Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AD's first ever official rep-whoring thread

(12-01-2018, 09:13 PM)Aliza Wrote:
(12-01-2018, 09:10 PM)EvieTheAvocado Wrote: I even gave neutral reps out to the people I was yet to make an assessment either way on Deadpan Coffee Drinker

I noticed that! Personally, I've always just gone for green unless I have really good reason not to.

I would do that but then it would seem that neutral reps end up getting perceived as slightly negative and I don't want that. I'm a very neutral person 90% of the time and it would bother me if that neutrality got mistaken for negativity!

Each to their own though! Truly! I'm sure that most people see it your way as well Smile
My Argument Against Free Will Wrote:(1) Ultimately, to control your actions you have to originate your original nature.

(2) But you can't originate your original nature—it's already there.

(3) So, ultimately, you can't control your actions.

(12-01-2018, 07:47 PM)KevinM1 Wrote: So, do I just hang out on the street corner, or what?

"Show us more leg Darlin'!"
The following 6 users Like Mathilda's post:
  • EvieTheAvocado, Smercury44, TheGentlemanBastard, Kim, KevinM1, Vera

Well, I would, but I'm too lazy to take my trousers off right now.
My Argument Against Free Will Wrote:(1) Ultimately, to control your actions you have to originate your original nature.

The following 1 user Likes EvieTheAvocado's post:
  • Vera

(12-01-2018, 08:01 PM)EvieTheAvocado Wrote: Is this "open season" thing going to be something that happens once a year or something?

Is the 1st of December Rep Open Season Day?

15 years from now we'll be singing odes to mythical chocolate teapots while wearing tacos on our heads and clinking glasses full of alcohol.
The following 5 users Like Mathilda's post:
  • EvieTheAvocado, Aliza, Smercury44, KevinM1, Vera

Bahahahahahah.

(12-01-2018, 08:04 PM)EvieTheAvocado Wrote: Well, I'll give my opinion then.

I think an Annual Rep Whoring Day would be quite a fun AD tradition to have. Big Grin Who's with me?

(December 1st).

Annual Official Rep Whoring Day.

There may be some unofficial ones throughout the year from people trying to cash in on the idea.
The following 3 users Like Mathilda's post:
  • EvieTheAvocado, KevinM1, adey67

(12-01-2018, 09:23 PM)Mathilda Wrote:
(12-01-2018, 07:47 PM)KevinM1 Wrote: So, do I just hang out on the street corner, or what?

That rules out the street corner for me. You do not want to see these legs!
[Image: Bastard-Signature.jpg]
The following 2 users Like TheGentlemanBastard's post:
  • EvieTheAvocado, Vera

[Image: CPKftp3.png]
The following 7 users Like TheGulegon's post:
  • Aliza, Kim, EvieTheAvocado, KevinM1, adey67, JesseB, Vera

(12-01-2018, 09:13 PM)TheGulegon Wrote: Consider  Is it like man-whoring?  Angel

Yes.

Pics or we can't determine if it qualified.
The following 4 users Like Mathilda's post:
  • TheGulegon, EvieTheAvocado, Kim, KevinM1

(12-01-2018, 09:26 PM)TheGentlemanBastard Wrote:

I live in the land of the kilt wearing Scottish.

I've overcome the trauma ... Whistling
  • EvieTheAvocado, TheGentlemanBastard, KevinM1, Vera

(12-01-2018, 09:25 PM)Mathilda Wrote: 15 years from now we'll be singing odes to mythical chocolate teapots while wearing tacos on our heads and clinking glasses full of alcohol.

Whaaaa?  

Wait  Confused  you can see me?!  

Aaaahhhh ....   Panic

(12-01-2018, 09:29 PM)Mathilda Wrote:
(12-01-2018, 09:26 PM)TheGentlemanBastard Wrote:
(12-01-2018, 09:23 PM)Mathilda Wrote: "Show us more leg Darlin'!"

I've overcome the trauma ...  Whistling

I can never get enough of Jamie Frasier's legs in a kilt.
The following 2 users Like Aliza's post:
  • Mathilda, KevinM1

(12-01-2018, 09:26 PM)Mathilda Wrote:
(12-01-2018, 08:04 PM)EvieTheAvocado Wrote: Well, I'll give my opinion then.

I think an Annual Rep Whoring Day would be quite a fun AD tradition to have. Big Grin Who's with me?

(December 1st).

Annual Official Rep Whoring Day.

There may be some unofficial ones throughout the year from people trying to cash in on the idea.

Yes, yes, yes! You're the Empress of these here parts (and we know who's the Goddess), and what the Staff says goes, they can have as many unofficial rep whoring days as they like!

