Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Food!!! What are you eating today??!

Slow cooker pot roast today.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]

Cherry pie.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

(05-24-2020, 11:00 PM)Dānu Wrote: Cherry pie.

we went on a road trip, and had bar burgers in Elbe. They were wicked good falling apart loaded.
https://visitrainier.com/elbe-bar-and-grill/

Making a little mini bbq for me and my significant other. I'm making hotdogs (regular for him/vegan ones for me), potato salad, stuffed olives, and apple pie and so delicious vanilla ice cream for dessert. Then opening some Scotch later and having a few drinks under the night sky.
The following 1 user Likes Bcat's post:
  • Cavebear

Having a Totino's pepperoni party pizza. Woohoo! I feel like I'm 20 years old again!
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda
The following 1 user Likes Dānu's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus

Trying to be healthier. Baked chicken.

Pork and pinto beans, with buttered brown toast. The pork was very vinegar-heavy. I don't dislike vinegar, but I like balance in all things.
Is this sig thing on?

Cuban beef over rice with Matouk's hot sauce, mixed vegetables, and apples baked in cinnamon.

Vivekananda

(05-25-2020, 06:02 PM)Bcat Wrote: Making a little mini bbq for me and my significant other.  I'm making hotdogs (regular for him/vegan ones for me), potato salad, stuffed olives, and apple pie and so delicious vanilla ice cream for dessert.  Then opening some Scotch later and having a few drinks under the night sky.

How do you stuff an olive? And with what? And black or green? I'm actually rather curious about this.
Never argue with people who type fast and have too much time on their hands...
The following 1 user Likes Cavebear's post:
  • Bcat

(05-26-2020, 08:29 AM)Cavebear Wrote:
(05-25-2020, 06:02 PM)Bcat Wrote: Making a little mini bbq for me and my significant other.  I'm making hotdogs (regular for him/vegan ones for me), potato salad, stuffed olives, and apple pie and so delicious vanilla ice cream for dessert.  Then opening some Scotch later and having a few drinks under the night sky.

How do you stuff an olive?   And with what?  And black or green?  I'm actually rather curious about this.

You just put whatever you want into a pimento olive (after you take out the pimento)--like garlic, guacamole, whatever you like for stuffing purposes.  Or you can buy them prestuffed.  If you stuff them yourself, you can put whatever you like in it and aren't limited by the stores options.  Smile
The following 1 user Likes Bcat's post:
  • adey67

What do you like?

Breakfast was an egg bagel with peanut butter, cheerios in almond coconut milk and veggie sausage.
Is this sig thing on?

(05-26-2020, 02:34 PM)Bcat Wrote:
(05-26-2020, 08:29 AM)Cavebear Wrote:

How do you stuff an olive?   And with what?  And black or green?  I'm actually rather curious about this.

You just put whatever you want into a pimento olive (after you take out the pimento)--like garlic, guacamole, whatever you like for stuffing purposes.  Or you can buy them prestuffed.  If you stuff them yourself, you can put whatever you like in it and aren't limited by the stores options.  Smile

Stuffed olives are one of life's true pleasures especially for a gourmand like me, my favorites include fresh raw garlic anchovy and best of all feta cheese stuffed black olives.
The whole point of having cake is to eat it Cake_Feast
The following 2 users Like adey67's post:
  • Bcat, c172

Quarter pounder burgers with onion tomatoes and mustard pickles.

(05-26-2020, 04:03 PM)adey67 Wrote: Quarter pounder burgers with onion tomatoes and mustard pickles.

Mmmm, yummy! I haven't had a good hamburger in ages. And what with the lockdowns, I can't even get a fast food fix for it.

Vivekananda
The following 1 user Likes Dānu's post:
  • adey67

(05-26-2020, 05:09 PM)Dānu Wrote:
(05-26-2020, 04:03 PM)adey67 Wrote: Quarter pounder burgers with onion tomatoes and mustard pickles.

Mmmm, yummy!  I haven't had a good hamburger in ages.  And what with the lockdowns, I can't even get a fast food fix for it.

These are homemade but surprisingly similar to a whopper from Burger King.
The following 1 user Likes adey67's post:
  • c172

Leftover pork ribs with Carolina mustard.

Vivekananda

Cub Foods has Koru apples for $0.99/lb. Last week it was Pazzazz apples, my personal favorite. I need to learn how to eat faster. This is hell on my social distancing record with me constantly headed to the store.

Vivekananda

Grilled cheese (closed face, American cheese, Tabasco, one side buttered for frying), tortilla chips, and Del Real hot green salsa.
Is this sig thing on?

Nongshim shin ramyun noodle soup with smoky habanero marinated chicken. Life is good.

Vivekananda

More of the rice and pintos with pork. Instead of nuking it, I cooked it on the stovetop. Much better. Moistened it quite a bit.
Is this sig thing on?
The following 1 user Likes c172's post:
  • Dānu

Tuna salad (tuna, may, scallions, celery, black pepper) on potato roll, w/ chips.
“Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet. 
Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich.”
― Napoleon Bonaparte

Beef ramen with chicken chunks. Apparently I'm out of beef chunks. Either that, or they have irretrievably disappeared into the miasma that is my freezer.

Vivekananda

Peanut butter on brown bread toast and a couple veggie sausages.
Is this sig thing on?

(05-27-2020, 02:12 PM)Dānu Wrote: Beef ramen with chicken chunks.  Apparently I'm out of beef chunks.  Either that, or they have irretrievably disappeared into the miasma that is my freezer.
I choked on that first sentence. Aggravated