Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mafia game queue

Mafia game queue
(12-09-2018, 05:32 PM)Aliza Wrote: Oh, and you did a great job, Joods!<3

Thank you Aliza  Heart
      Christianity: 
God meddles in the affairs of humans in a small part the Earth for 1500 years, giving one tribal society rules to live by.
He stops all direct contact for the next 2,000 years, leaving us with a metaphorical set of instructions.
The following 1 user Likes Joods's post:
  • Aliza

Mafia game queue
(12-09-2018, 07:19 PM)EvieTheAvocado Wrote: I have been thinking about creating my own game and adding it to the game queue.

It would be a standard game. With standard roles. But I want to find a particular setup to use to make sure it's balanced. And I haven't found one yet.

But when I do, perhaps my game can join the list?

I don't see why you can't host. When you have it ready to go, let me know and I'll add you.
      Christianity: 
God meddles in the affairs of humans in a small part the Earth for 1500 years, giving one tribal society rules to live by.
He stops all direct contact for the next 2,000 years, leaving us with a metaphorical set of instructions.
  • EvieTheAvocado

Mafia game queue
(12-09-2018, 06:32 PM)Schrodinger's Outlaw Wrote: what do I gotta do to get in on the next game?

Go to the sign up thread for that game and request to be a player.
      Christianity: 
  • EvieTheAvocado

Mafia game queue
(12-09-2018, 09:52 PM)Joods Wrote:
(12-09-2018, 07:19 PM)EvieTheAvocado Wrote: I have been thinking about creating my own game and adding it to the game queue.

It would be a standard game. With standard roles. But I want to find a particular setup to use to make sure it's balanced. And I haven't found one yet.

But when I do, perhaps my game can join the list?

I don't see why you can't host. When you have it ready to go, let me know and I'll add you.

Cool! It won't take long to make a theme out of the standard roles ... I just wanna have a setup ready for each player amount ... so I'm prepared if more than 9 players join.
My Argument Against Free Will Wrote:(1) Ultimately, to control your actions you have to originate your original nature.

(2) But you can't originate your original nature—it's already there.

(3) So, ultimately, you can't control your actions.
The following 1 user Likes EvieTheAvocado's post:
  • Joods

Mafia game queue
I have completed my first Mafia game to mod all by myself. It should be an easy enough one to do. It is Chocolate Mafia and it is a standard game with standard roles (the theme is purely for fun and has zero effect on gameplay). It is a semi-open setup in that I won't say which roles are being used for the game but the available roles are the following:

Possible Roles For Town

Vanilla Townie
Town Cop
Town Doctor
Town Jailkeeper
Tracker
Innocent Child
Vigilante

Possible Roles For Scum

Goon
Encryptor
Rolecop
Roleblocker
Tracker

I can run the game with anywhere between 7 and 14 players. I've already completed it for 9 players but I can easily modify it for more or fewer players.

So please add my game to the queue
Smile
My Argument Against Free Will Wrote:(1) Ultimately, to control your actions you have to originate your original nature.

The following 2 users Like EvieTheAvocado's post:
  • Joods, Losty

Mafia game queue
@Mathilda I'll need you to either add Evie to the first post, or put my mod privileges back on so I can add him myself.
      Christianity: 
  • EvieTheAvocado

Mafia game queue
I'm interested in joining, I just can't DM this kinda game. I'd be willing to learn.
The following 2 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post:
  • Mathilda, EvieTheAvocado

Mafia game queue
(12-12-2018, 03:49 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote: I'm interested in joining, I just can't DM this kinda game. I'd be willing to learn.

Excellent! I'll add you to the next game.
The following 2 users Like Mathilda's post:
  • cheapthrillseaker, EvieTheAvocado

Mafia game queue
@Mathilda @Aliza

I need you all to turn my permissions back on so that I can update this page, please.
      Christianity: 

Mafia game queue
OK done (I think).
The following 1 user Likes Mathilda's post:
  • Joods

Mafia game queue
Yes - thank you. I'll take care of it now.
      Christianity: 

Mafia game queue
@EvieTheAvocado You are up. I removed myself from the game queue because of school.

