Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Damned Cops Are Out Of Control

(02-13-2020, 04:51 PM)Minimalist Wrote: Your excuse for all kinds of criminality, it seems.  Now you are just boring me.

And you're just a dung-flinging pussy. Coward. Mighty archer.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]

How about the two of you take it outside. Deadpan Coffee Drinker
“Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet. 
Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich.”
― Napoleon Bonaparte
The following 2 users Like Chas's post:
  • Fireball, Cavebear

(02-13-2020, 04:51 PM)Minimalist Wrote: Your excuse for all kinds of criminality, it seems.  Now you are just boring me.

Hey matey... it might be time to give your "crusade" against bent cops a rest for a bit.  We all acknowledge
that there are bad apples in any profession—from used car sales, to accountants, lawyers, politicians, auto
mechanics, and even to doctors and dentists.

There's really no point in cherry picking on the tiny percentage of crooked cops out of nearly a million in the
US police forces.  The mere fact that they're ultimately exposed means in effect that the appropriate checks
and balances are already in place.

And don't forget that in this particular case, Michael Fesser was already known to police.  He spent four years
in jail as a result of drug trafficking, and was a known associate of local gangs in the early 2000's.  Hardly a
shining example of appropriate community standards.

—Although I know from your past comments that you invariably ignore the initial criminal activity that triggered
a lot of these cases against the police.  You're a classic example of the typical bleeding heart.
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.

(02-14-2020, 06:12 AM)Chas Wrote: How about the two of you take it outside. Deadpan Coffee Drinker

And you, Mr. Kettle, can follow with the gun threads.

(02-14-2020, 11:46 AM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(02-14-2020, 06:12 AM)Chas Wrote: How about the two of you take it outside. Deadpan Coffee Drinker

Not the subject matter - the bickering.
― Napoleon Bonaparte

(02-15-2020, 12:16 AM)Chas Wrote:
(02-14-2020, 11:46 AM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:

That's what I meant. If you want to be a hall monitor you need to bulk up, Cartman.

(02-15-2020, 12:32 AM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(02-15-2020, 12:16 AM)Chas Wrote:
(02-14-2020, 11:46 AM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: And you, Mr. Kettle, can follow with the gun threads.

That's what I meant. If you want to be a hall monitor you need to bulk up, Cartman.

Cartman??

I'm not the hall monitor, just an old fart who finds that crap tiresome.
― Napoleon Bonaparte
The following 1 user Likes Chas's post:
  • Cavebear

THEN DON'T FUCKING READ IT.

(02-15-2020, 01:05 AM)Chas Wrote:
(02-15-2020, 12:32 AM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(02-15-2020, 12:16 AM)Chas Wrote: Not the subject matter - the bickering.

Cartman??

You are Cartman, an officious little prick.

(02-15-2020, 01:11 AM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: THEN DON'T FUCKING READ IT.

It can only be classed as crap after reading, unless you're saying it's all crap.
― Napoleon Bonaparte

(02-15-2020, 01:12 AM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(02-15-2020, 01:05 AM)Chas Wrote:
(02-15-2020, 12:32 AM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: That's what I meant. If you want to be a hall monitor you need to bulk up, Cartman.

Cartman??

You are Cartman, an officious little prick.

No idea who you're referring to.  Officious? No, I made a suggestion; take it or leave it. 
But it appears you enjoy bickering for it's own sake.
― Napoleon Bonaparte

Well said, kettle.

Another hero  - arresting a six year old and seemingly proud of himself for it.

Well and truly fired for his actions.  Now he's probably stuffing Mexican kids into cages for Trumpolini's storm troopers.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/florida/20...at-school/

Quote:ORLANDO — Kaia Rolle was sitting, listening to a school employee read her a story when two officers came in the room to arrest her.
“What are those for?” the 6-year-old girl asked the Orlando police officers.
“They’re for you,” Officer Dennis Turner said about the zip ties, before another officer tightened them around her wrists. Kaia immediately began weeping.
“No … no, don’t put handcuffs on!” she wailed in body camera footage from the arrest, which Kaia’s family shared with the Orlando Sentinel on Monday evening. The arrests of the girl and another 6-year-old at Lucious & Emma Nixon Academy in September drew national headlines and widespread condemnation, leading to the officer’s firing.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”

Yep... the beat goes on and on and on.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/26/us/ho...oines.html

Quote:A Police Officer’s Word Convicted Them. Now He’s Charged With Murder.

Houston’s top prosecutor says at least 69 people, and perhaps many more, could see their convictions overturned in the wake of a botched drug raid that relied on made-up information.

Quote:It started with a drug raid in Houston and a shootout that left two people dead, five police officers wounded and one of them charged with murder, accused of making up information to obtain a warrant.

Now 69 people whose prosecutions relied on evidence from that accused officer are likely to have their convictions reversed under a process that began on Wednesday, and many more could in the future. The news had echoes of other high-profile police scandals, including the 1990s Rampart case in Los Angeles and the wrongful prosecution of dozens of African-Americans in Tulia, Texas, two decades ago.

