Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Major server slowdown.....?

This repeated failure to connect with AD's server has apparently not been rectified yet.  It seems to be a
periodic time-of-day issue, which leads me to believe it's a matter of bandwidth throttling at the server
end.  Here in Australia, our time zone is UTC+10 AEST = UTC-4 New York, and UTC+1 London.

So, the worst times that this is occurring is between approximately 2AM and 7AM here in Australia.

I've rechecked everything at my end—connection speed down and up (50/20), low ping, no packet loss,
start of handshake all okay—but then nothing from the AD server.

—Anybody?     Huh
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.

(05-11-2020, 12:20 PM)SYZ Wrote: This repeated failure to connect with AD's server has apparently not been rectified yet.  It seems to be a
periodic time-of-day issue, which leads me to believe it's a matter of bandwidth throttling at the server
end.  Here in Australia, our time zone is UTC+10 AEST = UTC-4 New York, and UTC+1 London.

So, the worst times that this is occurring is between approximately 2AM and 7AM here in Australia.

I've rechecked everything at my end—connection speed down and up (50/20), low ping, no packet loss,
start of handshake all okay—but then nothing from the AD server.

—Anybody?     Huh

No problems here in eastern US. GMT-5.
Never argue with people who type fast and have too much time on their hands...
The following 1 user Likes Cavebear's post:
  • SYZ

No problems here in the UK whatsoever.
The whole point of having cake is to eat it Cake_Feast