Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Historical Jesus, Biblical Jesus

(09-21-2019, 02:27 PM)Free Wrote: We do have evidence of the existence of human beings.

Of human beings, certainly, yet to not be confused with a single human being with whom you are so gloriously in love.

(09-21-2019, 02:28 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:
(09-21-2019, 02:27 PM)Free Wrote: We do have evidence of the existence of human beings.

Of human beings, certainly, yet to not be confused with a single human being with whom you are so gloriously in love.

And what evidence do you have that indicates that I am in any way "gloriously in love" with this Jesus fellow?

[Image: investigate-background-check-nfp-medium-w400.jpg]
Welcome to the Atheist Forums on AtheistDiscussion.org

(09-21-2019, 02:31 PM)Free Wrote:
(09-21-2019, 02:28 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:

And what evidence do you have that indicates that I am in any way "gloriously in love" with this Jesus fellow?

If we used your methology much more than that there was a 'Jesus'  ROFL2
The following 1 user Likes madog's post:
  • Phaedrus

(09-21-2019, 02:31 PM)Free Wrote: And what evidence do you have that indicates that I am in any way "gloriously in love" with this Jesus fellow?

Your continual insistence that he had to have existed, of course.

(09-21-2019, 02:33 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:
(09-21-2019, 02:31 PM)Free Wrote: And what evidence do you have that indicates that I am in any way "gloriously in love" with this Jesus fellow?

You mean my continued insistence that the argument for his existence is a better argument than for his non-existence, right?

I'm giving you a chance here.

Whistling

(09-21-2019, 02:35 PM)Free Wrote: You mean my continued insistence that the argument for his existence is a better argument than for his non-existence, right?

Whistling

You're allowed your bias, so long as you are aware that is what it is. Deadpan Coffee Drinker
The following 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post:
  • madog

(09-21-2019, 02:33 PM)madog Wrote:
(09-21-2019, 02:31 PM)Free Wrote:
(09-21-2019, 02:28 PM)Phaedrus Wrote: Of human beings, certainly, yet to not be confused with a single human being with whom you are so gloriously in love.

If we used your methology much more than that there was a 'Jesus'  ROFL2

^^^ An obvious senseless and meaningless assertion.

Desperation has clearly set in!

Dance

@Free

I'm still waiting for the evidence for your positive claim that Christians invented the spelling of Christians ...

The name of the inventor will do, as I know you don't like showing your apparent evidence  ... I can look the inventor up on Google if he exists 

ROFL2

(09-21-2019, 02:36 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:
(09-21-2019, 02:35 PM)Free Wrote: You mean my continued insistence that the argument for his existence is a better argument than for his non-existence, right?

Whistling

You're allowed your bias, so long as you are aware that is what it is.  Deadpan Coffee Drinker

The evidence speaks for itself, not only to me, but to countless professional historians both faithful and secular. Using your reasoning, every last historian within the consensus must be bias, right? Not one of them cannot be, right?

ROFL2

(09-21-2019, 02:39 PM)Free Wrote: The evidence speaks for itself

The same is stated for that which is in opposition to your bias.

(09-21-2019, 02:35 PM)Free Wrote:
(09-21-2019, 02:33 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:

You mean my continued insistence that the argument for his existence is a better argument than for his non-existence, right?

Whistling

Arguments and claims are all well and good, but you also need evidence ... AND RELEVANT EVIDENCE AT THAT  Winking

(09-21-2019, 02:38 PM)madog Wrote: @Free

I'm still waiting for the evidence for your positive claim that Christians invented the spelling of Christians ...

The name of the inventor will do, as I know you don't like showing your apparent evidence  ... I can look the inventor up on Google if he exists 

ROFL2

It's been given, and you're ignoring it. You won't even address it.

(09-21-2019, 02:41 PM)madog Wrote:
(09-21-2019, 02:35 PM)Free Wrote:
(09-21-2019, 02:33 PM)Phaedrus Wrote: Your continual insistence that he had to have existed, of course.

Whistling

Arguments and claims are all well and good, but you also need evidence ... AND RELEVANT EVIDENCE AT THAT  Winking

The evidence I provided is considered to be highly relevant among professional historians. What is not relevant is your uneducated view of it.

Deadpan Coffee Drinker

(09-21-2019, 02:41 PM)Free Wrote:
(09-21-2019, 02:38 PM)madog Wrote: @Free

ROFL2

It's been given, and you're ignoring it. You won't even address it.

If thats true, then score an easy point and show it again ..... thought so  Dodgy

(09-21-2019, 02:41 PM)Free Wrote: It's been given, and you're ignoring it. You won't even address it.

Kind of similar to you not addressing the evidence opposed to your bias.

