Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are you currently watching on YouTube?

Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda
The following 1 user Likes Dānu's post:
  • KittyAnn

I purchased a smaller Sentry fire safe recently. It's a good thing I didn't buy it to safeguard my belongings against theft!

Vivekananda

Don't mistake me for those nice folks from Give-A-Shit county.
The following 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post:
  • KittyAnn

(02-02-2020, 07:11 PM)Dānu Wrote: I purchased a smaller Sentry fire safe recently.  It's a good thing I didn't buy it to safeguard my belongings against theft!

Hummmmm, all these videos on opening locks and safes.....are you planning something we should all know about?  Nod
                                                         T4618
The following 1 user Likes Dancefortwo's post:
  • Dānu

Is this sig thing on?

(02-04-2020, 11:45 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote:
(02-02-2020, 07:11 PM)Dānu Wrote: I purchased a smaller Sentry fire safe recently.  It's a good thing I didn't buy it to safeguard my belongings against theft!

Hummmmm, all these videos on opening locks and safes.....are you planning something we should all know about?  Nod

I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you. Do you lock your doors at night? If so, what kind of locks do you use?

Vivekananda
  • Dancefortwo

(02-06-2020, 01:05 AM)Dānu Wrote:
(02-04-2020, 11:45 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote:

I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.  Do you lock your doors at night?  If so, what kind of locks do you use?

No locks on the door but watch out for the ottoman and a couple of women with helmet hair. 

[Image: source.gif]
                                                         T4618
  • Dānu

Finally settled on a lock.

I haven't completely ruled out the alternative (below), but the two are comparable, with the latter being equal to or $35 more, depending upon choice of lock. The lock it comes with is okay, resists picking, but doesn't have the Kryptonite name. $35 is a lot for a name, but such things can mean the difference in whether your bike gets messed with or not.

Ultimately, picking is low risk. Leaving it in a low traffic area would expose the chain to potentially successful attacks. So I need to avoid that if the area is a prime thieving area.

Vivekananda
  • Dancefortwo

Scrubbed. Waiting for rescheduling and possible reasons.
Is this sig thing on?

Vivekananda
  • Alan V

I'm endlessly fascinated by singers and the body mechanics of it.  I can sing sort of on key but you can't hear me on the other side of the room.  These are all examples of pop singers not opera singers. 

T4618

Don't mistake me for those nice folks from Give-A-Shit county.
The following 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post:
  • Chas

Time Team.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 1 user Likes Minimalist's post:
  • Gawdzilla Sama

(02-11-2020, 10:41 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote: I'm endlessly fascinated by singers and the body mechanics of it.  I can sing sort of on key but you can't hear me on the other side of the room.  These are all examples of pop singers not opera singers. 

Support?  I think this 13 year-old has it intuitively, it seems just natural. (Wait for 3:45 into it. Yikes!)

“Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet. 
Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich.”
― Napoleon Bonaparte
The following 1 user Likes Chas's post:
  • Dancefortwo

I think I've found a new hobby. Not lockpicking itself, as that's beyond my dexterity. But the technology is fascinating.

Vivekananda
  • Dancefortwo

(02-12-2020, 08:41 PM)Dānu Wrote: I think I've found a new hobby.  Not lockpicking itself, as that's beyond my dexterity.  But the technology is fascinating.

Lockpicking technology sounds like a nice safe hobby.  I'd think it would keep you from getting all stressed out and keyed up.  Nod
                                                         T4618
  • Dānu

Is this sig thing on?

The following 1 user Likes no one's post:
  • jerry mcmasters

after the fact, but whatever.
Is this sig thing on?

Is this sig thing on?

I'm binge-watching these science videos.       Sun

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVs-1uG...0GNWgPWLzw

Example of content...

I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 1 user Likes SYZ's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” -Carl Sagan.

"The advantage of faith over reason, is that reason requires understanding. Which usually requires education; resources of time and money. 
Religion needs none of that. - It empowers the lowliest idiot to pretend that he is wiser than the wise, ignoring all the indications otherwise "
 - A. Ra
The following 1 user Likes M.Linoge's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

"The advantage of faith over reason, is that reason requires understanding. Which usually requires education; resources of time and money. 
Religion needs none of that. - It empowers the lowliest idiot to pretend that he is wiser than the wise, ignoring all the indications otherwise "
 - A. Ra