Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What are you doing right now?

Preparing things for installing FreeBSD on the server. I was going to use Debian on both the file server and my Linux desktop, but my chosen file system, ZFS, is more stable and dependable on FreeBSD. I don't anticipate spending a lot of time mucking with the file server once it's set up, so the different skillset required is not a big deal.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

Took my meds and had my first coffee. I didn't go to bed until 2:30 this morning and got up shortly after 6:00. I think I'll go back to bed for a while. It's raining and the pattering of the raindrops on the windowsill make me want to curl up under the bed covers. No doubt, my kitty will join me.
Bedtime2
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)
The following 2 users Like Gwaithmir's post:
  • Chas, Dānu

Tired. My sleep has been out of sorts lately. I have half a thought to stay home, but I'm going to go donate earlier rather than later instead.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

I actually slept like a rock but didn't think I would. Yesterday was a bit rough with family issues, but I'm optomistic for today.

No clue what I even want for breakfast.

I think I'll flip on one of the Big Three for news. Later on is a grocery trip. I'll also buy some undertanks (people are calling them A-shirts now?!) from Amazon. Then, there will be yet another rocket launch attempt. Spacex I'm pretty sure. Maybe the third time is the charm for this weekend?
Is this sig thing on?
The following 1 user Likes c172's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus

Our youngest dog child, Lexy, just got back from running an AKC fastcat trial (100 yard lure sprint). Her fastest speed was 25.22mph (8.11 sec) which ranks her as 11th fastest belgian tervuren in the US for 2020. Average of the two times would make her 13th. 2020 trials are down due to covid.

She runs again tomorrow.

https://www.apps.akc.org/apps/fastcat_ra...fm?display

Not to shabby for a beginner.
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 
The following 4 users Like brewerb's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus, Dānu, Little Lunch, Finite Monkeys

Not right now, but I spent a good hour earlier cutting up a fallen mesquite branch on the property for smoking wood, until the chainsaw ran dry of bar oil. Still have about four foot to slice up, but I'm good for now with thirty or forty pounds of fresh mesquite for smoking/grilling over the next two months. I need to go get a good hatchet to split up the cakes I sliced off.

I still have about five foot of 6" branch to slice up, and a good bundle of smaller branches as well, to add another 30 pounds.

Not what I'm using for my smoking today, I'm using a ten-pound bag I bought at the store a couple of weeks back.
On hiatus.

Having a beer and some scotch. I never cared for scotch or whiskey or bourbon before, but they're rather interesting in their own right. I think next on the list is some rye, or maybe a bottle of decent Canadian whiskey.

Vivekananda

I went to 5 stores looking for this greens seasoning that Cub used to stock in their dollar aisle, but I struck out. Amazon has it in 6 and 12 packs for roughly the same price, so I ordered 12 shakers of it. I don't need that much, but the cost is reasonable, and I really like the seasoning. I only wish I'd bought more when Cub still had it, I could have saved $10.

Vivekananda

Movie night. Watching Justice League on TBS. It's not a great movie, but it's entertaining enough. I won't be resubscribing to my streaming services until the 6th, so this will have to do.

Vivekananda

Massive insomnia. Probably a sugar high. But also I thought I saw a tarantula.
Is this sig thing on?
The following 1 user Likes c172's post:
  • Little Lunch

Just got back home from picking up the boys from Blackpool. M6 was treaturous today as it's bucketing down here so lots of spray on the motorway.
Going to take the dog out for a soggy walk in a bit, then think about what to cook for dinner.
The following 1 user Likes TonyAnkle's post:
  • Little Lunch

Sorting my meds for the next week, which reminds me to put in a repeat prescription request.

Still recovering from insomnia and yesterday's sugar high. Wondering if there are new dates/times for the several rockets that failed to launch this weekend.
Is this sig thing on?

Watching cooking shows.
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” -Carl Sagan.
The following 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post:
  • TonyAnkle

I slept in this morning. I rarely do that. My sleep is messed. I'm watching football and fixing chicken nuggets.

Vivekananda

At work.

I don't think I've posted in this thread before....

Blush
The following 1 user Likes Peebothuhlu's post:
  • Dom

Getting ready to go outside to grab some grapes off my grape arbor...
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]

Watching football and reading about whiskey. I said I wasn't going to buy alcohol this month, but I think I may grab a bottle of whiskey. Not that I need any more alcohol, but I love exploring new tastes.

Vivekananda

Waiting for my wife to get back home... She's having a Covid test today. No panic though, it's just a precautionary thing before a minor procedure she's having on Tuesday.

Went to Total Wine and bought a bottle of High West Double Rye whiskey, and a bottle of Forty Creek Select Canadian whiskey. The Double rye is first up. Tasty with some heat to it.

Vivekananda

Sooners vs. Iowa State. This should be a good game.

Vivekananda

Getting ready for football and putting a bottle of Rosé in the fridge for later.

Vivekananda

Multi-tasking. Watching TV, drinking white wine spritzers, laughing at the final score from Old Trafford - Manchester United 1-6 Tottenham Hotspur - and really looking forward to watching the highlights later this evening.

Was watching the 8 hours of Indy. Now NASCAR (Talladega).
Is this sig thing on?

(10-04-2020, 06:47 PM)Finite Monkeys Wrote: Multi-tasking. Watching TV, drinking white wine spritzers, laughing at the final score from Old Trafford - Manchester United 1-6 Tottenham Hotspur - and really looking forward to watching the highlights later this evening.

I'm laughing at the half time score from Villa Park Big Grin
The following 1 user Likes TonyAnkle's post:
  • Finite Monkeys