Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What movie did you last see?

Unless it's Barbie Benton.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]

[Image: It_the_terror_from_beyond_space.jpg]

Popcorn
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)
The following 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post:
  • Dānu

You should get the SHUDDER channel. Available on Prime.

[Image: 2018_06_10_47371_1528601922._large.jpg]

The Incredibles.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

The following 1 user Likes pocaracas's post:
  • KittyAnn

[Image: 87a95d8e9578fd11d2bb734daba20004.jpg]
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

Another from my list:

The Pianist

Plot:
The story of a jewish man living in poland during the time of the occupation of the nazi's through until the end of the war. The man in question is a very talented pianist who has to survive along with his family during the most turbulent of times.

Thoughts:
This is a great movie - very well made, great acting from everybody involved. The only downside is that of course its a very grim subject, as with anything of this nature of course. I could feel myself getting more and more angry as the movie went on, just trying to process some of the events that went on - but that is indeed the subject of this, and other, holocaust related movies. Definitely one to watch if at all possible.
The following 2 users Like OakTree500's post:
  • TonyAnkle, Gwaithmir

[Image: HarrietFilmPoster.jpeg]

Popcorn
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)

(11-19-2020, 02:50 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote: [Image: HarrietFilmPoster.jpeg]

Popcorn

Okay, enough of this shit. We need to get back to normal movies, where John Wayne can beat up a whole tribe of them indians, and white people know best.

[Image: the-other-one.png]

Probably only of interest if you're a fellow Deadhead, and it cured me of the mistake of occasionally thinking of Bobby as "just" a rhythm guitarist.
"Aliens?  Us?  Is this one of your Earth jokes?"  -- Kro-Bar, The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra

Aquaman

Plot:
following the events of Justice League - we find Arthur Curry continuing his life as a semi-reluctant hero. Shit starts kicking off in Atlantis and he's called home to attempt to sort it out. All the while we learn of Arthurs life/history and he faces new foes along the way.

Thoughts:
I actually really liked this - is a CGI fest and is borderline between great action and cheese on toast acting BUT it some how works, and is better than it probably had any right to be in all honesty. If you like superhero stuff that has some decent action and a bit of a "feel good" aspect to it as well, check it out. Smile
The following 1 user Likes OakTree500's post:
  • Phaedrus

(11-20-2020, 11:50 AM)OakTree500 Wrote: Aquaman

Plot:
following the events of Justice League - we find Arthur Curry continuing his life as a semi-reluctant hero. Shit starts kicking off in Atlantis and he's called home to attempt to sort it out. All the while we learn of Arthurs life/history and he faces new foes along the way.

Thoughts:
I actually really liked this - is a CGI fest and is borderline between great action and cheese on toast acting BUT it some how works, and is better than it probably had any right to be in all honesty. If you like superhero stuff that has some decent action and a bit of a "feel good" aspect to it as well, check it out. Smile
It retained the "comic book" character of the origins. I made a mental note to not ask for a "killer bottle of wine" the next time I'm in Messina. (The Italian government wouldn't let them film on location for the "village fight" after they read what was going to happen to it.)

And there's nothing wrong with CGI. Imagine what movies would have been like if Ray Harryhausen has those resources.
The following 1 user Likes Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • OakTree500

(11-20-2020, 01:44 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Imagine what movies would have been like if Ray Harryhausen has those resources.

Oh man I love the  sinbad movies because of that animation style!
The following 1 user Likes OakTree500's post:
  • Dānu

(11-20-2020, 04:54 PM)OakTree500 Wrote:
(11-20-2020, 01:44 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Imagine what movies would have been like if Ray Harryhausen has those resources.

Oh man I love the  sinbad movies because of that animation style!
Yeah, but that octopus only had seven tentacles because they couldn't afford the whole set.
The following 1 user Likes Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • OakTree500

[Image: DirtyDozenDeadlyMission.jpg]
Popcorn
The following 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post:
  • Dānu

Didn't Salvas die in the first one?

[Image: latest?cb=20190911184806]

Bolt.

Vivekananda

(11-21-2020, 02:16 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Didn't Salvas die in the first one?

Yeah, I did a double-take on that one too. He's portraying a different character.

I never watched any of the Ocean's 11 movies all the way through.
Now I have.
Meh.
They ruin it by having Ocean's 12 be what it is, ... but I have to admit having Julia Roberts play a pregnant Julia Roberts is pretty funny.
Also I believe The house on Lake Como belongs to George Clooney. Meh. A tiny hovel on the Amalfi Coast is better.  Tongue
Test

NOAH - dreadful.

Weird story, probably induced by bad mushrooms, good actors struggling with a weak script.
“Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet. 
Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich.”
― Napoleon Bonaparte

Finally, Thanos is showing free. Tonight 8 pm ET on TNT I think. I'll be watching THAT!
Never argue with people who type fast and have too much time on their hands...

Is that the one where he swears his undying love to Galactus and they move to Santa Barbara and open a B&B?

(11-22-2020, 12:27 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Is that the one where he swears his undying love to Galactus and they move to Santa Barbara and open a B&B?

I think that the one where they kill off way too many Marvel characters. I suspect they will be returned. Marvel can't really kill off good characters.
Never argue with people who type fast and have too much time on their hands...

(11-22-2020, 12:54 PM)Cavebear Wrote:
(11-22-2020, 12:27 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Is that the one where he swears his undying love to Galactus and they move to Santa Barbara and open a B&B?

I think that the one where they kill off way too many Marvel characters.  I suspect they will be returned.  Marvel can't really kill off good characters.

Or bad ones. One of my classmates at Purdue did a paper on "Undying Evil and the Rationalization Required". Paper was best read drunk.

(11-20-2020, 11:50 AM)OakTree500 Wrote: Aquaman

Plot:

Thoughts:

Still haven't seen that one.