I just think it would be a really fun tradition to also have an official rep whoring day on top of that ... once a year ... on December 1st ... to celebrate the glory of AD and its members ... where reps are unlimited for a brief period just as they were today on this December 1st this year Smile

The following 2 users Like EvieTheAvocado's post:
  • Marozz, outtathereligioncloset

(12-01-2018, 09:31 PM)Aliza Wrote:
(12-01-2018, 09:29 PM)Mathilda Wrote:
(12-01-2018, 09:26 PM)TheGentlemanBastard Wrote: That rules out the street corner for me. You do not want to see these legs!

I've overcome the trauma ...  Whistling

I can never get enough of Jamie Frasier's legs in a kilt.

There is a definite 'Outlander' effect up here for women with a certain taste ...
The following 3 users Like Mathilda's post:
  • Kim, Aliza, EvieTheAvocado

(12-01-2018, 09:30 PM)Kim Wrote:
(12-01-2018, 09:25 PM)Mathilda Wrote: 15 years from now we'll be singing odes to mythical chocolate teapots while wearing tacos on our heads and clinking glasses full of alcohol.

Whaaaa?  

Wait  Confused  you can see me?!  

Aaaahhhh ....   Panic

Oh? Haven't you heard? Haven't you heard the good bad creepy fantastic news? Of the great big surveillance camera in the sky? That totally isn't watching everyone masturbate as much as possible? [ ... watching them as often as possible, I mean, not everyone is masturbating as much as possible. That may just be me there].

Lol this thread would have been considered bad form on TFTSNBN.
The whole point of having cake is to eat it Cake_Feast
The following 3 users Like adey67's post:
  • JesseB, EvieTheAvocado, jerry mcmasters

(12-01-2018, 11:28 PM)adey67 Wrote: Lol this thread would have been considered bad form on TFTSNBN.

Those admin didn't want to join us, and we've got a whole new set of users from AF who probably feel differently.

So there, @DLJ! Take that!
The following 1 user Likes Aliza's post:
  • adey67

Who do I have to blow? Wait what? >.>

I don't understand this... I thought rep was earned (both positive, and negative) based on the quality of our arguments and actions, but this is interesting. Good luck ya'll.

Ya know, I wouldn't mind a rep or two...

I am a such a shameless bastard
The following 1 user Likes Cypher44's post:
  • TheGentlemanBastard

(12-01-2018, 11:32 PM)JesseB Wrote: Who do I have to blow? Wait what? >.>

I don't understand this... I thought rep was earned (both positive, and negative) based on the quality of our arguments and actions, but this is interesting. Good luck ya'll.

You can still rep based on quality... but sometimes people have to wait to rep people when they reach their limit and then they forget to do it.
  • JesseB

(12-01-2018, 11:34 PM)Aliza Wrote:

You can still rep based on quality... but sometimes people have to wait to rep people when they reach their limit and then they forget to do it.

I have a bunch of people that need reps, I haven't forgotten.... I just like to make my rep comments clever and that takes a lot of time and effort for me lol. Hopefully they'll be patient while I catch up.
The following 1 user Likes JesseB's post:
  • Aliza

(12-01-2018, 11:35 PM)JesseB Wrote:
(12-01-2018, 11:34 PM)Aliza Wrote:

I have a bunch of people that need reps, I haven't forgotten.... I just like to make my rep comments clever and that takes a lot of time and effort for me lol. Hopefully they'll be patient while I catch up.

@Mathilda authorized me to open the reps-per-user limit again today, so if you're looking to catch up on some people, this might be a good time.

(12-01-2018, 11:30 PM)Aliza Wrote:
(12-01-2018, 11:28 PM)adey67 Wrote: Lol this thread would have been considered bad form on TFTSNBN.

Those admin didn't want to join us, and we've got a whole new set of users from AF who probably feel differently.

I think that this sort of thread is fun and awesome.

So I disagree with DLJ on this matter. And I doubt that he could come up with coherent reasons, that I couldn't knock down, for disallowing a thread that improves the whole website's atmosphere and allows people to have a lot of fun.

However, I still have a lot of respect for @DLJ as a debater and for his detached attitude in debates—and I wish more people debated like that, reminds me of me (not because I'm better but because I feel less alone when I meet people I can relate to)— and I really like the guy.

The following 1 user Likes EvieTheAvocado's post:
  • adey67

(12-01-2018, 11:44 PM)EvieTheAvocado Wrote:
(12-01-2018, 11:30 PM)Aliza Wrote:

I think that this sort of thread is fun and awesome.

So I disagree with DLJ on this matter. And I doubt that he could come up with coherent reasons, that I couldn't knock down, for disallowing a thread that improves the whole website's atmosphere and allows people to have a lot of fun.

However, I still have a lot of respect for @DLJ as a debater and for his detached attitude in debates—and I wish more people debated like that, reminds me of me— and I really like the guy.

@DLJ didn't voice a position either way. He's just the only TTA administrator around to blame.
  • EvieTheAvocado

Oh yes we're going to turn this forum into a den of inequity and decadence. Girl_devil
  • Aliza, EvieTheAvocado, TheGentlemanBastard, Vera