Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What are you doing right now?

(10-04-2020, 07:14 PM)TonyAnkle Wrote: I'm laughing at the half time score from Villa Park Big Grin

Me too!

7 (Seven) 2

Love it when the brackets with the spelled out score is deployed.  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
The following 1 user Likes Finite Monkeys's post:
  • TonyAnkle

Watching the Bills vs. the Raiders.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

(10-04-2020, 08:28 PM)Dānu Wrote: Watching the Bills vs. the Raiders.

I find it rather hypocritical that when the NFL was expanding the league from 28 to 30 teams. Portland, Or. was told they would never get a team due to state sanctioned NFL betting (a lottery controlled pick 'em style game) and now Las fucking Vegas has a team. Just one more reason I'm losing interest in the pro game in favor of college.
[Image: Bastard-Signature.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes TheGentlemanBastard's post:
  • Cavebear

(10-04-2020, 09:13 PM)TheGentlemanBastard Wrote:
(10-04-2020, 08:28 PM)Dānu Wrote: Watching the Bills vs. the Raiders.

I find it rather hypocritical that when the NFL was expanding the league from 28 to 30 teams. Portland, Or. was told they would never get a team due to state sanctioned NFL betting (a lottery controlled pick 'em style game) and now Las fucking Vegas has a team. Just one more reason I'm losing interest in the pro game in favor of college.

As I lost interest in even college football when sweaty, spitting drugged-up hulks pretended to be "students" until they could be drafted after 3 years.
Never argue with people who type fast and have too much time on their hands...

(10-02-2020, 08:31 PM)brewerb Wrote: Our youngest dog child, Lexy, just got back from running an AKC fastcat trial (100 yard lure sprint). Her fastest speed was 25.22mph (8.11 sec) which ranks her as 11th fastest belgian tervuren in the US for 2020. Average of the two times would make her 13th. 2020 trials are down due to covid.

She runs again tomorrow.

https://www.apps.akc.org/apps/fastcat_ra...fm?display

Not to shabby for a beginner.

Lexy did the 100 in 7.86 sec/26 mph on the first run Sunday.

On the second run she caught the lure and slowed down for the kill. Time at the finish was 9 seconds.
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 
The following 1 user Likes brewerb's post:
  • Fireball

(10-04-2020, 10:29 PM)brewerb Wrote:
(10-02-2020, 08:31 PM)brewerb Wrote: Our youngest dog child, Lexy, just got back from running an AKC fastcat trial (100 yard lure sprint). Her fastest speed was 25.22mph (8.11 sec) which ranks her as 11th fastest belgian tervuren in the US for 2020. Average of the two times would make her 13th. 2020 trials are down due to covid.

She runs again tomorrow.

https://www.apps.akc.org/apps/fastcat_ra...fm?display

Not to shabby for a beginner.

Lexy did the 100 in 7.86 sec/26 mph on the first run Sunday.

On the second run she caught the lure and slowed down for the kill. Time at the finish was 9 seconds.

If I were to ever visit you, I'd be wearing chain mail and tin pants! Tongue

And, I just finished turning a block of wood into a right circular cylinder and hollowed it out. So, a tube made of hard maple. Its going to be an elegant little cup. Not that I need one, but I have had the tools many years, so may as well put them to use. My feet hurt like a bitch, though.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
The following 2 users Like Fireball's post:
  • brewerb, Little Lunch

Rye whiskey, a little gaming, and some football.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

I made a second pot of coffee. Walmart had their own brand of whole bean, organic Sumatra, so I bought a tin. It smelled great, and is quite good for a generic. I'll be buying more.

Vivekananda

Talking to the wind.

Watching Aron Ra's interview with the author of "The Power Worshippers". 

“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” -Carl Sagan.

For me to know and for you to find out.
Is this sig thing on?

Drinking coffee and Country Time strawberry-lemonade and watching cartoons.

Vivekananda

Giving the dogs their lunch then taking them for a run in the fields, hopefully before the rain gets here.

Lexy killed last night. Just bagged the corpse and stuck it in the trash.

(10-06-2020, 01:03 PM)brewerb Wrote: Lexy killed last night. Just bagged the corpse and stuck it in the trash.

Oh God, I am so sorry. That's terrible. So sorry.

Vivekananda
The following 1 user Likes Dānu's post:
  • brewerb

(10-06-2020, 01:09 PM)Dānu Wrote:
(10-06-2020, 01:03 PM)brewerb Wrote: Lexy killed last night. Just bagged the corpse and stuck it in the trash.

Oh God, I am so sorry.  That's terrible.  So sorry.

Not she was killed, she did kill. (sorry for the confusion) She's a wild dog at heart, killing rabbits for the pack.
The following 1 user Likes brewerb's post:
  • Dānu

(10-06-2020, 01:14 PM)brewerb Wrote:
(10-06-2020, 01:09 PM)Dānu Wrote:

Oh God, I am so sorry.  That's terrible.  So sorry.

Not she was killed, she did kill. (sorry for the confusion) She's a wild dog at heart, killing rabbits for the pack.

I'm glad to hear that.

Vivekananda
The following 1 user Likes Dānu's post:
  • brewerb

Having a glass of wine while I cook dinner. I'm starved.

Vivekananda

Watching some old Van Halen videos. I'm not particularly into nostalgia but I'm enjoying the little trip back in time to the 1980s.

-Teresa
There is in the universe only one true divide, one real binary, life and death. Either you are living or you are not. Everything else is molten, malleable.

-Susan Faludi, In the Darkroom
The following 1 user Likes Tres Leches's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

Just finished a dinner of braised chicken and a green leaf lettuce salad with Campari tomatoes and radishes, and Bob's Big Boy bleu cheese dressing. Yummay!
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
The following 1 user Likes Fireball's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

At work.

People might have been stressing out about the 'Difference' between thd normal and the strange.

Dance

Relaxing with a whiskey-coke before the debates.

Vivekananda

(10-07-2020, 01:02 AM)Tres Leches Wrote: Watching some old Van Halen videos. I'm not particularly into nostalgia but I'm enjoying the little trip back in time to the 1980s.

-Teresa

You remember the 80s?   You must have been a small child.  You do t look Old enough. 

What I’m doing is looking forward to the only debate worth watching for this coming election.  I don’t expect much from Pence but at least he isn’t a shameless clown.  Clueless, yes but no mob boss.
"Talk nonsense, but talk your own nonsense, and I'll kiss you for it. To go wrong in one's own way is better than to go right in someone else's. 
F. D.
The following 2 users Like Mark's post:
  • Fireball, Tres Leches

(10-07-2020, 11:37 PM)Mark Wrote:
(10-07-2020, 01:02 AM)Tres Leches Wrote: Watching some old Van Halen videos. I'm not particularly into nostalgia but I'm enjoying the little trip back in time to the 1980s.

-Teresa

You remember the 80s?   You must have been a small child.  You do t look Old enough. 

What I’m doing is looking forward to the only debate worth watching for this coming election.  I don’t expect much from Pence but at least he isn’t a shameless clown.  Clueless, yes but no mob boss.

Mob boss. Even Comey commented on how that family acted when they gained the WH.
The following 1 user Likes Fireball's post:
  • Mark