Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What are you doing right now?

(11-09-2019, 07:48 AM)NorthernBen Wrote:
(11-09-2019, 04:25 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:
(11-06-2019, 10:55 PM)NorthernBen Wrote: Looking at the back of my wife's head, she's ignoring me tonight. Don't know what I've done, or more likely haven't done.

The first eight words of that were so sexy, but then no, I had to keep reading.

LOL. If I ever start a sentence with 'My wife has had two glasses of wine' then it might be worth your while reading Big Grin

Yair .My ex seldom  drank; she would have the occasional glass of   liquer or a very good port.

This night, we were celebrating having paid off the house , in 18 months.   I bought a bottle of French champagne.  It was fantastic . I kept urging her to drink more. "drink it,  (insert endearment)  it's $2 an ounce!" Well, she had two glasses.  It was a memorable  night.

made a bit of a big smoothie for tomorrow, with an avocado, protein powder, coconut milk.

Checking a ranking list of European countries while cooking.

https://www.farandwide.com/s/european-co...rm=msn-msn
"The advantage of faith over reason, is that reason requires understanding. Which usually requires education; resources of time and money. 
Religion needs none of that. - It empowers the lowliest idiot to pretend that he is wiser than the wise, ignoring all the indications otherwise "
 - A. Ra
The following 1 user Likes M.Linoge's post:
  • Tres Leches

My ILS worker and I went to Midtown Global Village and I bought $80 of assorted Mexican and Middle Eastern candies and treats for stocking stuffers for Christmas. And I got the gift cards at an artist supported specialty art card store there. I've spent my $100 for stocking stuffers, etcetera, for Christmas, but I've still got a few assorted items like gift bags, bows, and wrapping paper to go. So I'll have to add a little to my Christmas budget. And I'll probably get cheese, sausage, and cracker samplers and more candy, so I think I'll plan on another $50-100 for miscellaneous Christmas expenses and stocking stuffers. I think I've figured out most of what I'm getting two of the three people I'm buying gifts for, but I need to work on the third. Gonna watch football tonight, but I'll have to set aside some time this week to think about what to get my other sister.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

Second cup of coffee. Almost awake.

Really going to visit a sick friend later. Actually, that's misleading. I'm going to see my friend (singular) later. To change the dressing on a nasty ulcer.

Will also get another 10 kg of lemons. I managed to use the first lot--I love lemon cheesecake , lemon meringue pie and lemon squash (lemonade to Americans) and of course lemon chicken

I've been drinking a bunch of French vanilla K-cups from Target this evening. I don't normally like flavored coffees, but this is quite enjoyable, and Target's store brand is nicely priced.

Watching Wheel Of Fortune while I wait for game time to roll around.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

Played clarinet at a Remembrance Day event earlier today, then holed up in a coffee shop on the way home and had dessert.

When I got home, I moved three sheets of drywall into the house (too cold today to cut it in the garage!), rough-cut it in the downstairs hallway, and brought the six smaller pieces upstairs. Just finished trimming and installing a couple of them and am taking a break.
The following 1 user Likes Astreja's post:
  • Fireball

[Image: 3g3cv7.jpg]

Vivekananda

A little bird told me that I hadn't repped a member who joined a few months back and has been active here. So many months go by without using that function that I forget it exists. Whenever this happens I get a bad feeling about the many times that little bird doesn't tweet shit.
"Talk nonsense, but talk your own nonsense, and I'll kiss you for it. To go wrong in one's own way is better than to go right in someone else's. 
F. D.

(11-10-2019, 05:28 PM)Dānu Wrote: ...For some reason, which I still don't know, it's started booting straight to Windows without displaying any BIOS boot screen.  That's not what's supposed to happen, and fixing that is also rather tedious and involved, but as long as the system is functional, I can ignore it until I have the time and inclination to fix it.  In the meantime, I'll just keep using it, even if the long bootup delay is somewhat unnerving.  Thank God it's nothing particularly serious.

