Atheist Discussion
Wow, really? - Printable Version

+- Atheist Discussion (https://atheistdiscussion.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Coffee House (https://atheistdiscussion.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=104)
+--- Forum: Off-topic (https://atheistdiscussion.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=95)
+--- Thread: Wow, really? (/showthread.php?tid=6004)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Wow, really? - GenesisNemesis - 10-31-2020

Didn't realize this forum was run by terrorist enablers. Might have to take my business elsewhere.

RE: Wow, really? - Aliza - 10-31-2020

(10-31-2020, 10:28 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote: Didn't realize this forum was run by terrorist enablers. Might have to take my business elsewhere.

Okay.

RE: Wow, really? - TonyAnkle - 10-31-2020

(10-31-2020, 10:31 PM)Aliza Wrote:
(10-31-2020, 10:28 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote: Didn't realize this forum was run by terrorist enablers. Might have to take my business elsewhere.

Okay.

Don't act all innocent Aliza... We know what you're up to Smile

RE: Wow, really? - Dom - 10-31-2020

Oh no! Not terrorist enablers!

RE: Wow, really? - Thumpalumpacus - 10-31-2020

Perhaps you could be specific? My psychic-powers board is in the shop getting a chipset upgrade.

RE: Wow, really? - c172 - 10-31-2020

*goes trick-or-treating for some terrorist enablers rather than the usual SweeTarts, Smarties and M&M's packs*

RE: Wow, really? - Fireball - 10-31-2020

The OP is the second person to post something about this. What is thisHuh

RE: Wow, really? - TonyAnkle - 10-31-2020

(10-31-2020, 11:48 PM)Fireball Wrote: The OP is the second person to post something about this. What is thisHuh

This sort of thing happens on April 1st over here.

RE: Wow, really? - Thumpalumpacus - 10-31-2020

(10-31-2020, 11:48 PM)Fireball Wrote: The OP is the second person to post something about this. What is thisHuh

About what?

RE: Wow, really? - c172 - 10-31-2020

I think "terrorist enablers". Pretty vague. Not sure I jive.

RE: Wow, really? - Thumpalumpacus - 11-01-2020

If your point is sharp enough to cause you to start a thread, at least link to the post(s) that gave you heartburn.

Thanks in retrospect, and stop with this curtain-shade crap. Say what you mean and mean what you say.

RE: Wow, really? - Kim - 11-01-2020

The draw Mohammed thread was deleted? Why?

RE: Wow, really? - skyking - 11-01-2020

I have a clue. If there is a chance that any of the principals on the domain could be found out, then they indeed could be targeted. I would certainly not fault anyone for protecting their families.

RE: Wow, really? - Dom - 11-01-2020

So, we have become one of the more active forums in our niche. 

That means search engines the world over spider us regularly, record our thread titles and content and list them as keywords.  

We do have to avoid drawing attention that will bring unwanted visitors. It isn't that hard to trace admin to individuals. 

Some people in the real world pose a danger once aroused. 

We don't want to endanger individuals in real life. 

That's it in a nut shell.

Now, I am leaving for the day in a few minutes, I need to do some things outside before dark. 

So, I won't be commenting more until tomorrow morning.

You guys have a good one, and thank you for protecting us and ours.

How disappointing. Undecided

RE: Wow, really? - adey67 - 11-01-2020

I was really cross too mate but now I've had a chance to drink some tea and think about it I'm much calmer and can see things more clearly. Please don't go otherwise the islamist bastards win by default. I'm sure we can think of some inventive ways to piss on Islam's fireworks while keeping everyone safe and staying within any rules and regulations, after all its not like we've been told we can't criticise the religion of special needs and besides, being inventive might prove to be quite fun.

RE: Wow, really? - Phaedrus - 11-01-2020

Oh, is this about the
Show ContentSpoiler:

RE: Wow, really? - Thumpalumpacus - 11-01-2020

If this forum is prominent among atheist forums, then one of those cunts could take it up at any time, with or without cartoons.

I didn't read or post in that cartoon thread because I'm not interested in trolling religionistas, but I think regulating our posts for concern about the feelings of believers is crap. This is an atheist forum. All targets are fair game.

Are we going to let fear regulate posting here?

RE: Wow, really? - Dom - 11-01-2020

(11-01-2020, 12:56 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: If this forum is prominent among atheist forums, then one of those cunts could take it up at any time, with or without cartoons.

I didn't read or post in that cartoon thread because I'm not interested in trolling religionistas, but I think regulating our posts for concern about the feelings of believers is crap. This is an atheist forum. All targets are fair game.

It's not concern about the believer's feelings, it's concern about the lives of our families in the real world. We signed up to protect your anonymity, it would be nice if you helped keep us from having our identities fall into malevolent hands.

That's all it is. Sometimes real life gets in the way.

RE: Wow, really? - GenesisNemesis - 11-01-2020

(11-01-2020, 01:01 AM)Dom Wrote:
(11-01-2020, 12:56 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: If this forum is prominent among atheist forums, then one of those cunts could take it up at any time, with or without cartoons.

It's not concern about the believer's feelings

What you end up doing because of this is protecting the believer's feelings, whether you like it or not. Now I'm going to take a long break or leave, not sure which.

We had a pretty long & involved thread full of it on TTA.  In fact, it was quite the thing back in 2010 - lots of "Draw Muhammad Contest" sites & events.  It became quite the finger in the air when some religious extremists got all bent out of shape over a South Park episode on the subject.

So yea, disappointing. Dodgy

RE: Wow, really? - Phaedrus - 11-01-2020

Isn't it the responsibility of the forum to protect its users anonymity?

If users decide to share any personal information publicly, well then, that is on them.

I mean, I understand but still, disappointing. Dodgy

RE: Wow, really? - brewerb - 11-01-2020

Those in charge can do what they want and I'll support them with this one. I may not like it but I'll support.

Are there other issues that we should avoid with regard to that religion?

RE: Wow, really? - Fireball - 11-01-2020

I guess sufficiently motivated religious jerks could find out who some of us are. In the general sense, it's why I never post a picture of myself. I've already had email addresses hacked by the Chinese and Russians, at least.