Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mafia game queue

Mafia game queue
(11-22-2018, 10:42 PM)Atothetheist Wrote: Yes. 

TTA has also had a long tradition of Mafia games, and its super fun because people often try to PM or discord and team up to investigate, but you have to becareful, you can never know whether you are ousting someone as mafia, or being strung-along to your own grave!

That sort of thing is normally against the rules (if I'm correctly comprehending you). At least according to how most people run the game.
The following 1 user Likes vulcanlogician's post:
  • EvieTheAvocado

Mafia game queue
(11-24-2018, 11:06 PM)vulcanlogician Wrote:

TTA has also had a long tradition of Mafia games, and its super fun because people often try to PM or discord and team up to investigate, but you have to becareful, you can never know whether you are ousting someone as mafia, or being strung-along to your own grave!

That sort of thing is normally against the rules (if I'm correctly comprehending you). At least according to how most people run the game.

Interesting. I think only one or two f the TTA mafia games had a gag order like that.
[Image: 320-C6-ED7-97-CD-4-AB2-A60-A-759-A45-FB7-FE8.jpg]
"The Thinking Atheist forum" “The Thinking Atheist forum closed down" “TTA Forum”
The following 1 user Likes Smercury44's post:
  • TheGulegon

Mafia game queue
(11-24-2018, 11:56 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:
(11-24-2018, 11:06 PM)vulcanlogician Wrote:

Interesting. I think only one or two f the TTA mafia games had a gag order like that.

I got fed up of running games without a gag order. You'd put in so much effort, post the game, then everyone would send in their actions or lynches and the game would be over. As game mod you'd miss the entire game you wrote.
The following 3 users Like Mathilda's post:
  • Smercury44, Joods, EvieTheAvocado

Mafia game queue
Also as a player, especially as mafia, the entire game could completely pass you by because you weren't invited to the group chat.
The following 1 user Likes Mathilda's post:
  • EvieTheAvocado

Mafia game queue
(11-25-2018, 12:28 AM)Mathilda Wrote:
(11-24-2018, 11:56 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:
(11-24-2018, 11:06 PM)vulcanlogician Wrote: That sort of thing is normally against the rules (if I'm correctly comprehending you). At least according to how most people run the game.

I got fed up of running games without a gag order. You'd put in so much effort, post the game, then everyone would send in their actions or lynches and the game would be over. As game mod you'd miss the entire game you wrote.

Interesting, That has been the exact opposite of what I've experienced as a Host/Player.

Mafia game queue
I need to be able to edit my first post to reflect those who want to host, and what order the requests were made.
      On ignore: Shitty people not deserving of my time or attention.
The following 1 user Likes Joods's post:
  • EvieTheAvocado

Mafia game queue
(11-25-2018, 01:47 PM)Joods Wrote: I need to be able to edit my first post to reflect those who want to host, and what order the requests were made.

Try it now.

I've created a new user group for people running mafia games which allow them to edit their own posts.

I was wanting to find a way for them to be able to edit other people's posts in a game but on thinking about it, I am not sure that's actually needed. Because if someone did post something that they shouldn't you wouldn't know who had already seen it anyway.

Another option is to make you a moderator of this section although I couldn't personally find the option for doing that. Aliza will probably know. But hopefully this should give you the required permissions for now.

Do PM me if you need anything else.
The following 2 users Like Mathilda's post:
  • EvieTheAvocado, Joods

Mafia game queue
@Mathilda, If you could make it so the non-mods can't edit their posts in the game, to prevent cheating or prevent needless modkills when someone was just correcting a spelling mistake or typo, that would be much appreciated. I dunno if that's possible at all over here or if that was just some extra feature that Tibs was able to program for Mafia over at AF. But if that feature can be implemented over here then I think it would be a very desirable feature to have ... at least for people like me who habitually edits all their posts as they write them when they're posting on forums.
My Argument Against Free Will Wrote:(1) Ultimately, to control your actions you have to originate your original nature.

(2) But you can't originate your original nature—it's already there.

(3) So, ultimately, you can't control your actions.

Mafia game queue
(11-25-2018, 02:58 PM)EvieTheAvocado Wrote: @Mathilda, If you could make it so the non-mods can't edit their posts in the game, to prevent cheating or prevent needless modkills when someone was just correcting a spelling mistake or typo, that would be much appreciated. I dunno if that's possible at all over here or if that was just some extra feature that Tibs was able to program for Mafia over at AF. But if that feature can be implemented over here then I think it would be a very desirable feature to have ... at least for people like me who habitually edits all their posts as they write them when they're posting on forums.

You shouldn't be able to edit your own posts in the game section. At the moment only those running a game can edit their own posts, although not other people's posts.
The following 1 user Likes Mathilda's post:
  • EvieTheAvocado

Mafia game queue
(11-25-2018, 02:13 PM)Mathilda Wrote:
(11-25-2018, 01:47 PM)Joods Wrote: I need to be able to edit my first post to reflect those who want to host, and what order the requests were made.

Try it now.

I've created a new user group for people running mafia games which allow them to edit their own posts.

I was wanting to find a way for them to be able to edit other people's posts in a game but on thinking about it, I am not sure that's actually needed. Because if someone did post something that they shouldn't you wouldn't know who had already seen it anyway.

Another option is to make you a moderator of this section although I couldn't personally find the option for doing that. Aliza will probably know. But hopefully this should give you the required permissions for now.

Do PM me if you need anything else.

