Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mafia Game #1 - Plain old Vanilla mafia

(12-09-2018, 05:34 PM)Mathilda Wrote:
(12-09-2018, 05:23 PM)Aliza Wrote:
(12-09-2018, 09:56 AM)Mathilda Wrote: So I hope the new players enjoyed playing and that you want to continue playing future games. I think everyone did really well and it was a delight to see really get into it. I was just chuckling away watching people get into debates about people's alignments and motivation from information we generated ourselves.

I definitely enjoyed it and I will play in the future.

That long post you made describing the case where anyone could be scum. As I read that I thought, oh, she's got the bug now.

If I could have just gotten Paleo to let go of his grip on the Lynch Aliza campaign, Smerc would have been my target. At one point I thought Aroura was switching to Smerc and I was more than ready to get behind it. @Paleophyte wasn't letting go, though. He saw what we wanted to see, and that was the end of that.

@Tartarus Sauce said he has no problem lynching me or throwing me under the bus.

Bad Tarty! Bad!
The following 3 users Like Aliza's post:
  • EvieTheAvocado, Tartarus Sauce, Paleophyte

If you guys lynched Smerc instead of Aliza then I wonder if I would have still been able to win that game by myself or not.
My Argument Against Free Will Wrote:(1) Ultimately, to control your actions you have to originate your original nature.

(2) But you can't originate your original nature—it's already there.

(3) So, ultimately, you can't control your actions.
The following 1 user Likes EvieTheAvocado's post:
  • Smercury44

(12-09-2018, 05:42 PM)Aliza Wrote: If I could have just gotten Paleo to let go of his grip on the Lynch Aliza campaign, Smerc would have been my target. At one point I thought Aroura was switching to Smerc and I was more than ready to get behind it. @Paleophyte wasn't letting go, though. He saw what we wanted to see, and that was the end of that.

Yup, I got target focused. That's the difference between knowledge and experience. The game does some interesting things with psychology, that's for sure.

I looked at some of the games on AF and I don't think I'll be playing there. Wrong feel. And it doesn't seem to be active.
The following 5 users Like Paleophyte's post:
  • Aliza, Smercury44, Joods, EvieTheAvocado, mlmooney89

(12-10-2018, 12:37 AM)Paleophyte Wrote:
(12-09-2018, 05:42 PM)Aliza Wrote: If I could have just gotten Paleo to let go of his grip on the Lynch Aliza campaign, Smerc would have been my target. At one point I thought Aroura was switching to Smerc and I was more than ready to get behind it. @Paleophyte wasn't letting go, though. He saw what we wanted to see, and that was the end of that.

Yup, I got target focused. That's the difference between knowledge and experience. The game does some interesting things with psychology, that's for sure.

I looked at some of the games on AF and I don't think I'll be playing there. Wrong feel. And it doesn't seem to be active.

Yep.... the mentality over there seems to be, "hey... let's all wait until one or two hours before the day phase ends to start commenting and posting."
      Christianity: 
God meddles in the affairs of humans in a small part the Earth for 1500 years, giving one tribal society rules to live by.
He stops all direct contact for the next 2,000 years, leaving us with a metaphorical set of instructions.
The following 1 user Likes Joods's post:
  • EvieTheAvocado

Y'all shouldn't let me play mafia anymore. I was 100% wrong about everything. lol Sorry y'all. In my defense it was day one and we were working off next to nothing.

Also I noticed someone was talking about 2 week day phases. Yeah those suck. I played two games on that site before going white girl and saying omg I can even.
The following 2 users Like mlmooney89's post:
  • EvieTheAvocado, Joods

*Can't even. I am so unfunny I screw up my own joke lines...
The following 3 users Like mlmooney89's post:
  • Aliza, EvieTheAvocado, Joods

(12-10-2018, 12:37 AM)Paleophyte Wrote: Yup, I got target focused. That's the difference between knowledge and experience. The game does some interesting things with psychology, that's for sure.

It's a known phenomenon called tunneling. It's very easy to fall into that trap.

(12-10-2018, 12:37 AM)Paleophyte Wrote: I looked at some of the games on AF and I don't think I'll be playing there. Wrong feel. And it doesn't seem to be active.

Attendance has been declining for a while now and then after the forum imploded many of the AF players came here. But then mafia was played on TFTSNBN long before it was on AF and eventually came to a halt there as well.
The following 1 user Likes Mathilda's post:
  • EvieTheAvocado

(12-10-2018, 05:36 PM)mlmooney89 Wrote: Y'all shouldn't let me play mafia anymore. I was 100% wrong about everything. lol Sorry y'all. In my defense it was day one and we were working off next to nothing.

Also I noticed someone was talking about 2 week day phases. Yeah those suck. I played two games on that site before going white girl and saying omg I can even.

What annoyed me most about mafiascum was that if you didn't deliberately blend in to sound and play like absolutely everyone else then you'd get tunnelled by everyone for an entire week before finally getting lynched.
The following 2 users Like Mathilda's post:
  • EvieTheAvocado, mlmooney89

(12-08-2018, 11:41 PM)Smercury44 Wrote: Sweet 9lb 7oz baby Jesus it’s over Weeping I hate being scum, it stresses me out so much and I hate lying to people or maligning them falsely.

I was lucky to be on Evie’s team Big Grin but I’m proud I held my own a bit with how rusty I am. People were on me DAY 1 and I had to keep slippery Rofl2

If I hadn't been NKed on night two you would have been my primary target after I saw Aliza's defence.

As it is, I always expect to get lynched or assassinated on day / night 2.
The following 1 user Likes Mathilda's post:
  • EvieTheAvocado