Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ban log peanut gallery (Warning: May contain nuts)

(05-16-2019, 01:55 PM)adey67 Wrote: Somehow I managed to avoid getting a negative rep from Ima goner, I'm not sure how because I confronted him with a few home truths on more than one occasion. Its a great shame he wouldn't engage with us honestly he might have learned something but his arrogance and Dunning Kruger got in the way. He may well have been 17 chronologically but his emotional / mental age was about 13 to 14 IMHO.

LOLOLOL!  "Ima Goner"....  That was great   Chuckle
                                                         T4618
The following 3 users Like Dancefortwo's post:
  • Aliza, Deesse23, adey67

[Image: f57tqh.jpg]
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda
The following 3 users Like Dānu's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus, Dancefortwo, brewerb

(05-16-2019, 03:55 PM)Phaedrus Wrote: To be honest, neg repping those who neg rep you isn't unreasonable.

Is why I clarified Angel
“We drift down time, clutching at straws. But what good's a brick to a drowning man?” 
The following 1 user Likes Vera's post:
  • Phaedrus

(05-16-2019, 04:44 PM)Dānu Wrote: [Image: f57tqh.jpg]

Present and accounted for.

(05-16-2019, 04:51 PM)Aliza Wrote:

[Image: Capturar.png]

Show ContentSpoiler:
“We drift down time, clutching at straws. But what good's a brick to a drowning man?” 
The following 2 users Like Vera's post:
  • Dom, Kim

He never negged me. I didn't neg him. I prefer to put my criticisms in a thread where people don't have to dig into the profile to see what I think of a poster, so I avoid negs almost all the time. I think I've given three or four in various forums over the ten years or so I've been on forums.
On hiatus.

(05-16-2019, 04:58 PM)Vera Wrote:
(05-16-2019, 04:51 PM)Aliza Wrote:

[Image: Capturar.png]

Show ContentSpoiler:

I was actually thinking that as I was posting it, but I didn't think anyone would get the distinction.   Tongue
The following 1 user Likes Aliza's post:
  • Dom

(05-16-2019, 05:42 PM)Aliza Wrote: I was actually thinking that as I was posting it, but I didn't think anyone would get the distinction.   Tongue

So what you mean is, you can pass?

[Image: 1362867662745781062.gif]

(I've annoyed people by arguing that Arabs are white before... it's just, if I'm gonna be arguing about something as poorly defined as race, I'd rather stick to what I know and this is the three "races" and yes, Jews and Arabs are white according to that one and everyone else can piss off. Or just admit that it is all unscientific and meaningless anyway.)
The following 1 user Likes Vera's post:
  • Kim

(05-16-2019, 07:14 AM)Mathilda Wrote: If anyone has a negative reputation given to them by Ima Belieber then please do say and I'll delete it. I don't have any way of seeing all the reps he has given. I've deleted the negative rep he gave to Cheerful Charlie and Vera.

Had I received a neg rep from that little troglodyte, I'd have worn it like a badge of honor.
[Image: Bastard-Signature.jpg]
The following 4 users Like TheGentlemanBastard's post:
  • Fireball, Thumpalumpacus, Tres Leches, Kim

(05-16-2019, 11:50 AM)Szuchow Wrote: Every fool banned is victory for the forum.

I always feel a greater sense of accomplishment when a troll goes away because they fail to get the reaction they wanted.  But when the house fills up with flies you need a swatter.
"Talk nonsense, but talk your own nonsense, and I'll kiss you for it. To go wrong in one's own way is better than to go right in someone else's. 
F. D.
The following 3 users Like Mark's post:
  • abaris, Tres Leches, Deesse23

(05-16-2019, 07:14 AM)Mathilda Wrote: If anyone has a negative reputation given to them by Ima Belieber then please do say and I'll delete it. I don't have any way of seeing all the reps he has given. I've deleted the negative rep he gave to Cheerful Charlie and Vera.

Oh, I was wondering Girl_nails
The following 4 users Like Vera's post:
  • TheGulegon, Dānu, Mathilda, Tres Leches

(05-16-2019, 03:55 PM)Phaedrus Wrote: To be honest, neg repping those who neg rep you isn't unreasonable.

A negative rep war is a bit childish and accomplishes little.

I don't know or care who the erstwhile Imabeliever negative-repped but I saw who gave him negative reps and most, if not all, would not have deserved a negative member rep. Edit to add: Especially from this clown so it's good to see those are being erased.

