Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What are you doing right now?

Checking out properties in the East Anglia area while waiting for the weekly groceries delivery.

Sketching out a budget for the next three months. If I'm able to donate plasma steadily, it's a no-brainer. If not, I'll have money for Christmas, but nothing to spend on Black Friday.

I spent $700 at Christmas last year. I'll try to rein it in a bit this year. Somewhere in the near future I need a new hot water pot, as the latch on mine just broke. It still works, but after 7 years, it's due.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

Shopping for a new hot water pot. My next one will be a Zojirushi, and will cost about double that of my current one, but I think the added features are worth it. The only drawback is it comes in white. Stainless steel is another $50.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

Playing online Boggle.

Watching one of my dogs rest her head on the other one—too cute!
The following 1 user Likes Bcat's post:
  • skyking

One of my dogs is now enjoying her bone.  Little things make them so happy.  It really puts life in perspective sometimes.  Enjoy the little things instead of focusing on all the big things going on in the world.
  • Dānu

Reading articles at StorageReview. I recently subscribed to their newsletter. It's one of my favorite sites.

Vivekananda
The following 1 user Likes Dānu's post:
  • Bcat

Looking forward to coffee.   Deadpan Coffee Drinker

unloading some used pipe off the top of a half a load of dirt in the dump truck. checking out the new excavator and making sure that it fits my accessories.

Listening to an NPR report on masks and their efficacy.
Is this sig thing on?

At an urgent care. This time it is not me.

Currently showing nurses how to teach a blind man to administer his own eyedrops.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • skyking

Just finished my ILS appointment. I spent half of it assembling my new shelves for the kitchen. I thought I'd have to get rid of the old shelves, but I found a new spot for them.

Vivekananda

Waiting for my MW nooner PT Zoom.
Is this sig thing on?

(09-21-2020, 06:19 PM)skyking Wrote: At an urgent care. This time it is not me.

Hope all is well  Hug
  • skyking

Quick break between yard work followed by shower and cooking. 

Wife does not like me cooking stinky.
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 
The following 2 users Like brewerb's post:
  • Bcat, Fireball

(09-21-2020, 07:33 PM)brewerb Wrote: Quick break between yard work followed by shower and cooking. 

Can't she just hose you off in the backyard?  Tongue
The following 2 users Like Bcat's post:
  • brewerb, Chas

(09-21-2020, 07:36 PM)Bcat Wrote:
(09-21-2020, 07:33 PM)brewerb Wrote: Quick break between yard work followed by shower and cooking. 

Can't she just hose you off in the backyard?  Tongue

Nope, I won't stay in one spot.  Dog
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 
The following 1 user Likes brewerb's post:
  • Bcat

(09-21-2020, 06:56 PM)Bcat Wrote:

Hope all is well  Hug

somebody fell and hurt their ribs I'm hoping they'll be okay.

Stinky probably doesn't like it either.  Big Grin
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
The following 3 users Like Fireball's post:
  • Bcat, Dānu, brewerb

(09-21-2020, 08:00 PM)skyking Wrote:
(09-21-2020, 06:56 PM)Bcat Wrote:

Hope all is well  Hug

somebody fell and hurt their ribs I'm hoping they'll be okay.

Heart I hope so too.

Thawing something I have absolutely no clue how to identify. Exciting times.
Is this sig thing on?
The following 1 user Likes c172's post:
  • Dānu

Decompressing from Monday at work after a weekend getaway. To bed early because I'm tired and to give my wife some privacy for her book-club-by-Zoom meeting.

Reading about SSD technology. Pondering what drive to choose for my Linux box. It's likely to come down to the Adata XPG SX8200 Pro vs. the WD Black. My impression is that the WD Black has better rounded performance and firmware, but it also would likely cost a little more, and I'm just not sure that's worth it.

Vivekananda

Tidying up in preparation for the Comcast guy to come and fix my cable tomorrow morning.

Vivekananda