Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What are you doing right now?

(09-22-2020, 01:37 AM)Dānu Wrote: Reading about SSD technology.  Pondering what drive to choose for my Linux box.  It's likely to come down to the Adata XPG SX8200 Pro vs. the WD Black.  My impression is that the WD Black has better rounded performance and firmware, but it also would likely cost a little more, and I'm just not sure that's worth it.

Some of my SSDs are WD Black.  No failures, great performance.  Also good are the Samsung EVOs.
“Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet. 
Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich.”
― Napoleon Bonaparte

I was looking up Mormon underwear for a response to a thread and I typed in moron underwear by mistake.  Mormon underwear still came up at the top of the list in the search results though.  Seems about right  Deadpan Coffee Drinker
The following 3 users Like Bcat's post:
  • Little Lunch, Fireball, Chas

Relaxing with a coke and some TV.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda
The following 1 user Likes Dānu's post:
  • Little Lunch

I’m hungry.  Breakfast!
The following 1 user Likes Bcat's post:
  • Gwaithmir

Playing PC Scrabble.  Smile
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)
The following 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post:
  • Bcat

Sitting here at my desk at work in a mildly stunned state, because things are actually working out. About to go live with one project that's been on hold since late July, I figured out a simpler way to classify things, and my inbox count is going down instead of up.

Just paid a plumber to snake out the main drain. There are some jobs I'm just not going to do any more, and that is one of them.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
The following 1 user Likes Fireball's post:
  • Little Lunch

Dinking around on the forum on my phone. I didn't do anything productive this morning or yesterday, so the afternoon I'll have to get busy.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

[Image: tequila-cat.jpg]

Vivekananda
  • Little Lunch

Taking my meds and making another cup of coffee.  Deadpan Coffee Drinker
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)

Drinking coffee, catching up on the forums, and reading the manual for my new motherboard.

Vivekananda

Drinking a latte, attempting to get motivated for the day, and hearing my neighbor scream at his repair man from across the street.  Ugh, fuckkkkin' people.

Ugh.  My neighbor is forever doing something to his yard LOUDLY. Using power tools all day long, tearing down his fence, putting up a new one, working on pieces of the fence, which requires him to peer into my backyard for several hours.  Anyway, it's been worse with Covid, since he now has shitloads of free time on his hands.  I have a lemon tree in my backyard and I feel like sitting out there in a lawn chair and pelting him with lemons  Tongue Also, guess what, your yard still looks like shit.
The following 3 users Like Bcat's post:
  • Fireball, Gwaithmir, Little Lunch

Following news on a live-on-air stroke suffered by Ron Paul.
Is this sig thing on?

Having a beer. Schell's Deer Brand. It's nice. Straight-up pilsner, without as much harshness as a lot of American pilsners.

Vivekananda
  • Bcat

I did some meatloaf in the crockpot, because I had extra BBQ sauce from earlier crockpotting some boneless pork ribs. The meatloaf was composed otherwise of ground turkey, Worcs. sauce, soy sauce, the last of my garam masala, cajun seasoning, egg white, Ritz crackers and panko bread crumbs. This'll be good tomorrow as a meatloaf sub, but it is completely loose. Last time I crockpot meatloaf. I like doing meatloaf right.
Is this sig thing on?
The following 1 user Likes c172's post:
  • Little Lunch

Reading about file systems on Linux and debating various options.

Vivekananda

Watching football and more reading about OSes and filesystems.

Vivekananda

Bought a new shop vac with nifty crevice attachments. I'm finding all kinds of places to suck that I've never sucked before.
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 
The following 2 users Like brewerb's post:
  • Gwaithmir, Little Lunch

Lying in bed listening to music.

Vivekananda
  • Little Lunch

Hanging out in haystacks looking for tiny needles yet again. I saw Irrational Man recently on the web, perhaps thinking it was another movie. The movie I was thinking of starred some guy that looked vaguely like Seth Rogen but was definitely not him. He was a college professor in Illinois (maybe U of I or ISU). Wore glasses and a bandana in the hair, I think. This movie I could swear was based closely on a real guy, and he eventually retired east of LA and died.

I really need to stay away from hay.
Is this sig thing on?
The following 1 user Likes c172's post:
  • Little Lunch

(09-26-2020, 08:48 PM)brewerb Wrote: Bought a new shop vac with nifty crevice attachments. I'm finding all kinds of places to suck that I've never sucked before.

I did the same thing right after I had a central vacuum cleaning system installed. I spent most of that week cleaning the cellar. I even sucked all the yellowjackets out of a nest they had made under the siding on my house.  Big Grin
The following 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post:
  • brewerb

(09-23-2020, 02:38 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote: Playing PC Scrabble.  Smile

Have you tried Pogo.com?
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]

Administering electric shocks to my central nervous system.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]

Why?