Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What movie did you last see?

[Image: The_train_poster.jpg]
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)
The following 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post:
  • Bcat

Finishing of my Superman watch-through:

Superman 4: Quest for peace

Plot:
Superman rids the world of nuclear weapons, but Lex Luthor has a plan and creates "Nuclear man" the destroy the man of steel once and for all.

Thoughts:
So this is......."cheap" is the only way to describe it. It's actually not that bad, in terms of story/what you see but with it'd budget being slashed before production [originally some 37 million, then down to 16 million] it really hampered the production of this movie. Long gone are the grandiose look/themes of Superman 1 + 2, and instead we're left with a movie with terrible special effects and everything else in between. Had the budget been higher this might actually be great. Reeve and Kidder still do their best in the roles, and Gene Hackman [doing a great job] is back as Lex Luthor also.

And finally:

Superman Returns

Plot:
After being gone from Earth for some time in search of any remains of Krypton in outer space, Superman returns. With his return comes Lex Luthor, who has more shady land deals up his sleeve.

Thoughts:
It's cannon to the Chris Reeve movies, which I appreciate [which also connected into the Arrowverse recently with a multiverse crossover, where Brandon Routh reprised his role as Superman also] but it's just.......boring. Like nothing really happens, and it's more of Lex Luthor trying to work in some sort of crazy land scam. Routh is great as a Reeve stand in though it must be said. The finale pits superman on an island made from crystals and kryptonite - only to overcome the latter "because superman" which while i understand the reasoning behind it, it's just dumbass - because thats his one weakness, if that doesnt do it nothing will. Budget is HUGE yet we couldn't get more than like 10 mins of superman doing superman stuff. Disappointing is the best was to describe this movie.
#BeExcellentToEachOther
The following 2 users Like OakTree500's post:
  • Bcat, Gwaithmir

I still think the best superhero movies are "The Incredibles." One and two.
[Image: Bastard-Signature.jpg]
The following 2 users Like TheGentlemanBastard's post:
  • OakTree500, Gawdzilla Sama

(09-16-2020, 11:02 PM)TheGentlemanBastard Wrote: I still think the best superhero movies are "The Incredibles." One and two.
What? A personal life outside of being super? Incredible!
  [Image: pirates.gif] Dog  

Watched "Richard Jewell" last night, about the "lead suspect" in the 1996 Atlanta Olympic bombing. This film did a great job in pointing up the weaknesses in our legal system, how we allow journalists to get away with almost anything in service to a free press, and just how badly it can influence both our legal system and the free press when those involved in ongoing investigations leak to the press.
[Image: Bastard-Signature.jpg]
The following 2 users Like TheGentlemanBastard's post:
  • Bcat, Dānu

(09-18-2020, 12:27 AM)TheGentlemanBastard Wrote: Watched "Richard Jewell" last night, about the "lead suspect" in the 1996 Atlanta Olympic bombing. This film did a great job in pointing up the weaknesses in our legal system, how we allow journalists to get away with almost anything in service to a free press, and just how badly it can influence both our legal system and the free press when those involved in ongoing investigations leak to the press.

And now the whole Internet does the same thing. Aggravated Facepalm

(09-18-2020, 03:07 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(09-18-2020, 12:27 AM)TheGentlemanBastard Wrote: Watched "Richard Jewell" last night, about the "lead suspect" in the 1996 Atlanta Olympic bombing. This film did a great job in pointing up the weaknesses in our legal system, how we allow journalists to get away with almost anything in service to a free press, and just how badly it can influence both our legal system and the free press when those involved in ongoing investigations leak to the press.

And now the whole Internet does the same thing.  Aggravated  Facepalm

Watched new 'Archer' Wednesday. That guy cracks me up. The whole crew are nuts. Love the cast. Perfect voices for type, though, and I admire that...
Theists disbelieve in all deities but one.  I just disbelieve in one less.
The following 1 user Likes Cavebear's post:
  • Gawdzilla Sama

[Image: Khartoum_%281966_movie_poster%29.jpg]
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)

[Image: Tremors-Movie-Review.jpg]

Tremors.
[Image: giant%20meteor%202020.jpg]
The following 4 users Like Dānu's post:
  • Gwaithmir, Bcat, Finite Monkeys, pocaracas

[Image: Mile_22.png]
  • Bcat

[Image: ylnrz2dvtrjgforbsiua.jpg]

Dogma.
The following 1 user Likes Dānu's post:
  • OakTree500

Just saw this one:

Talk about your sappy feel good movie. I liked it.
"Talk nonsense, but talk your own nonsense, and I'll kiss you for it. To go wrong in one's own way is better than to go right in someone else's. 
F. D.

[Image: Ravenous_ver1.jpg]

Murder, mayhem and cannibalism at a remote army outpost in the Sierra Nevadas shortly after the Mexican-American War.  M1436

(09-21-2020, 10:55 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote: [Image: Ravenous_ver1.jpg]

Murder, mayhem and cannibalism at a remote army outpost in the Sierra Nevadas shortly after the Mexican-American War.  M1436
The current one or the one in the 1840s?
The following 1 user Likes Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Cavebear

(09-21-2020, 11:01 AM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:

Ah, yes, the "Reconquista". I heard Vincente Fox refer to that once. But I doubt the grandchildren of immigrants want to learn Spanish.
Theists disbelieve in all deities but one.  I just disbelieve in one less.
The following 1 user Likes Cavebear's post:
  • Gawdzilla Sama

(09-21-2020, 11:01 AM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:

1840's, of course.  Winking
  • Gawdzilla Sama

I've had a few days off and I watched 3 movies so far.
First one was Mortal Engines.
I suspended belief as much as humanly possible and my brain still vomited on itself anyway.
Shit movie...and stupid.
Second was the xmen movie where the phoenix kills the blue face shape shifting girl and aliens followed some power to earth and want to take over.
I can't remember the name but it's just absolute shit.
And the third movie was Jojo Rabbit.
Now that was a fucking good movie.
I recommend that one.

"The Dark Phoenix".

I put "Mortal Engines" in mental comic book mode and took some painkillers. It was much better that way.
The following 1 user Likes Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Little Lunch

[Image: Terminator_Dark_Fate_poster.jpg]

Mackenzie Davis looks great fighting naked, but she'll bust your head if you ogle her private parts.  Big Grin

Unlike lots of ladies who like fighting naked.

Mackenzie Davis has weirdo eyes...just like Katy Perry.

[Image: Dirty_harry.jpg]
  • Bcat

[Image: f-Current_Hopscotch_1_large.jpg]

Hopscotch.

An old favorite.