Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mafia Game #2 - Simple Vanilla but with doc / cop icing!

(12-28-2018, 08:01 AM)Arden Portis Wrote: Anyhow, you guys can have this your little Mafia games and "new" forum.
No longer interested. 

There's too much TRASH here from that other atheist forum to be to my liking.

Carry on.

Well... I'd like you to consider staying on the forum even if Mafia isn't your cup of tea. I think you can make good contributions there. As for Mafia, it can be very easy for people to find themselves very drawn into the drama and forget that they're playing a game. That's all this is, though. It's just a game. 

Maybe you really do know your mind very well and you will leave and never return. -But maybe you just need some time to cool off after an intense game. I hope the latter is the case.

I hope you reconsider your position in a few days even if you just stick to the main boards and not the game boards.

Mafia can be a very heated game, and sometimes there is drama. I've never seen Mooney be a problem, and I've played with her for years. If drama does happen, she ignores it and continues playing.
I just looked, yep. It's been over two years I've played with her. We have, I should say, as many of us have.

I don't know if I should put up the next sign up, or wait for people to cool off. I don't want to force a game, or be inconsiderate.
The following 4 users Like Aroura's post:
  • Joods, mlmooney89, Paleophyte, EvieTheAvocado

To be clear, Mooney wasn't a problem here, either. She played the same as always, staying on topic and not getting personal.
@mlmooney89 ~hugs.
The following 3 users Like Aroura's post:
  • mlmooney89, Paleophyte, EvieTheAvocado

I don't see why you shouldn't put the sign up thread up. Put me down for the first slot Big Grin
      Christianity: 
God meddles in the affairs of humans in a small part the Earth for 1500 years, giving one tribal society rules to live by.
He stops all direct contact for the next 2,000 years, leaving us with a metaphorical set of instructions.
The following 4 users Like Joods's post:
  • Aroura, mlmooney89, Paleophyte, EvieTheAvocado

(12-28-2018, 08:01 AM)Arden Portis Wrote: Anyhow, you guys can have this your little Mafia games and "new" forum.
No longer interested. 

There's too much TRASH here from that other atheist forum to be to my liking.

Carry on.

I think that you need to step back from the keyboard and take a look at how poorly you're acting about a game. The way you're behaving right now makes me think that Mooney gave you too much credit when she called you a five year old.
The following 5 users Like Paleophyte's post:
  • Smercury44, Joods, mlmooney89, Aroura, EvieTheAvocado

(12-28-2018, 10:29 AM)Joods Wrote: I don't see why you shouldn't put the sign up thread up. Put me down for the first slot Big Grin

The Tartyliza Symbiote is ready to play again. 

... BTW, I actually replied to the wrong person, and I decided to test to see what users see if I delete a post here in Mafia. That's an obvious cheat advantage that mods would have that may need to be taken into consideration. Does anyone see the post where I responded to @Paleophyte instead of Joods?
The following 2 users Like Aliza's post:
  • Aroura, EvieTheAvocado

I don’t see the deleted post other than in mod actions. I don’t think that’s a cheat because no good member of the forum team would do anything like that.
[Image: 320-C6-ED7-97-CD-4-AB2-A60-A-759-A45-FB7-FE8.jpg]
"The Thinking Atheist forum" “The Thinking Atheist forum closed down" “TTA Forum”
The following 2 users Like Smercury44's post:
  • mlmooney89, EvieTheAvocado

(12-28-2018, 05:47 PM)Smercury44 Wrote: I don’t see the deleted post other than in mod actions. I don’t think that’s a cheat because no good member of the forum team would do anything like that.

I agree... we don't ever delete posts, but I'd like to cover for weaknesses in the event of an accident.

Considering that we don't delete posts as a matter of policy, I think it would be a stretch to delete one on accident.
  • Smercury44, EvieTheAvocado

Let me say, I'm happy working with the honor system with all of you folks. You know you shouldn't delete or edit posts. If it happens on accident, PM the game mod and I'm sure it won't be a big deal. I wouldn't mod kill someone unless they did it repeatedly.
The following 2 users Like Aroura's post:
  • Joods, EvieTheAvocado

(12-28-2018, 08:40 PM)Aroura Wrote: Let me say, I'm happy working with the honor system with all of you folks.  You know you shouldn't delete or edit posts. If it happens on accident, PM the game mod and I'm sure it won't be a big deal.  I wouldn't mod kill someone unless they did it repeatedly.

Yeah, I'm also fine with the honor system. 

It's the goof-up system I'm concerned about. And also still learning how things work from a technical perspective. Girl_yes2
The following 3 users Like Aliza's post:
  • Aroura, Joods, EvieTheAvocado

omg, I totally forgot about this smiley.

slapfight
  • EvieTheAvocado, Tartarus Sauce

(12-29-2018, 05:41 AM)Aliza Wrote: slapfight

[Image: XH8isI.gif]
My Argument Against Free Will Wrote:(1) Ultimately, to control your actions you have to originate your original nature.

(2) But you can't originate your original nature—it's already there.

(3) So, ultimately, you can't control your actions.
The following 2 users Like EvieTheAvocado's post:
  • Aliza, Tartarus Sauce