-Teresa
There is in the universe only one true divide, one real binary, life and death. Either you are living or you are not. Everything else is molten, malleable.

-Susan Faludi, In the Darkroom

Quote:But when the house fills up with flies you need a swatter.

Or throw the turds out.  Which is what was done.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”

I don't think any reps should be erased -- even negreps from a dumbass. Let that shit ride. Even Lincoln had folks vote against him. Even great guitarists drop a slag on Jimi Hendrix every so often. What of it? Of course we're gonna get folks who think rep matters, and will throw negs around.

It's all good, I say, don't clean up rep records, please.
On hiatus.

(05-17-2019, 12:41 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: I don't think any reps should be erased -- even negreps from a dumbass. Let that shit ride. Even Lincoln had folks vote against him. Even great guitarists drop a slag on Jimi Hendrix every so often. What of it? Of course we're gonna get folks who think rep matters, and will throw negs around.

You are to decline the offer.  Others are free to accept it.

(05-17-2019, 12:53 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:
(05-17-2019, 12:41 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: I don't think any reps should be erased -- even negreps from a dumbass. Let that shit ride. Even Lincoln had folks vote against him. Even great guitarists drop a slag on Jimi Hendrix every so often. What of it? Of course we're gonna get folks who think rep matters, and will throw negs around.

You are to decline the offer.  Others are free to accept it.

Really doesn't address my point, but thanks for contributing.
On hiatus.

(05-16-2019, 05:55 PM)Vera Wrote:
(05-16-2019, 05:42 PM)Aliza Wrote: I was actually thinking that as I was posting it, but I didn't think anyone would get the distinction.   Tongue

(I've annoyed people by arguing that Arabs are white before... it's just, if I'm gonna be arguing about something as poorly defined as race, I'd rather stick to what I know and this is the three "races" and yes, Jews and Arabs are white according to that one and everyone else can piss off. Or just admit that it is all unscientific and meaningless anyway.)

I'm caucasian, that's for sure. My skin is also really light. So as far as "passing" goes, I most definitely do pass.  Chuckle

But if you put me in a place where you might expect to find Jews (a synagogue or institute of higher learning), you might very well pick me out as a Jew because of my general appearance and mannerisms.

(05-17-2019, 02:04 AM)Aliza Wrote:
(05-16-2019, 05:55 PM)Vera Wrote:

I'm caucasian, that's for sure. My skin is also really light. So as far as "passing" goes, I most definitely do pass.  Chuckle

But if you put me in a place where you might expect to find Jews (a synagogue or institute of higher learning), you might very well pick me out as a Jew because of my general appearance and mannerisms.

It's the horns, right? Rolleyes  I will never in a million years understand how people can believe that.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.

(05-17-2019, 02:22 AM)Fireball Wrote: It's the horns, right? Rolleyes  I will never in a million years understand how people can believe that.

My horns are paste-ons.  Blush
The following 3 users Like Aliza's post:
  • Fireball, SYZ, Kim

(05-17-2019, 02:23 AM)Aliza Wrote:
(05-17-2019, 02:22 AM)Fireball Wrote: It's the horns, right? Rolleyes  I will never in a million years understand how people can believe that.

My horns are paste-ons.  Blush

Keeping up with the Cohens, right?  ROFL2
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
The following 2 users Like Fireball's post:
  • Aliza, Kim

Negrepping relies upon the premise that the recipient actually cares about rep scores.

Reply reps only tell the guy who negged you that he hit his target. 

Put that shit in a thread where everyone can see it.
On hiatus.
The following 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Fireball, Deesse23

(05-18-2019, 12:59 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:

Negrepping relies upon the premise that the recipient actually cares about rep scores.

Reply reps only tell the guy who negged you that he hit his target. 

Put that shit in a thread where everyone can see it.

The negative reps also just give the passive-aggressive shites some pleasure, methinks.
The following 1 user Likes Fireball's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus

One idiot less to pollute the forum.
The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.

That guy was as mad as a box of frogs, first time apart from Islamists that I've encountered anyone who believes jesus was actually the devil. Frankly I've never seen such frightened desperation to convince others that their theology is right, I mean a threefold extinction event for humans? Not even WLC would be so retarded.
The whole point of having cake is to eat it Cake_Feast

Who's been banned?
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
The following 1 user Likes abaris's post:
  • Minimalist