Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Food!!! What are you eating today??!

I couldn't wait, so I had two microwave burritos with Sambal Oelek. Now I'm munching on Muenster cheese with sweet & hot mustard.
[Image: signature%20The-Ascension-of-Iweko.jpg]

Leftover pork stew from the other night, which came out well. I've been sick the last couple of days and the broth has been very handy that way.
"What senses do we lack that we cannot see or hear another world all around us?" -- Frank Herbert

Further adventures in ramen rancheros. I found an egg yolk separator made by Joseph Joseph at a discount store, so I'm giving that a try. It has a wedge in the center for cracking the egg, but after several wasted eggs in which it would crack the egg but not split the shell halves apart, forcing me to try doing so by hand, ultimately resulting in a broken yolk, I gave up and just used the partially separated eggs. I think this separator will work, it's only the cracking wedge included with it which isn't particularly helpful. If I can break the egg open with the edge of something else, I think it will separate the yolks just fine. But I'd already wasted enough eggs playing, so I put the egg white and yolk mixture in a container and microwaved it, and then cooked the ramen separately (to avoid the frothing that occurs when you cook the two together).

I'm making progress.

And Aldi's had a couple of oddly flavored tins of herring. I tried the herring in curry pineapple, which was good. And they have herring in mango pepper sauce which I also bought a tin of. I'll wait until I get my food stamps to buy more. I'll be stocking up on sardines in oil with chilis from Sun World supermarket when that happens as well.

Sloppy joes, using mix from a can. I bought store brand sauce mix, figuring it would have about the same taste as Manwich. Oddly enough, the finished product was in need of salt. I'm guessing they expect you to salt and pepper the ground beef when you cook it, but the directions didn't call for it, so I didn't add it. The flavor is worse than the powdered sauce packets where you add tomato paste. Not by much, but at least the packets tasted of fresh tomato. I'll try Manwich next and then proceed to trying different scratch recipes. I was tempted to add brown sugar while I was cooking, and in hindsight I probably should have. Well, at least I know what the base sauce tastes like now.

Jumbo sausage, chips peas and gravy.
He loves me?  Facepalm

[Image: 954717.jpg]

That's food, right?

Falafel taco.

Brats, with refried beans and 4 cheese mexican mix on a hot dog bun.
 Check out my atheist poetry here... https://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/31771 I also go by "RationalPoet"@brianrrs37 on Twitter and "Brian James" Rational Poet on FB. 

Samyang hot chicken ramen. I think the Samyang stuff is meant for somebody else. It's a bit too hot for me.

Used pizza.
He loves me?  Facepalm

Oatmeal with dried fruit, brown sugar, and syrup.

I took chicken thighs and a rib steak out of the freezer.

The first to thaw gets eaten tonight.

Oh, no Hallucinations 4:11 says the 'gilded sheep should be stewed in rat blood' but Morons 5:16 contradicts it.

Chili dogs.

Pork chops with roasted veggies.
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]