Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dear Hoarders.

Dear Hoarders.
When this shit settles down and thing return to the new normal please consider donating some of that stuff you're totally sick of eating to the local food banks. And schools will take five thousand rolls of toilet paper without too many questions, I think. They have to pay for it too.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]
The following 7 users Like Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Phaedrus, Deesse23, Dom, Paleophyte, brewerb, Bcat, Dancefortwo

Dear Hoarders.
I was busy building up the stock pile in preparation for Brexit. That's still to happen. Besides, we regularly keep a stock pile even without any trouble on the horizon. Stockpiles aren't something you can panic buy but need to build up over months or years. You need to learn how to use it and do proper stock rotation.
The following 2 users Like Mathilda's post:
  • Dom, brewerb

Dear Hoarders.
I keep a stock pile regularly also - mainly for winter months when I don't want to drive on ice just to go to the store, or I end up without electricity and need foods I can eat without cooking.
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 2 users Like Dom's post:
  • brewerb, Bcat

Dear Hoarders.
Well I suck at stockpiling. I am accustomed to buying a little every couple days as needed. But we've gone about a week and a half since our last grocery run now. Before we go again I plan to empty the freezer and make a list of what we have. I have bag of onions a couple of potatoes and maybe a pound of carrots on hand so I was thinking about the corned beef I had around St Patrick's day and thinking that would be a nice thing to eat for about a week again. But it depends on what I find down there. I know I have a bag of ribs which are really old and taking up a lot of space. Ribs stew?
"Talk nonsense, but talk your own nonsense, and I'll kiss you for it. To go wrong in one's own way is better than to go right in someone else's. 
F. D.
The following 1 user Likes Mark's post:
  • brewerb

Dear Hoarders.
I end up donating food directly to my kid, cuts out the middle man, saves on time, gas and my pocket book.

I do support the local nonreligious homeless shelter, some stuff might go there.
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 
The following 1 user Likes brewerb's post:
  • Mark

Dear Hoarders.
(04-06-2020, 03:40 PM)Dom Wrote: I keep a stock pile regularly also - mainly for winter months when I don't want to drive on ice just to go to the store, or I end up without electricity and need foods I can eat without cooking.

We live in the heart of Tornado Alley. We keep two weeks worth of basics on hand all the time. (We've had tornadoes on New Year's Eve.)

https://www.weather.gov/ind/palmsuntor
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Bcat