Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What movie did you last see?

Will be going to see Black Phone later this week.

The reviews are favorably good.

[Image: The_Last_Emperor_filmposter.jpg]
Popcorn
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)

[Image: 6501392_sd.jpg]
The following 2 users Like pocaracas's post:
  • KittyAnn, Phaedrus

(06-28-2022, 08:12 AM)pocaracas Wrote: [Image: 6501392_sd.jpg]

Looks fun, might have to check it out. Girl_yes2

(06-28-2022, 08:17 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:
(06-28-2022, 08:12 AM)pocaracas Wrote: [Image: 6501392_sd.jpg]

Looks fun, might have to check it out.  Girl_yes2

It is fun! Thumbs Up
The following 1 user Likes pocaracas's post:
  • Phaedrus

The Black Phone
Quote:After being abducted by a child killer and locked in a soundproof basement, a 13-year-old boy starts receiving calls on a disconnected phone from the killer's previous victims.

Let me first just state that it is an amazing movie, one of the best I have seen in a while. I would rate this movie ten out of ten stars.

There are only two things I want to touch upon.

First, the sister is my favorite character in the film. Yeah, she's got a Jesus thing, but honestly it adds to her character in such a good way that you can overlook it.

Secondly, it is never explained why the abductor kills these boys.

[Image: 81P3u1Tv0GL._AC_UY327_FMwebp_QL65_.jpg]
Popcorn
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)

Scream 2

Plot:
Sequel to the 90's slasher of the similar name. The survivor(s) from the first movie are going about their lives when the "ghost face" killer returns.

Thoughts:
Not seen this one, which is why I watched it - it was "alright". The first one was alright as well, and this is more of the same to be honest. Plot is generic, and there are twists/turns towards the end that all make sense within the world.

Onto the next one!

Malnazidos, aka Valley of the Dead
Quote:Months after bloody combats leave behind thousands of dead in the trenches. Jan Lozano, Captain of the Fifth Brigade has fallen prisoner by an opponent's platoon along with a young driver while carrying out a mission that has been entrusted to him. The possibility of dying executed will soon be overtaken when a new unknown enemy arises. Both rival sides must unite and set their mutual hate aside in order to survive.

AKA, it's a zombie movie.

I watched the newest 'Dune' movie. I signed up for HBO just to watch that and Bill Maher shows.

I was very impressed by this new version on Dune. It matched the book very well, and I appreciate that. But as the movie went on, I was wondering if it was going to last 5 hours. Because they were only halfway through the book after 2+ hours.

Well, they stopped halfway through, with Paul and Jessica meeting the Fremen. I hope that means there is 'Dune, Part 2' coming soon. Just looked it up. Part 2 Oct 2023... I wish I had known that watching the first part. I would have waited...

But I got my money's worth on HBO with Bill Maher. He's brilliant. Watched 3 shows so far and looking backward to older ones. Naturally, he goes on vacation just as I sign on... LOL! But I'll enjoy the sparkling wit of the older shows until he returns.
Never argue with people who type fast and have too much time on their hands...

(07-19-2022, 11:27 AM)Cavebear Wrote: I watched the newest 'Dune' movie.  I signed up for HBO just to watch that and Bill Maher shows.  

I was very impressed by this new version on Dune.  It matched the book very well, and I appreciate that.  But as the movie went on, I was wondering if it was going to last 5 hours.  Because they were only halfway through the book after 2+ hours.

Well, they stopped halfway through, with Paul and Jessica meeting the Fremen.  I hope that means there is 'Dune, Part 2' coming soon.  Just looked it up.  Part 2 Oct 2023...  I wish I had known that watching the first part.  I would have waited...

But I got my money's worth on HBO with Bill Maher.  He's brilliant.  Watched 3 shows so far and looking backward to older ones.  Naturally, he goes on vacation just as I sign on...  LOL!  But I'll enjoy the sparkling wit of the older shows until he returns.

If only someone had mentioned it here before...

(10-24-2021, 05:13 PM)pocaracas Wrote: [Image: dune-part-one-poster.jpg]

Quite a good adaptation of less than the first half of the book.

(07-19-2022, 12:22 PM)pocaracas Wrote:
(07-19-2022, 11:27 AM)Cavebear Wrote: I watched the newest 'Dune' movie.  I signed up for HBO just to watch that and Bill Maher shows.  

I was very impressed by this new version on Dune.  It matched the book very well, and I appreciate that.  But as the movie went on, I was wondering if it was going to last 5 hours.  Because they were only halfway through the book after 2+ hours.

Well, they stopped halfway through, with Paul and Jessica meeting the Fremen.  I hope that means there is 'Dune, Part 2' coming soon.  Just looked it up.  Part 2 Oct 2023...  I wish I had known that watching the first part.  I would have waited...

But I got my money's worth on HBO with Bill Maher.  He's brilliant.  Watched 3 shows so far and looking backward to older ones.  Naturally, he goes on vacation just as I sign on...  LOL!  But I'll enjoy the sparkling wit of the older shows until he returns.

If only someone had mentioned it here before...

(10-24-2021, 05:13 PM)pocaracas Wrote: [Image: dune-part-one-poster.jpg]

Quite a good adaptation of less than the first half of the book.

Sorry, I missed that post...  Can't be everywhere at once, you know... I'm very good at being behind on movies.
Never argue with people who type fast and have too much time on their hands...
The following 1 user Likes Cavebear's post:
  • pocaracas

[Image: Deadwood_2019_film.jpg]
Popcorn

The Deep House
Quote:A young and modern couple who go to France to explore an underwater house and share their findings on social media undergoes a serious change of plans when the couple enters the interior of a strange house located at the bottom of a lake and their presence awakens a dark spirit that haunts the house.

[Image: Cookloverwifethief.jpg]
Popcorn
The following 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post:
  • Kim

A House on the Bayou
Quote:Follows a troubled couple and their daughter who go on vacation to an isolated house in the Louisiana bayou to reconnect as a family. But when unexpected visitors arrive, the unity starts to unravel.

The Deeper You Dig
Quote:In the aftermath of a roadside accident, the line between the living and the dead collapses for a mother, a daughter and a stranger.

The Manor
Quote:After suffering a mild stroke, Judith Albright reluctantly moves into a historic nursing home where she becomes convinced a supernatural force is killing the residents.

The following 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post:
  • KittyAnn

(07-22-2022, 10:36 AM)Phaedrus Wrote: The Manor
Quote:After suffering a mild stroke, Judith Albright reluctantly moves into a historic nursing home where she becomes convinced a supernatural force is killing the residents.

Obviously, you like creepy thriller films.  Popcorn
The following 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post:
  • Phaedrus

Last one before bed.

Kin Dread
Quote:An anti-social sound designer with retrograde amnesia discovers a string of murders in his building but when the carnage triggers memories of his mysterious past, he races to stop the killer before losing those he loves most.

https://www.indiewire.com/gallery/dune-p...t-details/
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]

The Bob's Burger Movie
Quote:The Belchers try to save the restaurant from closing as a sinkhole forms in front of it, while the kids try to solve a mystery that could save their family's restaurant.

Never immersed myself in the Dune universe before, so here we go.
Quote:A noble family becomes embroiled in a war for control over the galaxy's most valuable asset while its heir becomes troubled by visions of a dark future.

I watched part of the Eternals. It was enjoyable, but I got distracted by something. I forget what.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

Dune: the year is 10k+ and the phrase "god in heaven" is used. What sloppy writing.