Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Member art

Member art
I'm starting up an old thread, because I remember some people posted some incredible stuff on TTA.

I'll open up with the last D&D character I got a chance to play. I goblin druid with a peg leg, and his Mastiff.

[Image: 348k94k.jpg]
The following 4 users Like RobbyPants's post:
  • Mark, Phaedrus, Emma, Jenny

Member art
How are we uploading these images? 

Do we go through another image storage site?  Consider
I've noticed Photobucket has become a total asshole lately - wanting money from me to share my own pics.  So, fuck them. 

I thought I had another site to share from but I may have lost the info somewhere in TTA's corpse.   

Yea, I've had an unorganized decade.  Dodgy 

Member art
(10-01-2018, 03:18 PM)Kim link Wrote: How are we uploading these images? 

I've noticed Photobucket has become a total asshole lately - wanting money from me to share my own pics.  So, fuck them. 

I thought I had another site to share from but I may have lost the info somewhere in TTA's corpse.   

Yea, I've had an unorganized decade.  Dodgy 

Postimages.org is really easy
[Image: 320-C6-ED7-97-CD-4-AB2-A60-A-759-A45-FB7-FE8.jpg]
"The Thinking Atheist forum" “The Thinking Atheist forum closed down" “TTA Forum”

Member art
A translation of the Endangered Wolf Center logo:

[Image: bLvdgUx.jpg]
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]
The following 8 users Like Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Smercury44, Mark, brewerb, Phaedrus, Thumpalumpacus, Emma, Jenny, KittyAnn

Member art
A key station I made for the Center. The letters haven't been glued down yet, so they wiggle a bit.

[Image: j6QPP1h.jpg]
The following 5 users Like Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Mark, brewerb, Thumpalumpacus, Emma, Jenny

Member art
(10-01-2018, 03:18 PM)Kim link Wrote: How are we uploading these images? 

I've noticed Photobucket has become a total asshole lately
Photobucket has sucked for over a year. I moved to tinypic, but several others have mentioned postimages.org. Tinypic is kinda sketchy, and I might pivot soon.

Member art
Imaginary "like clicks" to all art, and thanks Robby for resurrecting this thread.

Loom- I know you're out there...perhaps one of your dragons curled around "AtheistDiscussion" could be adopted as the logo?  Or if we become the Atheist Coffeehouse the dragon could be drinking a cup of coffee...?

Member art
Does member-played music count, or should that be a separate thread?

Member art
(10-05-2018, 03:28 AM)Maffis link Wrote: Does member-played music count, or should that be a separate thread?
"Music is the art we can carry around in our heads."

Member art
(10-05-2018, 03:28 AM)Maffis link Wrote: Does member-played music count, or should that be a separate thread?

Share away! Or you could start a music thread, I think we’ve got a few members who enjoy playing music.
"The Thinking Atheist forum" “The Thinking Atheist forum closed down" “TTA Forum”

Member art
I like to paint and crochet in my spare time.

[Image: 099_A71_A7-_FAA1-4227-9_D3_E-_E86_EC3_DE2_A23.jpg]

[Image: 56_B0_ABDF-_D023-4_D00-8_F38-7723185_D8_A60.jpg]

[Image: 8_DF111_DF-_FA4_A-404_D-_A2_C8-7630_D707135_F.jpg]

[Image: A53_BB445-4_A5_E-46_E2-850_C-10_DC968_A88_BD.jpg]

The following 10 users Like Smercury44's post:
  • Maffis, Mark, brewerb, Fireball, Phaedrus, TheGulegon, Emma, Jenny, Marozz, KittyAnn

Member art
[Image: dwzzmf.jpg]

[Image: 20rokde.jpg]
The following 6 users Like LonaWolf's post:
  • Smercury44, Maffis, Mark, brewerb, Phaedrus, Jenny

Member art
Chandelier looks like Darwin's tree of life.  :thumbs_up:

Member art
(10-06-2018, 09:53 AM)Gawdzilla Sama link Wrote:Chandelier looks like Darwin's tree of life.  :thumbs_up:

I like that!

It looks like a molecule to me, that’s why I picked it out. 
The following 1 user Likes LonaWolf's post:
  • Jenny

Member art
(10-06-2018, 04:27 PM)LonaWolf link Wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:Chandelier looks like Darwin's tree of life. :thumbs_up:

I like that! a

It looks like a molecule to me, that’s why I picked it out.
The original:

[Image: ahJk5.jpg]
The following 2 users Like Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Mark, Jenny

Member art
Made a Youtube channel several years ago hoping it would keep me motivated to practice but I've been really inconsistent since and this is the only one I've posted. Will hopefully find a good teacher after I move soon. Please try to ignore the awkward cut in the middle, I couldn't play the whole thing without a mistake...

