Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
soccer

soccer
And the Sounders do win, 3-1. One goal was a Toronto OG. First half was dull, but the second was pretty exciting. First MLS Cup since '16.

Nashville SC and Inter Miami, David Beckham's team, enter next year. Welcome to the offseason. I'll be curious to see how the NCAA draft goes, even though it's not nearly everything. Fun to see past and present hometown U's place players. Currently, that's mainly SDSU (though it's USD that's been in the rankings, so we'll see). Clemson is also pretty good. I need to look up Pitt. Mostly been following their women's team.

Back to rooting on Manchester City for now.
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.”
-Carl Sagan

"The best counter to extremist speech is not censorship. The best counter is more speech." -Thumpalumpacus

soccer
CONCACAF Champions League R 16 draw:
https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/?v=2...live_video

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_CONCA...eague#Draw
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.”
-Carl Sagan

"The best counter to extremist speech is not censorship. The best counter is more speech." -Thumpalumpacus

soccer
Bring a lifelong Manchester United supporter, I'm pleased to announce that we absolutely wiped the floor with Manchester City at the weekend.. Only downside is that it looks like Liverpool are going to win the league.. About time really though, it has been 30 years lol.
He loves me?  Facepalm

soccer
(12-10-2019, 10:15 AM)NorthernBen Wrote: Bring a lifelong Manchester United supporter, I'm pleased to announce that we absolutely wiped the floor with Manchester City at the weekend.. Only downside is that it looks like Liverpool are going to win the league.. About time really though, it has been 30 years lol.

El Kloppo is a cool cat. We knew it ever since he trained Mainz. His path to success was quite obvious back then.
R.I.P. Hannes
The following 1 user Likes Deesse23's post:
  • NorthernBen

soccer
(12-10-2019, 06:02 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:
(12-10-2019, 10:15 AM)NorthernBen Wrote: Bring a lifelong Manchester United supporter, I'm pleased to announce that we absolutely wiped the floor with Manchester City at the weekend.. Only downside is that it looks like Liverpool are going to win the league.. About time really though, it has been 30 years lol.

El Kloppo is a cool cat. We knew it ever since he trained Mainz. His path to success was quite obvious back then.

I quite like his style.. I can see him at Real Madrid or Barcelona before too long. He is a top manager, he's done great things at Liverpool, I'm hoping he gets offers from elsewhere, I can't stand Liverpool winning stuff lol.
He loves me?  Facepalm

soccer
My Seattle Sounders FC have a toughie against CD Olimpia from Honduras, and if we somehow beat them, perennial entrants Saprissa, from Costa Rica.

Yet another year won by a Mexican club, I'd assume. Confused
-Carl Sagan

soccer
I'm wondering if you have VAR over there? If so, what do you think of it?
He loves me?  Facepalm

soccer
MLS sure does, as does Liga MX (I live on the border, so my closest top-flight men's team is actually in Liga MX). CONCACAF Champions League does not.

Truth be told, I really hated the idea because I thought it would be disruptive, but it really hasn't been. As to whether it has improved reffing, I'm not convinced. It doesn't bother me, though. Mistakes will be made.
-Carl Sagan

The following 1 user Likes c172's post:
  • NorthernBen

soccer
(12-11-2019, 10:13 AM)c172 Wrote: MLS sure does, as does Liga MX (I live on the border, so my closest top-flight men's team is actually in Liga MX). CONCACAF Champions League does not.

Truth be told, I really hated the idea because I thought it would be disruptive, but it really hasn't been. As to whether it has improved reffing, I'm not convinced. It doesn't bother me, though. Mistakes will be made.

The thing I don't like about it is... You never know if a goal is going to stand until it's been checked, and players have started appealing for all sorts since it's introduction. I think mistakes are still being made, but most decisions are now correct. So over all I think it's a good thing.
He loves me?  Facepalm

soccer
Bundesliga's back underway. Saw Bayern lose the other day.
-Carl Sagan

soccer
(05-18-2020, 07:02 AM)c172 Wrote: Bundesliga's back underway. Saw  Bayern lose the other day.
Bayern did win yesterday.
R.I.P. Hannes

soccer
I was drunk.
-Carl Sagan