
"The Thinking Atheist forum" “The Thinking Atheist forum closed down" “TTA Forum”
The following 3 users Like Smercury44's post:
  • Aliza, EvieTheAvocado, Assassin

Awesome! We have 6 players already.

1 more player is the minimum but at least another 3 is recommended.

Smile