(09-21-2019, 02:42 PM)Free Wrote:
(09-21-2019, 02:41 PM)madog Wrote:

Whistling

The evidence I provided is considered to be highly relevant among professional historians. What is not relevant is your uneducated view of it.

Deadpan Coffee Drinker

After 30 odd pages you could be referring to anything  ... dickhead  .... if you have evidence that Christians invented the spelling Christian supply the evidence or a link   Dodgy
  • Phaedrus

(09-21-2019, 02:44 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:
(09-21-2019, 02:41 PM)Free Wrote: It's been given, and you're ignoring it. You won't even address it.

There is no bias on my part.

There's certainly bias on yours, madog, and Minimalist, which likely comes from cognitive dissonance.

(09-21-2019, 02:46 PM)madog Wrote:
(09-21-2019, 02:42 PM)Free Wrote:
(09-21-2019, 02:41 PM)madog Wrote: Arguments and claims are all well and good, but you also need evidence ... AND RELEVANT EVIDENCE AT THAT  Winking

Deadpan Coffee Drinker

After 30 odd pages you could be referring to anything  ... dickhead  .... if you have evidence that Christians invented the spelling Christian supply the evidence or a link   Dodgy

1 page ago, dude.

ROFL2

(09-21-2019, 02:47 PM)Free Wrote: There is no bias on my part.

There's certainly bias on yours, madog, and Minimalist, which likely comes from cognitive dissonance.

Glad to finally be included into the intelligent group, since you left my name out last time.

Furthermore, your bias shines as bright as a twink's flame.
The following 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post:
  • madog

(09-21-2019, 02:47 PM)Free Wrote:
(09-21-2019, 02:44 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:

There is no bias on my part.

You projecting again, did my pointing out your "cognitive dissonance" hit a nerve?
  • Phaedrus

(09-21-2019, 01:57 PM)madog Wrote:
(09-21-2019, 01:44 PM)Free Wrote:
(09-21-2019, 08:45 AM)madog Wrote:  
Can you back that up?  ... another one of your blind assertions  Dodgy

You state "the Christians invented the spelling "Christian""  .... Show how you know this and what evidence you rely on ? (hint anything after the very early 2nd century will fail Winking )

Again, I already have. I have shown you and others in this thread numerous times ancient texts about how the Christians complained to non-Christians about their mispronouncing/misspelling "Christian" as "Chrestian," which incidentally flew right over your head as evidence that the non-Christian populace called them Chrestians.

But ... of course you will deny this!

Thumbs Up

Because someone complains how someone else pronounces a words has absoluteley no evidential value as to who invented the word ...

Your faulty logic is showing.

If the non-Christians called them "Chrestians," then obviously "Christian" wasn't a designation by non-Christians.

1 + 1 = 2.

It's not rocket science.

(09-21-2019, 02:50 PM)Free Wrote: Your faulty logic is showing.

If the non-Christians called them "Chrestians," then obviously it wasn't a designation by non-Christians.

1 + 1 = 2.

It's not rocket science.

You have been educated on the etymology, yet you still want to feign ignorance on the basis of bias.

Deadpan Coffee Drinker

(09-21-2019, 02:52 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:
(09-21-2019, 02:50 PM)Free Wrote: Your faulty logic is showing.

If the non-Christians called them "Chrestians," then obviously it wasn't a designation by non-Christians.

1 + 1 = 2.

It's not rocket science.

You have been educated on the etymology, yet you still want to feign ignorance on the basis of bias.

Deadpan Coffee Drinker

This is just an obvious attempt to distract, as no evidence of bias can be produced.

You, sir, are DISMISSED!

Deadpan Coffee Drinker

(09-21-2019, 02:48 PM)Free Wrote:
(09-21-2019, 02:46 PM)madog Wrote:
(09-21-2019, 02:42 PM)Free Wrote: The evidence I provided is considered to be highly relevant among professional historians. What is not relevant is your uneducated view of it.

Deadpan Coffee Drinker

1 page ago, dude.

ROFL2

Are you referring to this?

Quote:Free wrote:

Again, I already have. I have shown you and others in this thread numerous times ancient texts about how the Christians complained to non-Christians about their mispronouncing/misspelling "Christian" as "Chrestian," which incidentally flew right over your head as evidence that the non-Christian populace called them Chrestians.

Are you again referring to your own words as evidence?

As none of the texts, I'm assuming you are referring to, indicate the inventor of the spelling of Christians.

(09-21-2019, 02:55 PM)Free Wrote: This is just an obvious attempt to distract, as no evidence of bias can be produced.

You, sir, are DISMISSED!

Deadpan Coffee Drinker

I will take that as a win on my part, since you cannot handle all that is the truth I offer.