Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What TV are you Currently Watching?

(12-05-2018, 04:52 PM)mlmooney89 Wrote: I started to lose interest because I really don't like Piper's storyline but since they started expanding on everyone else I am back in. I agree with you on the finale part!

Yeah, by season 2, or so, if you didn't know the whole thing started from Piper's perspective, you'd probably just assume she's one of the random characters. Any given episode probably has something like six different plots running at one time. I think their weakest season was probably five. I feel like it could have been squeezed into three episodes and it would have come out just fine. For better or worse, they started experimenting with different theme homages one episode at a time. It was cute, but it wouldn't have made the cut if I were editing the story lines.
The following 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post:
  • mlmooney89

I watched Hill House. I thought it was brilliant. I was intensely skeptical at first - the audiobook is one of the few books that has truly frightened me, and neither movie adaptations were any good, I thought. But this treatment was exceptional. I laughed, I cried, I was disturbed, I had anxiety. It was great. 10/10 would ride that roller coaster again.

Although bursting into tears after it was all done because of my own family issues could have been skipped.
The following 1 user Likes thesummerqueen's post:
  • mlmooney89

Currently I'm watching the State Funeral of George HW Bush.
      Christianity: 
God meddles in the affairs of humans in a small part the Earth for 1500 years, giving one tribal society rules to live by.
He stops all direct contact for the next 2,000 years, leaving us with a metaphorical set of instructions.

(12-05-2018, 05:19 PM)thesummerqueen Wrote: I watched Hill House. I thought it was brilliant. I was intensely skeptical at first - the audiobook is one of the few books that has truly frightened me, and neither movie adaptations were any good, I thought. But this treatment was exceptional. I laughed, I cried, I was disturbed, I had anxiety. It was great. 10/10 would ride that roller coaster again.

Although bursting into tears after it was all done because of my own family issues could have been skipped.

I missed about 98% of the added in ghosts and didn't even notice till a video like this one.
https://www.popsugar.com/entertainment/H...e-45449199

I think a lot of these would have been missed by anyone depending on the quality of their TV.
  • mlmooney89

(12-05-2018, 05:19 PM)thesummerqueen Wrote: I watched Hill House. I thought it was brilliant. I was intensely skeptical at first - the audiobook is one of the few books that has truly frightened me, and neither movie adaptations were any good, I thought. But this treatment was exceptional. I laughed, I cried, I was disturbed, I had anxiety. It was great. 10/10 would ride that roller coaster again.

Would you recommend this to someone who doesn't normally like scary stuff, but likes suspense? My wife hates horror films in general, but might like something that's good.

It has jump scares and some pretty gruesome looking dead stuffs.

(12-05-2018, 05:45 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:

Would you recommend this to someone who doesn't normally like scary stuff, but likes suspense? My wife hates horror films in general, but might like something that's good.

Does she dislike horror for the gore and often violence or because it is scary and makes some jump? This show is low on violence and gore for the most part but high in intensity and suspense. It kept me on the edge of my seat and I jumped a few times which isn't usual for me since I adore horror movies.

Lol apparently we think differently on the gore. It has been a hot minute since I watched it. I reckon I was comparing it to the crazy gory movies. I don't remember looking away much though like I usually do with gross stuff.

(12-05-2018, 05:51 PM)mlmooney89 Wrote: Does she dislike horror for the gore and often violence or because it is scary and makes some jump? This show is low on violence and gore for the most part but high in intensity and suspense. It kept me on the edge of my seat and I jumped a few times which isn't usual for me since I adore horror movies.

She likes stuff like The Sixth Sense or Hide and Seek, which have brief moments of gore, but nothing excessive. If it makes excessive use of jump scares, she might not like it.

Is this sig thing on?

(12-05-2018, 05:57 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:
(12-05-2018, 05:51 PM)mlmooney89 Wrote: Does she dislike horror for the gore and often violence or because it is scary and makes some jump? This show is low on violence and gore for the most part but high in intensity and suspense. It kept me on the edge of my seat and I jumped a few times which isn't usual for me since I adore horror movies.

She likes stuff like The Sixth Sense or Hide and Seek, which have brief moments of gore, but nothing excessive. If it makes excessive use of jump scares, she might not like it.

Could you two watch the first episode to test it out? If she likes those two movies (which btw she has great taste cause they are awesome) she might actually like it. The suspense is the best part of the show. I say give it at least a chance.
The following 1 user Likes mlmooney89's post:
  • RobbyPants

Oh side note; I just say there is a new series of 1984 on Netflix. I LOVE that book and want to watch the show. Anyone see it yet and have an opinion?

Yeah, I would say that the Sixth Sense is probably a great test.
  • RobbyPants

Lol...Technically, the last thing I caught on TV was a glimpse of Big Bush's funeral.

The last network series I watched with any regularity were Season 1 of "The Purge"  and Season 8  of "American Horror Story". 
And I recently finished watching the final season of "House of Cards" (sans Spacey), and "The Chillling Tales of Sabrina" on Netflix.

Vikings.

It's like Little House on the Prairie, but without the lies.
Don't mistake me for those nice folks from Give-A-Shit county.

@mlmooney89 I’ve been keeping up with Bob’s burgers and am worried about Blackish too. Fingers crossed!
[Image: 320-C6-ED7-97-CD-4-AB2-A60-A-759-A45-FB7-FE8.jpg]
"The Thinking Atheist forum" “The Thinking Atheist forum closed down" “TTA Forum”
The following 2 users Like Smercury44's post:
  • mlmooney89, KittyAnn

Watching 'Nightflyers' for the first time. It's okay, I guess. 
Not sure it's something I'd care to catch up on from the beginning, though.

Ok so, I have finally got some time so, I'll be mainlining the second season of The Handmaid's Tale.  
Just watched the opening scene and Kate Bush nearly had me in tears.

Thankfully, OfFred is given all the best lines:
 "Our father, who art in heaven ...seriously? What the actual fuck?"

Best to hang on tight ... looks to be a fucked up ride. Shy

Currently? NFL football. Aside that, mostly movies, though I just put the first season of Westworld on reserve at the library and am looking forward to it.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

Christmas movies.
The following 1 user Likes Arden Portis's post:
  • KittyAnn

Well now is the time for Christmas movies, so sometimes I watch some ... but generally I watch Netflix series like The good place-awesome ... The haunting of hill house - I've definitely finished this one --ood one... and of course Merlin, very funny series...and i almost forgot Rivendale  Big Grin
The following 2 users Like KittyAnn's post:
  • pocaracas, Smercury44

Don't mistake me for those nice folks from Give-A-Shit county.
The following 2 users Like Old Man Marsh's post:
  • Smercury44, Jenny

no.god.damn.way.
Look the fuck UP.  GENIE GARAGE DOOR OPENER.  

Unfuckingbelievable.   Undecided

(12-18-2018, 05:49 PM)Kim Wrote: no.god.damn.way.
Look the fuck UP.  GENIE GARAGE DOOR OPENER.  

Unfuckingbelievable.    Undecided

?

I'm watching the NBA games in which my local team the GS Warriors play.  Tomorrow I'll watch the finale episode of this season's Survivor.  I'd like to have watched the mini series My Brilliant Friend on HBO but I had to miss it because goddam DISH is feuding with them again.  I want to lose those bastards.  Anyone have a carrier they can recommend?
"Talk nonsense, but talk your own nonsense, and I'll kiss you for it. To go wrong in one's own way is better than to go right in someone else's. 
F. D.