I went to the first post in this thread. I don't see an edit button or any moderator buttons.

Mafia game queue
(11-18-2018, 05:41 PM)TheGulegon Wrote: I'd sign up for a game, as a player. Vinsent

@There's a sign up for the first game. I can add you if you like. Just let me know.

Mafia game queue
(11-18-2018, 03:56 AM)JesseB Wrote:
(11-17-2018, 05:41 PM)Joods Wrote: This thread is for anyone interested in hosting a mafia game. If we get enough interest and there is more than one game host, we will list the games in order by request here.

A mafia based tabletop RPG? 

Interested.

@JesseB if you like, there's a sign up thread for the first game.

Mafia game queue
(11-27-2018, 04:49 PM)Joods Wrote:
(11-18-2018, 03:56 AM)JesseB Wrote:
(11-17-2018, 05:41 PM)Joods Wrote: This thread is for anyone interested in hosting a mafia game. If we get enough interest and there is more than one game host, we will list the games in order by request here.

A mafia based tabletop RPG? 

Interested.

May sit this round out. Kinda busy getting ready for school in Jan
The following 1 user Likes JesseB's post:
  • Joods

Mafia game queue
(11-27-2018, 09:18 PM)JesseB Wrote:
(11-27-2018, 04:49 PM)Joods Wrote:
(11-18-2018, 03:56 AM)JesseB Wrote: A mafia based tabletop RPG? 

Interested.

May sit this round out. Kinda busy getting ready for school in Jan

I can understand that. I start school Jan 8th myself
  • JesseB

Mafia game queue
And I assume that humorous votes count as no votes too.

Lynch Jesus again
The following 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post:
  • Smercury44

Mafia game queue
Humorous votes will get ignored in the same way as voting for oneself.

Mafia game queue
(11-25-2018, 03:15 PM)Mathilda Wrote:
(11-25-2018, 02:58 PM)EvieTheAvocado Wrote: @Mathilda, If you could make it so the non-mods can't edit their posts in the game, to prevent cheating or prevent needless modkills when someone was just correcting a spelling mistake or typo, that would be much appreciated. I dunno if that's possible at all over here or if that was just some extra feature that Tibs was able to program for Mafia over at AF. But if that feature can be implemented over here then I think it would be a very desirable feature to have ... at least for people like me who habitually edits all their posts as they write them when they're posting on forums.

You shouldn't be able to edit your own posts in the game section. At the moment only those running a game can edit their own posts, although not other people's posts.

Oh, I see! Sorry that I presumed it would be for the whole Mafia section and not just the game section! It's because that's how it was over at AF, to my knowledge. Apologies for the misunderstanding! Smile

Yes, it's working for me over at the game section (or, it's not working. It's working because my editing is not working))
My Argument Against Free Will Wrote:(1) Ultimately, to control your actions you have to originate your original nature.

Mafia game queue
@Mathilda If possible can we move any posts here that aren't specific to wanting to be added to the game queue, to maybe say, the test thread? I'd like to not clog this one up with posts that aren't relevant. Smile
  • EvieTheAvocado

Mafia game queue
So I have my diplomacy themed mafia game and my role madness game, although I haven't planned out all the details yet. But I think we should stick to simple games for the moment. No need to rush headlong into the bizarre stuff yet while there's loads of standard formats to explore. The next game should probably have a doctor and a cop.

I'd promise to vote for the first person who says that we should not lynch someone day one but wait for the results of the investigation but I'm next in the queue.
The following 2 users Like Mathilda's post:
  • Joods, EvieTheAvocado

Mafia game queue
Please sign me up to your game when you make it, 'Tilde! [Image: eLq9eWg.gif]

Mafia game queue
(12-09-2018, 09:20 AM)Mathilda Wrote: So I have my diplomacy themed mafia game and my role madness game, although I haven't planned out all the details yet. But I think we should stick to simple games for the moment. No need to rush headlong into the bizarre stuff yet while there's loads of standard formats to explore. The next game should probably have a doctor and a cop.

I'd promise to vote for the first person who says that we should not lynch someone day one but wait for the results of the investigation but I'm next in the queue.

Keep it simple. Girl_yes2

I didn't feel like I was catching on until day 2.

Mafia game queue
(12-09-2018, 05:27 PM)Aliza Wrote:
(12-09-2018, 09:20 AM)Mathilda Wrote: So I have my diplomacy themed mafia game and my role madness game, although I haven't planned out all the details yet. But I think we should stick to simple games for the moment. No need to rush headlong into the bizarre stuff yet while there's loads of standard formats to explore. The next game should probably have a doctor and a cop.

Keep it simple. Girl_yes2

I didn't feel like I was catching on until day 2.

Oh, and you did a great job, Joods!<3
The following 1 user Likes Aliza's post:
  • Joods

Mafia game queue
what do I gotta do to get in on the next game?

Mafia game queue
(12-09-2018, 06:32 PM)Schrodinger's Outlaw Wrote: what do I gotta do to get in on the next game?

Oral.
The following 4 users Like Mathilda's post:
  • Aliza, EvieTheAvocado, Joods, Paleophyte

Mafia game queue
I have been thinking about creating my own game and adding it to the game queue.

It would be a standard game. With standard roles. But I want to find a particular setup to use to make sure it's balanced. And I haven't found one yet.

But when I do, perhaps my game can join the list?

The following 1 user Likes EvieTheAvocado's post:
  • Smercury44