The following 9 users Like Maffis's post:
  • Smercury44, Alan V, Mark, Phaedrus, Thumpalumpacus, Jenny, Dancefortwo, Fireball, Marozz

Member art
When the Center did Wine & Wolves Nights they had centerpieces on the tables with votive candles for mood lighting. I made several of the centerpieces with a wolf theme. This one hasn't been stained or varnished yet.

[Image: EwdnPUN.jpg]
The following 9 users Like Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Chas, brewerb, Fireball, Phaedrus, Thumpalumpacus, Emma, Mark, Jenny, Marozz

Member art
>,..,>

[Image: skitch__scritches_by_nakkir-dcpcclf.jpg]
The following 8 users Like Nakara's post:
  • ghostexorcist, brewerb, Phaedrus, Thumpalumpacus, Emma, Mark, Jenny, Marozz

Member art
(10-13-2018, 05:35 AM)Maffis link Wrote: Made a Youtube channel several years ago hoping it would keep me motivated to practice but I've been really inconsistent since and this is the only one I've posted. Will hopefully find a good teacher after I move soon. Please try to ignore the awkward cut in the middle, I couldn't play the whole thing without a mistake...

That was fantastic! I thoroughly enjoyed your playing!  :thumbs_up:
I've recently grown rudimentary legs and I am now making the move from water to land.
[Image: 7GV4EnI.png?1]
The following 2 users Like pablo's post:
  • Smercury44, Maffis

Member art
Wow! With all of the talent here I'd better get off my ass and do something.  Big Grin
I've recently grown rudimentary legs and I am now making the move from water to land.
The following 1 user Likes pablo's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus

Member art
(10-13-2018, 11:52 PM)pablo link Wrote: Wow! With all of the talent here I'd better get off my ass and do something.  Big Grin
Yep. I'm going to take a nap. [Image: 090822.gif]

Member art
An atheist and fantastic artist friend of mine recently published an adult level (no, not adult content) coloring book.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1726826449

I colored this as an example using Microsoft Paint3D. The link is for an actual physical book that is limited only by your own imagination.

[Image: XWghlzK.jpg?1]

The following 7 users Like pablo's post:
  • ghostexorcist, Mark, brewerb, Phaedrus, Thumpalumpacus, Jenny, Marozz

Member art
(10-13-2018, 05:35 AM)Maffis Wrote: Made a Youtube channel several years ago hoping it would keep me motivated to practice but I've been really inconsistent since and this is the only one I've posted. Will hopefully find a good teacher after I move soon. Please try to ignore the awkward cut in the middle, I couldn't play the whole thing without a mistake...

That was really wonderful, thank you for sharing!
The following 1 user Likes Smercury44's post:
  • Maffis

Member art
I like researching the historical, religious, and folklore origins of a famous 16th-century Chinese novel called Journey to the West. The story follows an immortal monkey demon-turned-Buddhist monk who protects a priest traveling from China to India to retrieve scriptures from the Buddha. The monkey's unruly nature is kept in check by a magical golden headband that tightens around his head when a spell is chanted. In the end, he becomes a Buddha, at which point the headband disappears.

I recently saw this really neat 12th-century Japanese wooden statue of the Chinese Buddhist monk Baozhi (寶志, 418–514) with his face splitting open to reveal the Bodhisattva Guanyin, symbolizing his attainment of enlightenment.

[Image: dZLDRo.jpg]

I decided to do my own version with the monkey because he attains Buddhahood. The outer screaming face gives way to one of serenity, denoting his transition from an angry immortal to an enlightened Buddha. The sparks at the top represent his headband snapping open since it is no longer needed. Holy light emanates from the Urna on his forehead.

[Image: s4cnaj.png]
The following 8 users Like ghostexorcist's post:
  • Alan V, RobbyPants, Mark, jerry mcmasters, brewerb, Thumpalumpacus, Jenny, Marozz

Member art
(10-13-2018, 05:35 AM)Maffis Wrote: Made a Youtube channel several years ago hoping it would keep me motivated to practice but I've been really inconsistent since and this is the only one I've posted. Will hopefully find a good teacher after I move soon. Please try to ignore the awkward cut in the middle, I couldn't play the whole thing without a mistake...

I love that.  Sounds vaguely familiar.  Is it your own creation?  You sure play amazing.
"Talk nonsense, but talk your own nonsense, and I'll kiss you for it. To go wrong in one's own way is better than to go right in someone else's. 
F. D.