Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does the World news section have too many pinned threads?

Does the World news section have too many pinned threads?
(09-11-2020, 03:43 PM)Aliza Wrote:
(09-11-2020, 03:10 PM)Dānu Wrote: Splitting off non-US threads to a separate section might actually harm them, if, as seems to be the case from what you say, they're less trafficked.  If some spillover occurs as a result of lumping them together, that may be a good thing.  I guess it depends on whether those threads can stand on their own, and that may be something you'll just have to try to see.  It's possible it could go the other direction as well, if people turned off by the US-centric threads spend more time in the new section because there's less competition.  I'm glad I'm not an admin.

Granted, Trump and US affairs are totally linked at this point, but I do find it distracting to the topic of world news when Trump dominates everything. I want to read intellectual posts about the world and what little is left of US news that isn't connected to Trump, and I want to allow myself to foam at the mouth and bitch about Trump.

There is a wealth of US threads in there because, at this time, the US is the craziest IMO. But, also, the US is always US centric on news, you can't even get international news in the main stream news at all. I think that is part of why someone like trump can even exist, because people are totally ignorant of what is happening in the rest of the world. 

I invited Dessee and Szuchow on purpose to write about politics in their countries, and would like to see Canada and Australia and other country specific threads if we can get existing members to update them.

No, they won't be as busy as the US, but at least we will be able to understand how things are going in the rest of the world. Now that these threads are unpinned, they will simply disappear.
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 3 users Like Dom's post:
  • Bcat, skyking, Kim

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does the World news section have too many pinned threads? - by Dom - 09-11-2020, 04:16 PM