If it was re-booting itself after installing updates or it froze during updates, it will go straight to Windows without an actual bIOS re-boot.
“Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet. 
Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich.”
― Napoleon Bonaparte
The following 1 user Likes Chas's post:
  • Dānu

Spent a good part of yesterday sorting/inventorying photo gear.  There are several businesses that buy used gear (KEH, BH Photo, Adorama) and I knew I had good stuff I don't use much or at all.
Packed up a big box with a couple of film cameras, 5 lenses, flash gear, clamps and lens collars, etc.  I'm hoping to get a good price for it and subsidizing some new stuff that I'll eventually sell back to get even newer stuff ...

The shipping is free and I only recently discovered that you can ship UPS from a Staples store.  So I did.
― Napoleon Bonaparte

Drinking a glass of cognac. It warms the cockles of my heart.  Big Grin
The following 5 users Like Marozz's post:
  • grympy, M.Linoge, Dānu, Dom, skyking

Just got back from work. I am now going to do as little as possible for as long as possible.
He loves me?  Facepalm
The following 1 user Likes NorthernBen's post:
  • M.Linoge

(11-12-2019, 10:04 PM)NorthernBen Wrote: Just got back from work. I am now going to do as little as possible for as long as possible.

Are you by any chance a civil servant?  Tongue
The following 1 user Likes grympy's post:
  • NorthernBen

Drinking French vanilla coffee, watching the Bears / Lions game, and restarting the copying of data to the new 4TB RAID 1 array. From USB here over the network via ethernet it was going at a snail's pace, so I hooked the drives directly up to SATA ports on the file server. Much better.

Vivekananda

It's 0908 Wednesday 13 Nov

Sitting here in my dressing gown (bathrobe) almost ready for the day. Will have another cup of coffee and read the Huff Post US,UK and Canada . Then I'm going for a drive to Hahndorf , a small town in the Adelaide Hills, settled by Germans in 1839. (3 years after the foundation of South Australia)

It's also a town arse deep in quaint, at times excruciatingly so. Still fun though,I'll take some photos and have a coffee.
The following 1 user Likes grympy's post:
  • Tres Leches

Discovering that although I ordered the analog Air Fryer on October 31st, I didn't pick it up until November 5th, so it is eligible for return until January, 2020. This matters because the digital Air Fryer that I ordered has been delayed. Which makes no sense, as the online ordering system indicates they have them in-stock at the local store. All I care about, though, is that I'll get one or the other, regardless of what happens now.

Vivekananda

A cup of white chocolate hot cocoa and American Experience on PBS.

Vivekananda

Just score Tix for Eric Johnson at the Paramount, Jan. 25th! I've missed his show the last three times he was in Denver and got progressively more pissed off each time. Now I've got orchestra level, fifth row seating! Big Grin
[Image: Bastard-Signature.jpg]
The following 2 users Like TheGentlemanBastard's post:
  • Dānu, skyking

Dropped the kids off at school, there's temporary traffic lights right outside my road Grrrr.. It's taken 40 minutes when normally it's 20 minutes tops. Going to make a big breakfast and then have a kip.
He loves me?  Facepalm

Home. My homemaker will be here in a few hours, so I need to make a list of special tasks for him to do today to keep him busy, but for now, I sit.

I'm beginning to think that my connection to the forum would be more reliable if Mathilda simply replaced the internet with two tin cans and a string.

Vivekananda

Digging out and donning real winter clothes, doing 3 or 4 layers.
Wednesday is the day we shoot in the Fall Trap League and it is in the 20's with 20+mph wind.

At least it's sunny. Dodgy
― Napoleon Bonaparte

(11-13-2019, 07:10 PM)Chas Wrote: Digging out and donning real winter clothes, doing 3 or 4 layers.
Wednesday is the day we shoot in the Fall Trap League and it is in the 20's with 20+mph wind.

At least it's sunny. Dodgy

Is the range at least facing north so that you have the sun behind you? It's hard to believe how many gun ranges I've been to where they face east or west, or even south.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.

Watching This Is Us on telly and drinking Gin.
He loves me?  Facepalm

Trying to make some old hard drives run again so I can retrieve the data.
"The advantage of faith over reason, is that reason requires understanding. Which usually requires education; resources of time and money. 
Religion needs none of that. - It empowers the lowliest idiot to pretend that he is wiser than the wise, ignoring all the indications otherwise "
 - A. Ra