Atheist Discussion
I have... time - Printable Version

+- Atheist Discussion (https://atheistdiscussion.org/forums)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://atheistdiscussion.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=89)
+--- Forum: Introductions (https://atheistdiscussion.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: I have... time (/showthread.php?tid=5048)

Pages: 1 2

I have... time - DodosAreDead - 04-10-2020

Hi, I'm clexa (the 100 reference... anyone? no one? ok). Lifelong atheist, currently in college (but sent back home because of the pandemic), am 18. That's all I have for you now, hopefully I can participate much more actively once my account is approved. 
I made this account back in 2018, coming from a different atheist forum (bet you can guess which one) but never used it. Thought now would be a good time to start Smile

RE: I have... time - Alan V - 04-10-2020

Welcome to the discussions. Jump in anywhere.

RE: I have... time - Gawdzilla Sama - 04-10-2020

Welcome. I too am 18. (Plus 51, but that's a mere detail.)

RE: I have... time - Dom - 04-10-2020

Hi clexa! Welcome and feel free to chime right in! We're a mix of all ages, walks of life, ethnicities, gender orientations and locations of origin here. The variety of back grounds and opinions is welcome. Looking forward to hearing from you.  Thumbs Up

RE: I have... time - brewerb - 04-10-2020

Welcome Woof.

Your user name only made me think of an antidepressant.

RE: I have... time - Gwaithmir - 04-10-2020

Welcome from Middle Earth!  Gandalf

RE: I have... time - jerry mcmasters - 04-10-2020

Howdy Clexa.  We have a wide mixture of political opinions here ranging from far-left all the way to far-far-left.   Tongue

RE: I have... time - Bcat - 04-10-2020

Welcome!

RE: I have... time - SYZ - 04-10-2020

G'day mate, and welcome to the forum. Sun

RE: I have... time - Minimalist - 04-10-2020

I have socks older than you but that's fine.  You are the future.  Welcome aboard.

RE: I have... time - Fireball - 04-10-2020

Welcome!

RE: I have... time - Mark - 04-10-2020

I'll check with my doctor to see if Clexa might be right for me. I was 18 once. It was my favorite age to be .. at that time. However it may end up ranking in the ages you go on to become, you'd best savor what this age has to offer now since there will be no going back. Welcome.

RE: I have... time - Marozz - 04-10-2020

Welcome!

RE: I have... time - Szuchow - 04-10-2020

Hello.

RE: I have... time - jerry mcmasters - 04-10-2020

Clexa, check with your doctor before using this forum. Side effects may include hair loss, rising blood pressure, madness, dementia, and with my posts in particular, extreme nausea.

RE: I have... time - Thumpalumpacus - 04-10-2020

Hiyas, Clexa, welcome to the forum. What's your major? Where's home?

RE: I have... time - skyking - 04-10-2020

Greetings! Sorry you have the time but glad you will spend some here.

RE: I have... time - DodosAreDead - 04-10-2020

Thank you, everyone! A bit more of an intro: I grew up in a Hindu family, but never found any reason to believe in god. It wasn't a huge mental dilemma or anything, atheism basically came naturally to me. It wasn't until 5 or so years ago that I realized it was somewhat rare and to the rest of the world, a big deal. Since then I've been more actively critical of religion and a stauncher atheist, especially after coming into contact with less tolerant theists than my own family, who never seemed to care much about what I believed in or didn't, as long as I didn't do something overtly disrespectful like spit on a holy idol. 

(04-10-2020, 09:20 AM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Welcome. I too am 18. (Plus 51, but that's a mere detail.)
Ahh, I see no text after 'am 18' in your post. How nice to meet a fellow teenager Tongue  Angel

(04-10-2020, 12:42 PM)brewerb Wrote: Welcome Woof.

Your user name only made me think of an antidepressant.
I... wasn't aware that clexa is an antidepressant. I chose the name because it's my favorite ship (relationship, not marine vessel) on my favorite TV show. I also tried to change my username today so that some people may recognize me from AF, but couldn't figure out how to. Help, anyone? 

(04-10-2020, 01:51 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote: Howdy Clexa.  We have a wide mixture of political opinions here ranging from far-left all the way to far-far-left.   Tongue
Sounds about right based on my experience on similar forums, throw in an occasional evangelical and you've got a good day on your hands 

(04-10-2020, 02:33 PM)Minimalist Wrote: I have socks older than you but that's fine.  You are the future.  Welcome aboard.
Min, you've actually said this exact same thing to me on a different forum, lol. I remember because I found it hilarious then, and I still do.  Thanks for the welcome. 

(04-10-2020, 02:49 PM)Mark Wrote: I'll check with my doctor to see if Clexa might be right for me.  I was 18 once.  It was my favorite age to be .. at that time.  However it may end up ranking in the ages you go on to become, you'd best savor what this age has to offer now since there will be no going back.  Welcome.
I've been 18 for all of three weeks. Celebrated with the company of my parents, wearing a hoodie and sweatpants, sitting at home. Made it feel more like a 60th bday lol. Thanks, coronavirus. All the same, it is nice to be able to buy NyQuil myself and you know, vote and stuff. Smile

(04-10-2020, 03:19 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote: Clexa, check with your doctor before using this forum.  Side effects may include hair loss, rising blood pressure, madness, dementia, and with my posts in particular, extreme nausea.
Forums in general tend to do that, I'm yet to find one with a younger demographic  Panic  . I'm currently on a self-imposed social-media ban, though, so it seems like I'm on my way to that with or without this forum anyways. 

(04-10-2020, 03:31 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Hiyas, Clexa, welcome to the forum. What's your major? Where's home?
Hey, thank you. I'm an undecided freshman, probably gonna major in Econ or Statistics. And home's kinda scattered between the US West Coast and India, having grown up half in both places. My college is in the Midwest, though, so throw that in now and I really never know how to answer that question Smile

RE: I have... time - Thumpalumpacus - 04-10-2020

It sounds like you have a lot to offer. I haven't been at AF for a couple of years so probably don't know you from there.

RE: I have... time - no one - 04-10-2020

100 tacos, I'm in.

RE: I have... time - Chimp3 - 04-10-2020

Welcome!

RE: I have... time - Fireball - 04-10-2020

clexa, you can contact @Dom for a name change. There are restrictions on that, but she can explain that.

RE: I have... time - Cheerful Charlie - 04-10-2020

Welcome to AD. Don't feed the trolls, (but you can kick them).

RE: I have... time - trdsf - 04-11-2020

Wow, I have a tie dye I got at a Dead show that's twice your age... welcome! XD

RE: I have... time - Fireball - 04-11-2020

dodos? Is that you? :waves: