Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mafia game #5 - Pinball mafia

[Image: 353f933834ec0050cef7829b3872565e.jpg]

This game will use the following standard roles:

• There is the slight difference in that if it is not specified who to redirect / deflect to, then it will be chosen using random.org and the player will not be told who.
  • If the cop is redirected or their investigation is deflected then the cop will be told who they ended up investigating.
  • A jail keeper's action cannot be deflected but the jailer may be redirected unless the jailer is targeting the redirector.
  • Redirection cannot be deflected.
  • Redirection can not be used for self-targeting.
  • Deflection can only be self-targeting, (i.e. only actions performed on yourself get deflected to another player. You cannot deflect all actions on player A onto player B.)

You may need to ask me questions as the game proceeds to clarify resolving certain mechanics. These will be answered truthfully.

Rules:
  • There are 2 phases, day and night. They last 24 hours each. Phase changes at (or after) 10pm GMT.
  • During the day phase, vote for whomever you wish to see lynched. Or vote for no lynch to occur. Abstentions are ignored.
  • Votes must be posted in thread using the tags (e.g. [ vote ] : Mathilda [ / vote ] or [ unvote ]).
  • If you change your mind then make a new post. No editing of posts is allowed.
  • The player with the most lynch votes at the end of the day will be lynched.
  • In the event of an equal highest number of votes then no one will be lynched. So make sure that there is a majority for a single person for a lynch to occur.
  • If you have a night action then send them to me by personal message.
  • The game is gagged, therefore town are not allowed to communicate with each other outside of the thread. Mafia are free to communicate with each other during the night only and NOT DURING THE DAY. Mafia can communicate on night zero.
  • The thread will be closed at night.
  • Do not copy and paste or forward anything from a PM sent to you by me. No screen-grabs of any kind or reading out role PMs verbatim in-thread.
  • Once you are dead you may not influence the game in any way.
  • Do not like a post if you are dead or put game information in your signature.
  • If you die but your team wins then you also win.
  • There will be a ratio of 1 scum for every 3 townies (that makes 1 scum for every 4 players). So 9 players in the game equals 2 scum.
  • Roles shall be randomly assigned using random.org
  • Any player who does not make at least post by the end of the day phase will be mod killed.
  • Game Mod colour will be RASPBERRY NIPPLE.

Players:

1. EvieTheAvocado Scum
2. Aliza Town
3. Assassin
4. mlmooney89
5. Paleophyte Town
6. Joods Town
7. Revenant77x Town
8. Aroura
9. TheGulegon Town

Time left in Day 4.

[Image: red_1548972000.png]
The following 8 users Like Mathilda's post:
  • Aliza, Paleophyte, Smercury44, Vosur, Losty, TheGulegon, Aroura, Revenant77x

I'm going to open the thread early because we've waited long enough. So this day will be slightly longer than usual. Deadline for the end of the day will be at 10pm GMT tomorrow..

P.S I can't remember who posted a clock we can use for the deadline here. If you remember, do say and I will add it here.
The following 7 users Like Mathilda's post:
  • Losty, EvieTheAvocado, Aliza, Paleophyte, TheGulegon, Joods, Aroura

First again
The following 4 users Like Assassin's post:
  • Mathilda, EvieTheAvocado, TheGulegon, Aroura

Wait, has the day started?

Is it starting earlier than 10.PM GMT because it got postponed?
My Argument Against Free Will Wrote:(1) Ultimately, to control your actions you have to originate your original nature.

(2) But you can't originate your original nature—it's already there.

(3) So, ultimately, you can't control your actions.

(01-24-2019, 07:34 PM)Mathilda Wrote: [color=#ff66ff][b]I'm going to open the thread early because we've waited long enough.

Ah. So looks like early is now then!

P.S. "Rasperry nipple" has got to be the best name for a color I've ever seen lol.
My Argument Against Free Will Wrote:(1) Ultimately, to control your actions you have to originate your original nature.

The following 2 users Like EvieTheAvocado's post:
  • Mathilda, Aroura

(01-24-2019, 07:50 PM)EvieTheAvocado Wrote: Wait, has the day started?

That seems to be the case.  So not done one of these AF style games before.  TTA we used to have non-gaged games so it was a bit more freeform.  As I understand it scum in these games tend to faff about with fluff posts and indecision, while town are supposed to be very serious about very serious business.  Lynch trains tend to be a favored tool in gathering information Day 1 and it helps to put the heat on someone who might crack.  No sense in waterboarding a stone I suppose.

So far we have zero to go on though Assassin did do a First post and should probably be killed on general principle.  Given what I have seen, in the previous game I observed, I think I shall lean on Aliza for now.  Her town playstyle seems very verbose so maybe we can get this game rolling.

Vote Aliza
The following 2 users Like Revenant77x's post:
  • EvieTheAvocado, mlmooney89

Bollocks I fudged the quote up. Apologies.

Well I guess people will definitely be around sometime after 10.PM GMT if not sooner. I guess not everyone knows it was opened early (yet).

As for now I'll start a randa lynch.

Vote Paleophyte

Ninja'd by Rev.

Two wagons within a few minutes. Not bad!

(01-24-2019, 07:58 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:

That seems to be the case.  So not done one of these AF style games before.  TTA we used to have non-gaged games so it was a bit more freeform.  As I understand it scum in these games tend to faff about with fluff posts and indecision, while town are supposed to be very serious about very serious business.  Lynch trains tend to be a favored tool in gathering information Day 1 and it helps to put the heat on someone who might crack.  No sense in waterboarding a stone I suppose.

So far we have zero to go on though Assassin did do a First post and should probably be killed on general principle.  Given what I have seen, in the previous game I observed, I think I shall lean on Aliza for now.  Her town playstyle seems very verbose so maybe we can get this game rolling.

Vote Aliza

Oh yeah? Vote Vosur
The following 4 users Like Aliza's post:
  • Revenant77x, Tartarus Sauce, EvieTheAvocado, Aroura

(01-24-2019, 08:02 PM)Aliza Wrote:
(01-24-2019, 07:58 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:

Vote Aliza

Oh yeah? Vote Vosur

Didn't you already do that?
The following 6 users Like Revenant77x's post:
  • Mathilda, mlmooney89, Tartarus Sauce, Smercury44, Joods, EvieTheAvocado

(01-24-2019, 08:05 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:
(01-24-2019, 08:02 PM)Aliza Wrote:
(01-24-2019, 07:58 PM)Revenant77x Wrote: That seems to be the case.  So not done one of these AF style games before.  TTA we used to have non-gaged games so it was a bit more freeform.  As I understand it scum in these games tend to faff about with fluff posts and indecision, while town are supposed to be very serious about very serious business.  Lynch trains tend to be a favored tool in gathering information Day 1 and it helps to put the heat on someone who might crack.  No sense in waterboarding a stone I suppose.

Vote Aliza

Oh yeah? Vote Vosur

It was so worth it.  Girl_yes2
  • Mathilda, Joods, EvieTheAvocado, Aroura

I don't really understand why people go to immediately lynch others in the first view hours. We literally have no information to go on. 

I acknowledge that experienced players do this so I see there must be some value in it, it just hasn't clicked for me yet. 

In any case, Rev's move to lynch me seem less logical if he's scum, so he's currently my strongest town lean. Mazel tov, Rev.

BTW, @Mathilda thank you for opening this up early. My brain needed a distraction from the chaos on the forum.
  • Mathilda, Revenant77x, Joods, Aroura

(01-24-2019, 08:11 PM)Aliza Wrote: I don't really understand why people go to immediately lynch others in the first view hours. We literally have no information to go on. 

I acknowledge that experienced players do this so I see there must be some value in it, it just hasn't clicked for me yet. 

In any case, Rev's move to lynch me seem less logical if he's scum, so he's currently my strongest town lean. Mazel tov, Rev.

My best guess is it gets people talking.  The more people talk the more chances for scum to put their foot in their mouth.  There does seem to be an aversion to posts that are not High Content, probably because if you fluff post all day you seem to have participated but have not actually done anything.  That is my working theory anyway.
The following 2 users Like Revenant77x's post:
  • EvieTheAvocado, Aroura

(01-24-2019, 08:11 PM)Aliza Wrote: In any case, Rev's move to lynch me seem less logical if he's scum, so he's currently my strongest town lean. Mazel tov, Rev.

Why is it less logical if he's scum?
The following 1 user Likes Assassin's post:
  • EvieTheAvocado

(01-24-2019, 07:58 PM)Revenant77x Wrote: That seems to be the case.  So not done one of these AF style games before.  TTA we used to have non-gaged games so it was a bit more freeform.  As I understand it scum in these games tend to faff about with fluff posts and indecision, while town are supposed to be very serious about very serious business.  Lynch trains tend to be a favored tool in gathering information Day 1 and it helps to put the heat on someone who might crack.  No sense in waterboarding a stone I suppose.

Vote Aliza

I like this thought process. I want to hold a day one grudge against you for my C rating Tongue  but you came out swinging with a good point. Aliza does seem like a character we could put pressure on and her town self would be obvious. We can test this, I will jump on.

(01-24-2019, 08:05 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:
(01-24-2019, 08:02 PM)Aliza Wrote: Oh yeah? Vote Vosur

Weeping Weeping Panic Panic Big Grin Big Grin ROFL2 ROFL2

My coworker probably thinks I'm crazy after snorting with laughter in the middle of a silent bank. You win the comment award of the day.

Anywho Aliza, let's talk

Vote Aliza
The following 2 users Like mlmooney89's post:
  • Revenant77x, EvieTheAvocado

(01-24-2019, 08:24 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:
(01-24-2019, 08:11 PM)Aliza Wrote: I don't really understand why people go to immediately lynch others in the first view hours. We literally have no information to go on. 

My best guess is it gets people talking.  The more people talk the more chances for scum to put their foot in their mouth.  There does seem to be an aversion to posts that are not High Content, probably because if you fluff post all day you seem to have participated but have not actually done anything.  That is my working theory anyway.

But then when I post high content, @TheGulegon calls me out for posting "The Great Wall of Aliza."  Tongue
Mafia members: Please tailor your difficulty rating for this game to my personal level. Cause it's all about me.  girl blushing

I think Rev is town because my knee-jerk reaction is to think that scum wouldn't be casting their net in my direction this early in the game. -I'm not digging my heels in the sand on that by any stretch of the imagination. We're at -1.5 hours before start and there's a lot of searching still to do. 

There are 9 players and as far as I'm concerned, there isn't a good reason to look at any one of us with undue suspicion.

(01-24-2019, 07:59 PM)EvieTheAvocado Wrote: Bollocks I fudged the quote up. Apologies.

Well I guess people will definitely be around sometime after 10.PM GMT if not sooner. I guess not everyone knows it was opened early (yet).

As for now I'll start a randa lynch.

Vote Paleophyte

Come on Evie. I can't very well shriek about my innocence without any accusation. Give me something flimsy to defend against.

(01-24-2019, 08:31 PM)mlmooney89 Wrote: Aliza does seem like a character we could put pressure on and her town self would be obvious. We can test this, I will jump on.

But we have no data on Alizascum to compare that to, so this line of reasoning is faulty.

Vote Mooney

Clearly you're Aliza's partner. Nice try at distancing. Big Grin

As a word from my beloved CD that helped teach me mafia. Town shouldn't waste time defending themselves when accused, they should continue to scum hunt. Paleo is new and most likely thinks he needs to prove himself town so I will hold it with a grain of salt but I did like how Aliza reacted to the vote on her. Instead of showing off towness she analyzed her accuser AND felt he was town.

Unvote
The following 2 users Like mlmooney89's post:
  • EvieTheAvocado, Aroura

(01-24-2019, 08:42 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:
(01-24-2019, 08:31 PM)mlmooney89 Wrote: Aliza does seem like a character we could put pressure on and her town self would be obvious. We can test this, I will jump on.

But we have no data on Alizascum to compare that to, so this line of reasoning is faulty.

Vote Mooney

Clearly you're Aliza's partner. Nice try at distancing. Big Grin

Lol me unvoting the same time you voted me kinda hinders your logic Tongue

You are right in that we don't have anything to really compare it to but we know what she is like as town and we know her personality (as much as you can from these few games worth of interaction) and she seems very bubbly and speaks her mind. I feel like scum Aliza would try to hide that. Or at least that is how I imagine scum Aliza...

@Aliza yes I know you said you think scum are less likely to vote for you. But I'm asking why you think so. What thought process is going on there.

Not trying to tunnel you, but I feel I'll have a better time solving the game if I can sort you early.

(01-24-2019, 08:54 PM)Assassin Wrote: @Aliza yes I know you said you think scum are less likely to vote for you. But I'm asking why you think so. What thought process is going on there.

Not trying to tunnel you, but I feel I'll have a better time solving the game if I can sort you early.

I think scum see that I'm still figuring things out. Game #4, I was perfectly happy to follow Smercury and Gully, and my logic wasn't sound in drawing people's attention to SO in that game. 

If I were scum, I'd be trying to take out the hardest people first if I could. Otherwise, I'd have to be content with an easy target and worry about playing against a more experienced player later on.
The following 1 user Likes Aliza's post:
  • Aroura

(01-24-2019, 08:54 PM)Assassin Wrote: @Aliza yes I know you said you think scum are less likely to vote for you. But I'm asking why you think so. What thought process is going on there.

I was thinking much the same thing, thus why the train.  Plus we have a lot of day left so we can afford to have multiple trains day 1 as long as we get some of that sweet sweet info.