(02-27-2020, 12:16 AM)Minimalist Wrote: Yep... the beat goes on and on and on.

It's of interest that you've never focussed your anger on any other major corruption in other
workplace sectors. I can only assume you have some massive "anti-cop" chip on your shoulder.

"The last two decades saw some of the worst accounting scandals in history. Billions of dollars were lost
as a result of these financial disasters, which destroyed companies and ruined peoples’ lives. Many of these
accounting scandals were a result of the excessive greed of a few individuals whose actions led to disastrous
consequences which brought down whole companies and affected millions of people."

Accounting Scandals – List and Overview.
The following 1 user Likes SYZ's post:
  • Chas

Oh, the mighty archer attacks hither and yon, but never does more than that.

Former ER actress Vanessa Marquez was shot and killed by police officers during a welfare check in August 2018.
Marquez’s friends had called the fire department to check on her because they were concerned about her well-being.
The 49-year-old had been suffering seizures and was lying in bed when the police arrived.

Police have just released the body-cam footage of her death.   The South Pasadena Police Department posted the
video to its YouTube channel today 4 March. The full video is seven minutes long as it is part of a community briefing.

Vanessa Marquez Video: Bodycam Shows Actress Shot by California Police.

This particular police-involved shooting demonstrates that—contrary to Minimalist's regular bitching—the police
often have a perfectly justifiable reason for shooting an initially harmless individual.  The officers involved in firing
their weapons must've inevitably carried their feelings of regret for possibly months after the event, as any other
compassionate person would.

I'm sorry to come into this thread late, but posts are meant to be read and replied to. I think very highly of you, but that reply was uncalled-for. Would you please reconsider your reply?
Never argue with people who type fast and have too much time on their hands...

(03-05-2020, 12:35 PM)Cavebear Wrote:

I'm sorry to come into this thread late, but posts are meant to be read and replied to.  I think very highly of you, but that reply was uncalled-for.  Would you please reconsider your reply?

THEN DON'T FUCKING READ IT, ASSHOLE.

(03-05-2020, 12:15 PM)SYZ Wrote: Former ER actress Vanessa Marquez was shot and killed by police officers during a welfare check in August 2018.
Marquez’s friends had called the fire department to check on her because they were concerned about her well-being.
The 49-year-old had been suffering seizures and was lying in bed when the police arrived.

Police have just released the body-cam footage of her death.   The South Pasadena Police Department posted the
video to its YouTube channel today 4 March. The full video is seven minutes long as it is part of a community briefing.

Vanessa Marquez Video: Bodycam Shows Actress Shot by California Police.

This particular police-involved shooting demonstrates that—contrary to Minimalist's regular bitching—the police
often have a perfectly justifiable reason for shooting an initially harmless individual.  The officers involved in firing
their weapons must've inevitably carried their feelings of regret for possibly months after the event, as any other
compassionate person would.

That was horrible and sad. But justified. Still, don't take one example as "often". There are more others equally documented "not justified". But this sad case, yes.
Never argue with people who type fast and have too much time on their hands...

This seems to be rare in Canada.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52346447

Quote:Canada shooting: Nova Scotia gunman 'dressed as policeman' arrested

People being shot by gunmen dressed as police happens all the time in 'Murrica.

On 6 May 21-year-old, Dreasjon “Sean” Reed was shot and killed by Indianapolis police while the entire
incident was captured on his “Sean DaDon” Facebook Live. The video shows Reed driving his
car while being chased by police. He then parks the car, saying he’s at 62nd and Michigan
streets, and begins running, at which point his phone is dropped and gunshots are heard.

Sean "DaDon’" Reed Shot Dead by Indianapolis Police During Facebook Live Video.

[Image: Screenshot-2020-05-09-Sean-Da-Don-Reed-S...-Video.png]

The circumstances of the police chase and shooting are still unclear. The IMPD reported that
police officers began a pursuit of a vehicle “driving recklessly.” According to the police report
of the incident, the officer involved in the shooting has been placed on leave until the investigation
is completed.  It's apparently unclear as to what criminal offence Reed was being pursued for—
other than for driving recklessly, although police have alleged Reed was carrying a firearm.

Quote:It's apparently unclear as to what criminal offence Reed was being pursued for

DWB.  Driving While Black?

I see the cops are "re-opening" too.  When even the NY Post feels compelled to comment you know this is a real stinker of a case!

https://nypost.com/2020/05/13/cops-shoot...n-custody/

Quote:Black EMT shot dead during police raid for man already in custody: lawsuit

Quote:A black EMT was shot dead in her own bed by Kentucky cops who “blindly fired” more than 20 times during a botched raid — to catch a suspect who was already in custody, according to a lawsuit.

Breonna Taylor, 26, was asleep with her boyfriend when three undercover cops burst into her Louisville home at 1 a.m. March 13 “without knocking and without announcing themselves as police officers,” according to the lawsuit filed last month.

I'll have to do some research later today and see when the asswipes on the Supreme Court allowed "no-knock" warrants.

Interesting pathology.