There is no one else lined up to host another game. If we could get some more games in the queue, that'd be great. Just let me know so I can add the games to the list!
      Christianity: 

Mafia game queue
I have a few games in mind. To be honest I keep forgetting what games I have. I'm pretty sure I figured out three of them but can only ever remember two at once.

Anyway the two that currently come to mind are:

Diplomacy
Role madness (experimental)
  • Joods

Mafia game queue
If everyone is still okay with me going next I'm totally ready. All I have to do is write up the OP for the sign-up thread and then when enough people of signed up I have to write up the OP for the main game thread.

And you know me, writing things up won't take long. I just need confirmation that everyone is definitely okay with me going next.

I know that Joods said I'm up because she canceled her game but if Mathilda wants to go before me I'm fine with that, too.

@Mathilda Okay going after me?

• pocaracas, Aliza

Mafia game queue
(01-09-2019, 06:21 PM)EvieTheAvocado Wrote: If everyone is still okay with me going next I'm totally ready. All I have to do is write up the OP for the sign-up thread and then when enough people of signed up I have to write up the OP for the main game thread.

And you know me, writing things up won't take long. I just need confirmation that everyone is definitely okay with me going next.

I know that Joods said I'm up because she canceled her game but if Mathilda wants to go before me I'm fine with that, too.

@Mathilda Okay going after me?

I want my turn at playing so whoever is ready, get it going!
The following 1 user Likes Aliza's post:
  • EvieTheAvocado

Mafia game queue
Feel free to go ahead Evie.
  • EvieTheAvocado

Mafia game queue
Alright then, I'm just gonna have something to eat and then I'll write up the sign-up thread and post it.

The following 1 user Likes EvieTheAvocado's post:
  • Smercury44

Mafia game queue
I would like to sign up to host a game.
The following 5 users Like Revenant77x's post:
  • TheGulegon, Joods, Aliza, EvieTheAvocado, Smercury44

Mafia game queue
@Mathilda - you are up now for either one of your games. Please start a sign up thread.
@Revenant77x - your game will be after Mathilda's.
      Christianity: 

Mafia game queue
(01-17-2019, 01:30 AM)Joods Wrote: @Mathilda - you are up now for either one of your games. Please start a sign up thread.
@Revenant77x - your game will be after Mathilda's.

Aha! Just looking down my list of ideas and I think I have a good game to try next.

You. Will. All. Hate. Me. Girl_yes2
The following 3 users Like Mathilda's post:
  • Joods, EvieTheAvocado, Smercury44

Mafia game queue
Well - I won't hate you. While I have school, gaming is out for me. I just don't have the time. I was supposed to go to school this morning. As it is, my ankle swelled back up and I have to try and make an appointment today with my doctor.
      Christianity: 

Mafia game queue
(01-17-2019, 12:38 AM)Revenant77x Wrote: I would like to sign up to host a game.

I'll definitely be playing in your game if I'm invited! Big Grin Smile

Mafia game queue
@Mathilda I'll be signing up to your game as well, for sure.

Mafia game queue
(01-17-2019, 01:32 PM)EvieTheAvocado Wrote: @Mathilda I'll be signing up to your game as well, for sure.

Great! I'll sign you up!

http://atheistdiscussion.org/forums/show...p?tid=2500
  • EvieTheAvocado

Mafia game queue
I'm working on two new games because I enjoyed modding mine so much and I felt inspired by Mathilda's role madness game.

One game will be called Fruit Mafia and it will be like my Chocolate Mafia game only with a fruit theme instead of a chocolate theme and instead of being semi-open it will be fully open once the possible roles are RNGed. It is a standard game. The emphasis is on basic Mafia and game balance is vital.

My other game will be called RGB  RPS Mafia and it will be a Red Green Blue and Rock Paper Scissors themed role madness game with a Town team, one scum team ... and a serial killer. The emphasis will be on funness rather than fairness and the roles are NOT open: They will be a total mystery to everyone but myself. The game will still mostly uses standard roles with at least three exceptions: There is one unique role for each team that I created myself. Also, vanilla townies and goons may or may not also be in the game as well. It's kind of semi-role madness but is hopefully well balanced and tweaked okay. Most of all: hope it will be fun for everyone just like Mathilda's last game was!

I hope everyone will enjoy both games. Feel free to let me know which you want to try first.

• pocaracas, Mathilda