Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What movie did you last see?

[Image: star-wars-luke.jpg]
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda
The following 1 user Likes Dānu's post:
  • Gwaithmir

No spoilers! I'm still watching.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Phaedrus

[Image: Ant-Man_and_the_Wasp_poster.jpg]
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)
The following 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post:
  • Dānu

[Image: marvel.png]

The world desperately needs a woman with blue snot. Deadpan Coffee Drinker
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

(04-09-2020, 02:30 PM)Dānu Wrote: [Image: marvel.png]

The world desperately needs a woman with blue snot.  Deadpan Coffee Drinker

That would truly be a marvel. Thumbs Up

Murder on the Orient Express.
The Kenneth Branagh ego trip and snooze fest.  An awful and unnecessary remake.   Thumbsdown
No gods necessary

(04-10-2020, 12:23 AM)brunumb Wrote: Murder on the Orient Express.
The Kenneth Branagh ego trip and snooze fest.  An awful and unnecessary remake.   Thumbsdown

Boss Lady loves mysteries. We were sitting in a theater when they started the trailers. First scene was a train traveling through some mountains. I immediately turned to her and said "Murder on the Orient Express!" A few minutes later she hit me.

I do notice that "Murder on the Nile" never went anywhere.

(04-10-2020, 12:29 AM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: I do notice that "Murder on the Nile" never went anywhere.

Maybe 'cos they changed the name from "Death on the Nile".   Tongue (Just kidding)
I read that it was scheduled for release later this year.
No gods necessary

(04-10-2020, 06:42 AM)brunumb Wrote:
(04-10-2020, 12:29 AM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: I do notice that "Murder on the Nile" never went anywhere.

Maybe 'cos they changed the name from "Death on the Nile".   Tongue (Just kidding)
I read that it was scheduled for release later this year.

Shows how important it was to me. Chuckle

The Perks of Being a Wallflower: A small group of high school misfits create their own little social group, and help each other get over being damaged in various ways. It was rather more serious than I had hoped for from an entertainment, but had a light touch and some beautiful moments.

[Image: finalfantasy3_new.jpg?w=596&h=596&crop=1]

Vivekananda
The following 3 users Like Dānu's post:
  • Gwaithmir, Gawdzilla Sama, Phaedrus

[Image: 330px-Vengeance_valley_poster.jpg]
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)
The following 2 users Like Gwaithmir's post:
  • Gawdzilla Sama, Dānu

[Image: v1.bTsxMTI5MDI3OTtqOzE4NDQ1OzEyMDA7MTM5ODsxODY0]

I bailed after 30 minutes. Not one of his better films.

Vivekananda
The following 1 user Likes Dānu's post:
  • Gwaithmir

[Image: Schindler%27s_List_movie.jpg]

"I felt that the Jews were being destroyed. I had to help them; there was no choice." (Oskar Schindler)
The following 4 users Like Gwaithmir's post:
  • Phaedrus, M.Linoge, Dancefortwo, Bcat

(04-13-2020, 12:52 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote: [Image: Schindler%27s_List_movie.jpg]

"I felt that the Jews were being destroyed. I had to help them; there was no choice." (Oskar Schindler)

First saw that movie around 1999/2000, in college, as part of our Honors Program where several classes were in sync regarding what we studied. Just so happened I was attending college in DC at the time where I also got to see the Holocaust Museum.
The following 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post:
  • Gwaithmir

[Image: 30Briefing-asia-slide-7SYT-superJumbo.jpg]

Infinity War

Vivekananda
The following 2 users Like Dānu's post:
  • Alan V, Gwaithmir

Love her game face.
The following 1 user Likes Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Alan V

The Other Lamb

Quote:A girl born into an all-female cult led by a man in their compound begins to question his teachings and her own reality.
The following 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post:
  • M.Linoge

Midnight's Children (2012)
The story of Saleem, born on the day India ceased to be a British colony, 1947. Of his parents, grandparents, and their dramatic circumstances around political and cultural conflict - war and civil war.

Deadfall (2012)
Two criminals running for the border during a blizzard gets split up after a car wreck. Each taking a very different journey towards a thanksgiving dinner.

American Factory (2019)
A documentary of a Chinese company acquiring and reopening an abandoned factory in Ohio. The cultural difference and the tension between management and workers makes it difficult.

- Not sure how real it is. Some parts were very convenient. Some parts are funny, like the Chinese having seminars about American psychology.

Pokémon Detective Pikachu (2019)
A young boy tries to solve the murder of his estranged father, with the help of his father’s pikachu.

That Awkward Moment (2014)
Three grown men swears to not have serious relationships. Then they meet great women and have to hide it from each other.

Screwed (2011)
After serving in the middle east, a solider takes a job in a prison. By the time he realizes the guards are even worse than the prisoners, it might be too late to get out. 

Beasts of the Southern Wild (2012)
A six year old girl has to make sense of the world, living in an isolated bayou community called The Bathtub with a slightly crazy father.

[Image: giphy.gif]
"The advantage of faith over reason, is that reason requires understanding. Which usually requires education; resources of time and money. 
Religion needs none of that. - It empowers the lowliest idiot to pretend that he is wiser than the wise, ignoring all the indications otherwise "
 - A. Ra
The following 2 users Like M.Linoge's post:
  • Phaedrus, Bcat

[Image: bucky2.jpg?resize=1280%2C640&ssl=1]

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Vivekananda
The following 2 users Like Dānu's post:
  • Alan V, Gwaithmir

And to think he went on to be a doctor, an astronaut, and a pioneer on Mars, not to mention a mutineer.

The Platform

Quote:A vertical prison with one cell per level. Two people per cell. One only food platform and two minutes per day to feed from up to down. An endless nightmare trapped in The Hole.

Infinity Wars. How does Cap know "we have incoming"?

Barricade (2012)  Heart
After the death of his wife, a doctor and his two children drive up to a cabin in the middle of winter.
Strange things happen and then a storm traps them inside the cabin, and a living nightmare.

3096 Days (2013)
As a girl, Natasha is kidnapped and confined in a small living space built under the kidnappers’ house. Years go by, living under the whims of a madman, before she tries to escape.

The Descent (2005)  Heart
A group of women explore a cave system when an collapse seals off the way they came. To find a way out they go deeper than anyone has gone... and returned to speak of it. 

Sanctum (2011)  Heart
A team of divers and a few civilians are trapped inside a massive cave system by a storm. Will they find a way out, or drown trying?

The People Under the Stairs (1991)  Heart
Fool, a young boy so called because of a tarot card, participates in a break in with adults. Turns out they picked the wrong house to break into... 

House on Haunted Hill (1999)  Heart
Stephen Price, a millionaire with a reputation for scaring people, invites a seemingly random group of strangers to an old hospital with a horrible past and offers them each one million if the dare to stay through the night. A game that becomes moot when the building, for some reason, goes into lock-down.

[Image: giphy.gif]
"The advantage of faith over reason, is that reason requires understanding. Which usually requires education; resources of time and money. 
Religion needs none of that. - It empowers the lowliest idiot to pretend that he is wiser than the wise, ignoring all the indications otherwise "
 - A. Ra
The following 2 users Like M.Linoge's post:
  • Phaedrus, Bcat

[Image: Enemybelowposter.jpg]
Thumbs Up