Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello

Hello
I like your personality already. Very entertaining.

I'm reminded of the comedic genius of Kevin Turvey (as, of course, realized by Rik Mayall (yes: The Rik Mayall)):

Full video is over 40 minutes long but it's made of lots and lots of like ... 2 or 3 minute clips. So I encourage those who are curious to just keep watching until the get bored (if it happens).
My Argument Against Free Will Wrote:(1) Ultimately, to control your actions you have to originate your original nature.

(2) But you can't originate your original nature—it's already there.

(3) So, ultimately, you can't control your actions.

Hello
I will watch all of that. I liked Rik Mayall. I have time in the day most days. Unless it's shopping day, then I don't.
The following 1 user Likes Nipper's post:
  • EvieTheAvocado

Hello
Howdy Nipper, fun opening post!
The following 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post:
  • EvieTheAvocado

Hello
Quote:I even checked under the stairs but never found him.

That's not how you find the religitards' special invisible friend.  Everyone knows you sprinkle flour on the floor and check for his footprints in the morning!

Welcome.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 1 user Likes Minimalist's post:
  • Dānu

Hello
(02-07-2019, 12:07 AM)Minimalist Wrote:

That's not how you find the religitards' special invisible friend.  Everyone knows you sprinkle flour on the floor and check for his footprints in the morning!

Welcome.

I'm guessing that if I'm looking for Jesus that I should use self raising flour.

Hello
Religion is kind of like a yeast infection.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”

Hello
Welcome to AD. Smile
" I have nothing to say and I am saying it and that is poetry. "
                                                                                 -- John Cage

Hello
(02-07-2019, 04:13 PM)Minimalist Wrote: Religion is kind of like a yeast infection.

I guess the key difference is that the latter tends to be caused by getting too much action but the former tends to be caused by not getting enough.
My Argument Against Free Will Wrote:(1) Ultimately, to control your actions you have to originate your original nature.

Hello
The Ripper ain't got Jack on Vincent The Nipper! Evil_monster

[Image: 3217871.jpg]

Tongue
Welcome! Shy
The following 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post:
  • EvieTheAvocado

Hello
(02-07-2019, 09:33 PM)TheGulegon Wrote: The Ripper ain't got Jack on Vincent The Nipper! Evil_monster

Tongue
Welcome! Shy

Now I just imagined an evil version of Vincent the Nipper called Vice-Ant the Snipper: A gigantic serial-killing insectoid humanoid AntPerson carrying a very large pair of razor-sharp garden sheers that he goes around snipping people with ... and he only kills people who have committed particular vices. (You know, it's like that movie, SE7EN).

The following 1 user Likes EvieTheAvocado's post:
  • TheGulegon

Hello
(02-07-2019, 09:41 PM)EvieTheAvocado Wrote:
(02-07-2019, 09:33 PM)TheGulegon Wrote: The Ripper ain't got Jack on Vincent The Nipper! Evil_monster

Tongue
Welcome! Shy

Now I just imagined an evil version of Vincent the Nipper called Vice-Ant the Snipper: A gigantic serial-killing insectoid humanoid AntPerson carrying a very large pair of razor-sharp garden sheers that he goes around snipping people with ... and he only kills people who have committed particular vices. (You know, it's like that movie, SE7EN).

I also thought of a variant of Vincent The Nipper

[Image: cowboy-drinking.jpg]

I'm kidding, Nipper!
I'm sure you are not a nocturnal drunken barber. Tongue

Hello
(02-07-2019, 12:07 AM)Minimalist Wrote:

Welcome.

I thought that's what you were supposed to do for Santa Claus.[Image: dunno.gif]
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda