Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firefox browser acting up with this forum

Firefox browser acting up with this forum
Yes, I get the message about failing to connect all the time but my computer does not freeze up.  That does sound as if there is something else going on.

Usually I do not get the message on a primary contact.  IOW when I open AD from my homepage it usually works fine.  I can pick a message, type a reply and have it go through without issue.

It is the "secondary" contact that causes the problem.  For example:  I'll open a thread, hit reply, type up a comment and then look to add a citation to another site, usually a news site.  Then, I will preview the story, select the news url I have just posted, and copy a headline or comment from the story and come back to quote it on AD.  This normally works fine.  It is when I then go to submit the completed post that I get the error message that Phae mentions and I would say that happens half the time.  I don't have a clue why it works the other half of the time.  In most cases I select the entire post, copy it, and back out all the way to the homepage.  Then I go back in, find the thread, paste the reply and hit submit and it goes through.  Here's the kicker.  In about 25% of the cases I find that the post that it told me did not go through is already there!

I'm way above my pay grade here but I have wondered if it doesn't have something to do with the various pay walls or adblock / anti-adblock software that a lot of these sites use.  I'll leave that speculation to the experts.  With Chrome, if I get that message it is usually because the site is down and FF does not work either.  I should probably start using Chrome more.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”

Messages In This Thread
RE: Firefox browser acting up with this forum - by Minimalist - 12-08-2019, 03:56 PM